January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    For those having issues with the ChallengeHound site. I only use the website and access it from the emails they send. I have not had any issues. If a run is missing (@Teresa502) you can add an activity manually by clicking on the Activities button/tab at the top. It will list all of your runs that it has found and there is a + to add an activity there.
    I figured out why my 5k race doesn't show. When I was walking/trotting to warm up I had my watch set to "walk" and forgot to change it to "run" for the race. I manually changed it in Strava but it still shows up as a walk in challenge hound.

Love that Hobbes!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman I find it hard to run outside after running on the treadmill for many days in a row. I think most of mine is mental, but I also can't control the terrain outside. I can always lower the treadmill incline. Love your wildlife sightings/hearings.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep I have had days when my HR just went up quickly and just wouldn't go down, regardless of how slow I was running. I never did figure out why - maybe nutrition or hydration. Glad you are feeling more human today.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @MiriS75 Welcome!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Back from my 3k run. Short and sweet. Listening to my favourite podcasts - @runs_on_espresso has one that's a great listen for beginners (shameless plug lol)

I much prefer listening to podcasts than music now. Music would affect my pace too much, but podcasts dont. What are some of your favourite podcasts? I listen to a variety, Radio vs the Martians (pop culture), the running world podcast, brain food, case file (true crime) lol
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Oh Lordie, @skippygirlsmom , thank heavens for branches.....and hiking angels!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    OMG, @skippygirlsmom, I was so sorry to see on Strava that you had broken your ankle and reading your story it sounds so harrowing. But it seems like you handled it so calmly! I can't imagine the pain and the ordeal you went through to get out. It's obviously always a risk with hiking (and even running of course) and it's just a freak thing that you slipped. Thank goodness it wasn't so much worse and you had the presence of mind to stop yourself. (And then stop your watch, which is funny now that you're safe).

I hope you heal well and quickly. Obviously not the start of the year you hoped for. Hugs to you and Skip for your scare and best wishes for recovery and rehab.