January 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice run @kgirlhart . Glad the hip is behaving.

Nice job on the HM @Scott6255 !

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Wow. You have my eternal awe and respect for how you handled that situation. Just glad it wasn't much worse, and wishing you a speedy recovery!

(And now you've got one heck of a story to tell the grandkids.)
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Back from my 3k run. Short and sweet. Listening to my favourite podcasts - @runs_on_espresso has one that's a great listen for beginners (shameless plug lol)

I much prefer listening to podcasts than music now. Music would affect my pace too much, but podcasts dont. What are some of your favourite podcasts? I listen to a variety, Radio vs the Martians (pop culture), the running world podcast, brain food, case file (true crime) lol

Look up Dirt Church Radio.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Back from my 3k run. Short and sweet. Listening to my favourite podcasts - @runs_on_espresso has one that's a great listen for beginners (shameless plug lol)

I much prefer listening to podcasts than music now. Music would affect my pace too much, but podcasts dont. What are some of your favourite podcasts? I listen to a variety, Radio vs the Martians (pop culture), the running world podcast, brain food, case file (true crime) lol

Look up Dirt Church Radio.

Oh cool! Will give them a listen, thanks!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    OMG @skippygirlsmom, that’s a very dramatic way to start the year/end a hike! Sorry to hear your ankle’s toast, happy to hear you’re still alive. Sending healing vibes.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo forgot to give you some podcast suggestions:
    Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me
    Reply All
    Strength Running
    RadioLab
    Every Little Thing

Those are just a few I listen to.

What's a podcast?????
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Sounds like an interesting run/walk. Nice picture.

@HonuNui Hahaha on the video comment. I plan to "see" you until Thursday evening. Friday is the big day. I too hope it is uninteresting. I like my treadmill, but it is getting old too. It has programs that will automatically change the incline and some the speed also. I normally use the incline changes, but control my own speed. And, sometimes will decrease the incline if it feels too much. I like the control it gives. But, it is starting to act up - showing my HR when I'm not touching the handles, so that I can't see what else it is doing. It goes back to the regular screen when I change the incline. Weird.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    welcome new folks :smile:
    good lord, @skippysmom that sounds scary.
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    01/01... 10.12
    04/01... 4.20
    05/01... 5.41

Total KM 19.73

100% humidity and hot today. Garmin also called my run "unproductive"... meh

@Avidkeo thanks for the GPS tip, I got my map back today so it seemed to do the trick