Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2020 - One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,580 Member
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Wednesday December 16 - AF
    Thursday December 17 - AF - Felt like drinks, but wanted to get my 2AF in a row.
    Friday December 18 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow.
    Saturday December 19 - Drinks
    Sunday December 20 - AF - Planning AF tomorrow too.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 20 days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @mainelylisa - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that the therapist has success and that you find your center to be grounded. Take care my friend. Oh and love the Google Doodle! Some days I wish I was the creative artist that came up with all those but then again I can't draw worth a flip! LOL
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    No drinks for me today. Sunday was an all afternoon drinkfest and eatfest for me but it did nothing but increase my anxiety. I polished off the wine and chips and everything in between.

Two drinking days in a row and my energy is ZAPPED. So not worth it. Today I declare it to BE KIND TO ME DAY.

@Lilylady3k and @dawnbgethealthy you both are doing exceptionally well.....very inspiring!

@mainelylisa I like that you are chasing solutions. I see success in your game plan.....:)

@MissMay your positive support is exactly what I needed to hear....thank you....

Plan for having a great week...Expect good things to happen
  • ThatRunningGuy
    ThatRunningGuy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    just found this. Will there be a "Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2021 - One Day At A Time" created?
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @ThatRunningGuy - Yes there will be a monthly thread throughout 2021! Hope that you can join us.

AF (alcohol free) this evening again. DH is as well :) Seeing if I can knock out a few days before Christmas Eve when I do plan to enjoy a few glasses of wine. I'm joining my virtual book club with another festive wine glass filled with water tonight.

Dec accountability: 7/21 days AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    New home for the thread, but the same goals for me, 16-20 AF days per month.

Wednesday December 16 - AF
    Thursday December 17 - AF - Felt like drinks, but wanted to get my 2AF in a row.
    Friday December 18 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow.
    Saturday December 19 - Drinks
    Sunday December 20 - AF - Planning AF tomorrow too.
    Monday December 21 - AF - Shortest daylight of the year. We got a dump of snow, but it was warm this afternoon so it turned into sleet making piles of wet slush. The skating lakes will be a mess, but hopefully as it cools down again there will be enough of a base for X-Country skiing this week.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 21 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker
    So you had a small blowout after being AF for so long. I totally get that.

@Lilylady3k
    You have been moderating so well especially all of the things that you have been through the last couple of months. And getting your husband to be AF with you sometimes is fantastic!

@mainelylisa
    So glad that you found a therapist that you think will work out well.
    So you are in Portland...Oregon? Hmm. I thought that you were in Maine, and that your cabin was near @MissMay in...Maine?
    So our snow last night and this morning must have come from you. Thanks : - ) I shoveled to my heart's content, one of my very favourite activities.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @mainelylisa & @MissMay - I've never tried Kombucha and got very confused when at the store looking at the huge variety. Do you recommend any particular brands and/or flavors that I should try?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    Looky who just mosied into our yard for the first time!!!

Yea....ya know what he is thinking don't ya. " Can you give me directions to MissMay's house, I herd her gardens are delicious?"