Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Tygirl2016 wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Friends, I will weigh in later!
    I worked out yesterday after work. I made myself go to the gym and it was nearly empty (Friday evening) but afterwards I felt high on those endorphins and satisfied that I went.

I ate a healthy dinner and was watching TV with my daughter. I went into the kitchen and got a bowl of salty snacks. Daughter asked "Are you hungry already?" I said "what does that have to do with anything?".
    But she was right; I wasn't hungry. I was snacky! I reward myself with salty crunchy snacks.

I will have to remember the difference between hunger and reward. Try to find a more reasonable calorie reward than a bowl of snacks.

I've started talking to myself again this week...feel like a crazy person. To my tummy..."You just had a filling, delicious dinner. You are not hungry!" (Anyone else get tummy feelings and think it's hunger when it clearly can't be?!?)

Yesterday, my knee hurt and I thought I'm going to skip working out today..."That sounds like an excuse to me...what CAN you do today?"

This one I'm asking myself every morning when I write my goals for the day "What is it you really want? and What will you do today to work towards that goal?"

Positive mantras do work. I have to incorporate more of them in my life. Sticky notes on mirrors, etc.
    I like your ideas!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 Ok... I guess it is a little fast. But in Zumba there are some basic moves repeated over and over. I guess I just got used to it.
    Thanks for trying it! A disco class- fun!!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 trwhitney2627 @lorrainequiche59

I looked at that Zumba video and didn't even try it. Instead, I searched for something for the very beginner. I found this video for seniors, and with a set of 8-lb dumbbells, it is all the challenge I can handle currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLdcBgl35u4

I also found this video of "8 minute abs" from decades ago.
    ... and this more recent one: 8 minute stretch.