Dry January

Replies

• LanceALars65
    LanceALars65 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm on day 34 of the 75 Hard challenge which includes NO alcohol.

Won't lie, there have been a few days I REALLY wanted a glass of wine or to enjoy an adult beverage with a friend.

But I've stuck to it, not going to fail now that I've gotten through the holidays with no misses!

Wow!!! Thats awesome!
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    I'm on day 34 of the 75 Hard challenge which includes NO alcohol.

Won't lie, there have been a few days I REALLY wanted a glass of wine or to enjoy an adult beverage with a friend.

But I've stuck to it, not going to fail now that I've gotten through the holidays with no misses!

I just had to look up this challenge and I backed out before I’d even read all the challenge aspects 😂 well done for getting so far with it
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 2021
    I was doing it.

I’m not now. Maybe that means I should be?

But but but... I watch what I eat. I work out. A little booze is my only vice left.

And I been locked down for four zillion years. I need SOMETHING.

But I am in awe of anyone who can.
  • LanceALars65
    I was doing it.

I’m not now. Maybe that means I should be?

But but but... I watch what I eat. I work out. A little booze is my only vice left.

And I been locked down for four zillion years. I need SOMETHING.

But I am in awe of anyone who can.

Ha! I totally get where your coming from RunneeGirl!! I workout basically 6 days a week and eat well. I like thinking I deserve a bit of relax time. Especially this crappy year. But I have a small health issue and dry January is another 'try'.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    I started yesterday...we shall see how long it lasts...my consumption was getting pretty out of control there
  • john_not_typical
    john_not_typical Posts: 44 Member
    I’m doing this also I suppose. Sine I haven’t had any alcohol in years (don’t like the taste) maybe I don’t count.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I’m doing this also I suppose. Sine I haven’t had any alcohol in years (don’t like the taste) maybe I don’t count.

No, it's supposed to be a *challenge*, and since it's no challenge for you (or me) our abstinence does not count ;)
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    x85u66q60iy4.jpeg

I was soooo tempted 😂
  • LanceALars65
    KerrieA87 wrote: »
    watts6151 wrote: »
    x85u66q60iy4.jpeg

I was soooo tempted 😂

Noooo..don't do it! If I'm in your in😅
  • LanceALars65
    I'm cooking some eggplant parmesan for tonight....trying to think of something better than red wine to go with it...coffee?

Yum!!! That calls for a nice bold red. Oh wait. This dry January has more pitfalls than I thought.😊
    Lemon water?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    i find myself wanting to snack more since I'm not drinking, so not sure that's going to help with weight loss...
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    i find myself wanting to snack more since I'm not drinking, so not sure that's going to help with weight loss...

That's interesting, I usually find the opposite!

I am not 100% because I only started on the 2nd, not the 1st, but so far sticking with it. How is everyone else doing?