30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Good morning ! I have been doing planks nearly every day so that is a positive.
    Yesterday, I started intermittent fasting. It's day 2 and I haven't eaten yet (I will at 11:00) and I am drinking tea , not coffee because I like milk in my coffee.

My friend lost 40 pounds and gained a lot of energy from IF.
    Does anyone have any insight on IF? Any tips?
    I am stopping eating after dinner til lunch the next day.
    I'm headed to the gym right now.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,222 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    8 lb dumbbells? No, mine are 2 lbs. Baby steps!
    Yes, baby steps... whatever works!
    I'm a big guy so that's not that impressive. I use a couple of 2 lb dumbbells as well, plus a couple of 35 lb dumbbells for curls and presses. For someone my size, 50 lb dumbbells s/b doable, but like you say, baby steps.
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Yesterday, I started intermittent fasting. It's day 2 and I haven't eaten yet (I will at 11:00) and I am drinking tea , not coffee because I like milk in my coffee.

Planks! I've got to start doing those too. Those and leg lifts, bridges, ab crunches, etc. It's time for me to start working on ALL those muscles we tend to neglect.

I'm no nutritionist, but I think fasting periodically, once or twice a month, can be beneficial. My personal opinion is it's not healthy to fast too much. But then, what is too much?

• Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

I’ve heard a lot of positive outcomes for many people. It just may work for you.

Here’s my experience, fwiw. I tried IF for almost two months and didn’t lose any weight and it made me cranky. I did 6pm to 11am. It messed with my day/routine that I had and I found myself constantly thinking about food...waiting untiI I could eat, so my morning work suffered. After the 2nd week, my digestive system became wonky. I was regular as clockwork until IF, then I wasn’t and would go days without “going” if you know what I mean. I put up with it for the rest of the time thinking it would reset itself, but soon came to the realization IF was not a way of life for me. I prefer calorie counting and eating whatever I want, when I want, in moderation. I’ve lost that way before, but stopped counting calories, and had a case of the “I don’t cares” ...and so I start the journey again.

As for energy..I did not notice any change in energy level on IF.

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    CKBC2017 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I would like to join you all as well. My name is Carly and I have about 35 pounds to lose. I have tried to lose weight for as long as I can remember, with some success, but life always seems to get in the way. I have never really posted in the community before, so I'm hoping this might give me the boost I need to reach my goals.

I'll weigh in on Wednesdays to keep myself accountable.

Thank you for setting this up!

Welcome to our group!
  • dromin31
    dromin31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been intermittent Fasting since October it makes me feel great knowing I'm not overeating and ive lost 30 lbs since October also I have a chest meal on weekends I found out it helps me maintain and continue my diet