Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @TiffanyPe17 well done on losing 50lbs, that's a major achievement! You made me laugh, when I read your post I thought "I wonder if that includes the baby" sorry :)

@TerriRichardson112 you are doing really well reducing fat and increasing muscle. How do you keep track of that, are there scales which can do it?
    JFT I will remember my aims, and not have more than one snack.

Well I did remember my aims, but still had more than one snack, not exactly the plan! I had a second snack after dealing with an enormous toddler tantrum. It was a difficult day all round, it was my neighbour's funeral which made me realise how fragile I still am with my own losses.

So JFT Wednesday
    Remember my aims
    Walk if the rain stops
    Back exercises
    Wrap some presents
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. 1st class: Back work / bonus work. Grade all one pagers and 5 essays.
    3. 2nd-3rd classes: Back work / bonus work. Grade 5 essays.
    4. Lunch: Soup. Read Hood Feminism.
    5. Planning: Call parents. Grade late work. Write script: Clauses and Phrases.
    6. Write a letter. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Other things??? Strength/yoga.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Shower. Hair/makeup/pink shirt/pearl earrings. Shoot HQ video and send. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV. Patch jeans.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    End of July: 188.6
    End of August: 189.8
    End of September: 191.0
    End of October: 189.4
    End of November: 192.6
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
    7. Theater: ???
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 393 Member

Monday take 2 goals
    Stay greenโŒ
    No candyโŒ Which is why I went over calories
    No beerโœ…
    Zwift workout tonightโœ…
    Fix showerโœ…

Wednesdayโ€™s goals

Monday take 2 goals
    Stay green
    No candy
    No beer
    Zwift workout tonight
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited December 2020
    Recap T 12/15
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 13/14 & 11.3k
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: -18 & 15c
    3) Office to-do list (things I couldn't do on crummy PC yesterday) / AJNH / review progress w/ in-charge / webinar 12:00 (pace) / keep up w/ emails = 5/5
    4) Read Luke 15 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / write cards headache & no energy left / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / wash dishes :p decided to run dishwasher for change / decorate? yes except for tree = 5/6
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS :s / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 4/5

JFT W 12/16
    1) Walked dog 3.84 mi before work & heard owl :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Office: 9:00 new laptop set-up / don't spend day playing around w/ new tech / AJNH / webinar 12:00 (pace) / keep up w/ emails / save docs to flash for work from home just in case
    4) Bank on way home / 7:00 Advent service at church / read Luke 16 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / write cards / wash rest of dishes? / decorate tree? / year end donations?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work)

Yesterday was another no "workout" day, but after work & supper, I spent 1.5 hours setting up remainder of Christmas & snowman decorations. I logged "light cleaning" again on MFP.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited December 2020
    WEDNESDAY:

1. eat breakfast
    2. 8+ cups water
    3. two 15-minute mini-workouts
    4. 20+ burpees...have to catch up on my challenge!
    5. 5000 steps
    6. salad for lunch
    7. track exercise
    8. go to bed early, get at least 6 hours sleep
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    For the record, I did brush my teeth today, I just forgot to mark it done on my post...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Hey all. Thanks to those of you who have checked up on me. I do appreciate it. My depression has been rearing it's ugly head again. Nothing as serious or dangerous as before, just a general loss of interest in life. Even minimal self care has been difficult. Things like showering and brushing my teeth aren't happening like they should. I know, gross... Exercise is not happening at all. I'm not even getting 6000 steps most days. I'm late for work may days, but do well when I'm there. I only go into the office 2 days a week, on my work form home days, I mostly lay around and check emails. Not very engaging. The family is doing well, Christmas gifts are purchased and wrapped, cookies are made, but I just don't feel it this year. Going to the Boys & Girls Club tonight to drop off some gifts and sticking around to wrap gifts. I do take some pleasure in doing things to make others happy, and I can enjoy moments throughout the day, but when the moments are over I quickly slip back into numbness. I did paint a mural for my daughters room of a Cygnus A which is a Radio Galaxy Star. It turned out ok, but I fell off the step ladder completing it on Monday. No serious injuries, just stiff and bruised. Chalk it up to 2020 I guess.

Saw my Psych yesterday and she decided to adjust my meds. Hopefully, that will help me have a desire to live life again rather than just existing in it. She also suggested I make some simple goals each day. Funny, I used to do that and I used to interact here in this group. I miss y'all and your support, but it's my fault that is gone.

