The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Here in PA. The bugs were horrible and I got bit up pretty good. But no ticks so that’s nice

Hey Boy Scout didn't you take bug spray???
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Here in PA. The bugs were horrible and I got bit up pretty good. But no ticks so that’s nice

Hey Boy Scout didn't you take bug spray???

It didn’t work. I’m too sweet
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Happy new week my middle aged friends. It's Canada day!!! We're taking my son to a comedy club today to see an improv show. He does improv at school so I think he might find this interesting.
    Then it's fireworks. Hooray
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Happy new week my middle aged friends. It's Canada day!!! We're taking my son to a comedy club today to see an improv show. He does improv at school so I think he might find this interesting.

Awesome.. sounds fun!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Awesome.. sounds fun!

I really want to BBQ for Canada day but our bbq caught fire last weekend and the new one comes tomorrow
  • handyrunner
    Options
    How did that happen!!??
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Well rusted through and got a hole. I put it on to heat up and went out and the one dial was a foot away and the front was melting. Thank goodness it didn't make it to the propane tank

Then I had to make dinner in the oven and a pouf of steam came out and burned my face

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Morning Middle-agers hope you're all making plans for a successful week.. you can do it 👍
  • JustKeepTryingNeverGiveUp
    Options
    Think I'm going to have a bowl of cereal for supper, it's too hot for anything else 🔥
  • 1Traceyhudson
    1Traceyhudson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to add a newbie !
    Need ideas on the food part it's not bad but it ain't good either !!!
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. Happy Canada Day for those of us who live in the land of maple trees and great pancake toppings!
  • momanonymous
    momanonymous Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In my 40th year... Working on consistent reasonable consistent diet. Attempting 30 days of Peleton beginning tomorrow. Thanks for your encouragment!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    What's more Canadian than fireworks on the cricket field with beer ne30nqw0cs0d.jpg
    69ntogefcam2.jpg
  • fitnesscat2014
    fitnesscat2014 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m a middle ager now 😩😩🙁🙁🙁

Lol jk anyone feel free to add me :)
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Jules221 wrote: »
    I think this is the group for me. Middle aged with lots of middle. I'm struggling with motivation, I take medicine which hampers weightloss but I have to stop focusing on that and look at getting fit for my health. I could do with a few friends to help motivate me.

I have thyroid issues along with that change because of my age. Losing weight is difficult but can be done.

I have ovarian failure which is unexplained and went into menopause at 37 for some weird reason. Can't be reversed sadly. So I take hormone therapy to keep me almost normal. Glad to hear that apparently it's possible to loose weight!. Im ok with the fact I might not loose weight. I have kind of accepted it now.. I think because it's so hard you just get to that point... just need to keep focused on my health to mitigate the side effects. It's more of health reasons why I'm here... like I don't want to end up with osteoperosis or cardio vascular disease as the risk is very high for me. So loosing weight is like a bonus.
  • KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Are there any punks or former punks amongst us? It looks like I will see the Dead Kennedies next month, if I can sort out the logistics.

Not a punk, former misfit with huge eclectic musical tastes. I'm a huge fan of DK! I was into a lot of metal, death metal and grunge mostly. Is it bad to say that im still into this 😂. Made me smile to read that someone else loves the mighty Dead Kennedies! Jello was the best! Had to "wave" to you and also say how jealous I am.
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning all.
    Are there any punks or former punks amongst us? It looks like I will see the Dead Kennedies next month, if I can sort out the logistics.

Not a punk, former misfit with huge eclectic musical tastes. I'm a huge fan of DK! I was into a lot of metal, death metal and grunge mostly. Is it bad to say that im still into this 😂. Made me smile to read that someone else loves the mighty Dead Kennedies! Jello was the best! Had to "wave" to you and also say how jealous I am.

Metal will never die!
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Hi all hope today is a good one!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    New BBQ just arrived. It will be a great day today