The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    cgrout78 wrote: »
    OK, I really need to try this yoga thing. Is there a good youtube video or something online I can follow along with?

I've tried so many different Yoga videos on YouTube, and finding the right kind of yoga for you can take some time, so I encourage you to try many different styles and instructors to find what feels right to you. I dance for cardio, and Yoga for me is more for flexability, mobility, and relaxation. It's my ME TIME. I prefer Yin Yoga and Restorative. Check out Jessica Richburg on YouTube, she's my favorite. Here's a link: https://youtu.be/c56tAJ9KjRg
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! Now I just have to find a place to do it, since I feel like it won't be all that relaxing with my 2 dogs jumping all over me! haha.
  • outdoorswoman81
    outdoorswoman81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK, I really need to try this yoga thing. Is there a good youtube video or something online I can follow along with?

I just did a YouTube yoga for the first time on Monday. It was Yoga for beginners. I am still sore, but that just shows me how much I need to do it! Good luck!
  • TheStidge
    TheStidge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 36 next week, that's technically upper 30s, right? 😃
  • cgrout78
    Options
    you're closer to 40 than 30 soo.....I'd say so. Welcome!
  • taglazar1
    taglazar1 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    TheStidge wrote: »
    Finally! 😃 All these tiktokkin' kids have lost me

You and me both.....
  • SingerJen74
    SingerJen74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Jen and I just turned 46 not too long ago. Trying again to get this weight off, and keep it off. Was doing great until Covid came along. I can't use that as an excuse anymore. Just need to jump in. I need some likeminded folks, so please feel free to "friend" me.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    My Dad got the results of a biopsy yesterday - he has an aggressive, fast growing lymph cancer. Chemo starts next week.

I hope lockdown eases at some point soon so I can visit him.

Im so sorry to hear that 😔 I hope you do get to visit him.. a terrible time to be apart.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Oh no @drmwc that's awful news. Really hope you get to go visit soon :*
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My Dad got the results of a biopsy yesterday - he has an aggressive, fast growing lymph cancer. Chemo starts next week.

I went through this last summer. Hug your Dad when you can. And if he asks you to go get him take-out soup from that place he likes, no matter how inconvenient it is, just do it. Trust me.
  • cgrout78
    Options
    so Sorry to hear that @drmwc prayers to you and your whole family
  • taglazar1
    Options

Praying for you and your family
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    53 here. Feel free to add me. Just restarting.
  • taglazar1
    Options
    53 here. Feel free to add me. Just restarting.
    Love the profile picture!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

I’m so sorry. All the hugs going your way. ❤️
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    thank you!!! Now I just have to find a place to do it, since I feel like it won't be all that relaxing with my 2 dogs jumping all over me! haha.

I had to put my dog in the crate for awhile when doing yoga or stretching at home. Lately she is behaving better and will lay on the floor next to the mat. Most of the time. 😁
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Back into work we go, ho hum... Had a letter from My consultant which says I have damage to medial meniscus of my left knee with a possible tear, also the leg alignment is off so it bows outwards putting extra strain on the joint... nothing to do but work around it and hope they can get me fixed up in some way or another.
    Always happy to have extra friends to chat to on this journey, right now think I could do with them..
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options

So absolutely sorry to hear this...
    All my thoughts, prayers and positive vibes going out to your dad and the hope that you can visit very soon 😞❤️