For the Newbies, welcome. Sorry you had to hear about my struggles. I try not to always be a whiner, but sometimes folks around here want an update. This is a great group!

JFT Goals
    - Get out of bed :smiley:
    - Brush Teeth
    - On-time for work :smiley:
    - Eat three meals and don't binge
    - Pick up new glasses
    - Drop off dinner & cookies to mom
    - Volunteer at Boys & Girls Club
    - Shower before bed
    - Go to bed after the news

I get what you mean. Like 100 percent. I could've posted this myself! I also haven't showered for a couple of days or brushed my teeth! It is gross but when you feel like that it's just what happens.
    I'm glad you always come back here though!
    Hope the meds adjustment works! Xxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @littleblackskirt I have a smart weighing scale that gives me other data.
    BMI, %age water, muscle, fat; bone weight; TDEE.
    The figures tally with the BODYTRAX machine used by my local gym, so are fairly accurate.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Just noticed that I ticked Wednesday as completed this morning when I posted ๐Ÿ˜‚ It is now.

Hang in there, folks. Tomorrow is full of new opportunities.
    ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ„
    ๐ŸŽ„DECEMBER ๐ŸŽ„
    ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ„
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      15 Dec: 146.9
      December Daily Goals: Week 3
      Tues: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu:
      Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon:

Weight < 150: โœ… (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: โœ… 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
      Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
      Calories in the green โœ…
      Steps > 7500 โœ…
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ…
      Active hours > 6 daily โœ…

Positive intentions:
      ๐ŸŽ„Meditation โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Exercise โœ… Circuits โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Daily Yoga/tai chi practice โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„post Xmas cards โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Clean out fridgeโœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Grocery shopping โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„sort out Christmas card stock โœ…ongoing
      ๐ŸŽ„Laundry โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Daily Chores โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Puzzles โœ…
      ๐ŸŽ„Watch TV โœ… ๐ŸŽ„Read โœ…

Never give up! Never give in!

Terri ๐Ÿฆ„
    • TerriRichardson112
      PS: I could not trust myself with Malteser tiffin in the house.

I think the lack of the usual structure in our lives at the moment gets to us all from time to time. Itโ€™s human. We are creatures of habit.

And it seems to have been going on for so long. Take the little moments and try not to beat yourselves up about the rest.
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      @pridesabtch Iโ€™m pleased to see you posting again. I hope your new medication works for you. Sending you hugs
    • ZizzyBumble
      Wed 16 Dec

Log ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Stay in the green ๐Ÿ˜Š
      5 fruit and veg ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Water ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Fitbit exercise goals ๐Ÿ˜Š
      Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š Happy Scale weight trend โฌ†๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nothing lost in 7 last days - that corner of malteaser tiffin led to a few more!

Iโ€™m not at all sure that the scales are trustworthy - apparently I weighed less after breakfast! Iโ€™ll trust happy scale to iron out their idiosyncrasies.
    • ZizzyBumble
      Thursday 17 Dec

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š Happy Scale weight trend โ†”๏ธ 0.3 kg lost in 7 last days.

• PackerFanInGB
      PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
      edited December 2020
      Just for Thursday
      • 24H Plan and Assess
      • 64 oz water
      • 30 minutes intentional activity
      • PT appointment
      • Stop at TJMaxx for ornament buddy gift and Christmas cards, STAMPS
      • Bake 2 batches of Christmas cookies or breads
      • Make 2 patchwork bags or stockings for kiddos
      • Listen to NoBS Podcast and/or Course lesson. Listen to Half Size Me.
      • Evening Routine: Get ready one hour early, gratitude journal, readings, lights off 10:30.

WOTY 2020: Persistence
    • aerochic42
      aerochic42 Posts: 818 Member
      1) log food (I thought I was able to get away without that for a bit but wrong. I haven't realigned my brain enough to not mindless munch)
      2) Garbage out
      3) Wash towels
      4) Mop kitchen
      5) 9k steps
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
      JFT Goals
      - Get out of bed :smiley:
      - Brush Teeth :smile:
      - On-time for work :smiley:
      - Eat three meals and don't binge :smile:
      - Pick up new glasses :smile:
      - Drop off dinner & cookies to mom :smile:
      - Volunteer at Boys & Girls Club :smile:
      - Shower before bed :(
      - Go to bed after the news :smile:

Yesterday was a hard day, but I accomplished most of my goals.

JFT
      -Brush teeth
      - Walmart for supplies for Boys & Girls Club
      - Volunteer at B&G Club
      - Eat 3 meals, no binging
      - Shower
      - Bed after the news

Have a most excellent day y'all!

• cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      Recap W 12/16
      1) Walked dog 3.84 mi before work & heard owl :smiley: happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom! 17.3k
      3) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water :( -232 & 13c
      3) Office: 9:00 new laptop set-up / don't spend day playing around w/ new tech / AJNH / webinar 12:00 (pace) / keep up w/ emails / save docs to flash for work from home just in case = 6/6
      4) Bank on way home / 7:00 Advent service at church / read Luke 16 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / write cards / wash rest of dishes? / decorate tree? / year end donations? :s 4/8
      5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work) = 5/5

JFT R 12/17
      1) Walked dog 4.13 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly
      3) Prelog meals & snacks / net cals zero / 14c water
      3) Work at home: new laptop WiFi & VPN set-up / AJNH / webinar 2:00 (pace) / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s summary
      4) Finance advisor phone call 1:00 / read Luke 16 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / write cards / wash rest of dishes? / decorate tree? / year end donations?
      5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before work)

Last night after church & changed clothes, I sat on couch for what I intended to be a moment before ready to work on cards. Kitty immediately jumped into my lap, purring, and settled in. No cards done, or anything after that. At least I cleared some of DVR backlog. LOL

This a.m. have new laptop connected to home WiFi but had issues with VPN & dual authentication. Several calls to Help Desk later, restart of phone & laptop, adding drives, and everything is working. Now I have access to G & H drives, and I even figured out how to disable touchpad when mouse is activated. One step at a time for this non-techie. Also ecstatic we no longer have to send daily update emails to manager when working at home. Still have to summarize, but on s/s already being submitted weekly. Yay.

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
      Just for Thursday
      • 24H Plan and Assess
      • 64 oz water
      • 30 minutes intentional activity
      • PT appointment
      • Stop at TJMaxx for ornament buddy gift and Christmas cards, STAMPS
      • Bake 2 batches of Christmas cookies or breads
      • Make 2 patchwork bags or stockings for kiddos
      • Listen to NoBS Podcast and/or Course lesson. Listen to Half Size Me.
      • Evening Routine: Get ready one hour early, gratitude journal, readings, lights off 10:30.

WOTY 2020: Persistence

Haha you know over here, it's called TK Max rather than TJ lol!
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
      I have not been on here all week I think! Like so many of you, I am really struggling now, not only with weight management, but feeling down and just not with it. This time of year I always struggle .. this year is worse than most.

They moved my SIL to a hospice house over the weekend, so it is just a matter of a few days. All this is so very hard to believe, because she was always so healthy. Both of her parents lived well into their 90s, so it just never crossed our minds that at 76 she would be gone. Yes, to some 76 is a good age .. but that is only 5 years more for me. And to me, 76 is still young (well, not old LOL). And it was so quick .. to not even know she was sick, then find out she herself was only given 4 months.

We did talk to our son for about a hour, so that made me feel better. I was starting to worry about him as well. You know .. its like you start worrying about one thing, then everything!

So today I am going to work hard at eating extra healthy, and trying to stay positive. I will write out just a few Christmas cards. We are going very light with Christmas gifts.. sending the grandkids money instead of a lot of gifts, and that is done. I talked to hubby, and Christmas Eve and Christmas day he is OK with at least letting our daughter come in our patio room. It will be cold, but I will turn on the heater, and I have a little Christmas tree out there. So I'm sure her visit will be short, but at least she does not have to be alone in her apartment. Oh .. the vacine just can't get here soon enough!

So goals for today are simple
      1. log all food
      2. concentrate on water
      3. work at remembering all the good christmas'es I have had through the years .. don't think of what we have lost, but what we had
      4. remember how my decision today affects how I will feel tomorrow. Make good decisions

@pridesabtch -- I am so happy to see you back posting. This time of year, we have to be kind to ourselves. It is so hard for everyone to stay upbeat during these crazy times, and I know for me, the holidays have always been hard. But I am so proud of you for coming back and posting .. and making small goals. Even a goal like brushing your teeth is a huge step. Hugs to you dear friend .. you are not alone.

I will try and go back and read all I have missed .. but luv you all. I think this thread is such a caring group of "friends".