The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• kdroberts1
    kdroberts1 Posts: 181 Member
    Complacency has gotten the best of me lately. I need a jumpstart. I have come to this thread many times and am encouraged by it. Please feel free to add me and help me stay motivated.
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    kdroberts1 wrote: »
    Complacency has gotten the best of me lately. I need a jumpstart. I have come to this thread many times and am encouraged by it. Please feel free to add me and help me stay motivated.

You can do it. It's a two steps forward, one step back game for me, but that's okay.
  • miallbena8190
    miallbena8190 Posts: 29 Member
    We all face challenges and just need to regroup and focus again. Don’t beat yourself up too much. We are human and things slip. The main thing is dust yourself off and go at it again. Feel free to add me as a motivation buddy if you like.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    We all face challenges and just need to regroup and focus again. Don’t beat yourself up too much. We are human and things slip. The main thing is dust yourself off and go at it again. Feel free to add me as a motivation buddy if you like.

Absolutely this.. :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member

You can do it. It's a two steps forward, one step back game for me, but that's okay.

This is so much me lately. Winter blues have kicked in full force, it's so hard for me to get motivated to do ANYTHING other than curl up in a blanket with Netflix.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Well after the birthday weekend, went a little off piste and subsequently put 3lb back on I have got to get back on track. Food logging is paramount for me else I just miss the little bits and pieces that I may eat during the day. The diary is open for all to see and happy to make friends with all to help out where I can.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Well after the birthday weekend, went a little off piste and subsequently put 3lb back on I have got to get back on track. Food logging is paramount for me else I just miss the little bits and pieces that I may eat during the day. The diary is open for all to see and happy to make friends with all to help out where I can.

Happy belated birthday!🥳

I agree with you - nothing holds you more accountable than logging everything you eat. It can be quite the eye-opener sometimes 😖
    I’m trying to post everything I eat even on days I go off the rails. Now THAT can be depressing 😂😂
  • forestfreek
    cgrout78 wrote: »

This is so much me lately. Winter blues have kicked in full force, it's so hard for me to get motivated to do ANYTHING other than curl up in a blanket with Netflix.

So much THIS☝️😕

• forestfreek

I’m trying to post everything I eat even on days I go off the rails. Now THAT can be depressing 😂😂

So do I. But if I'm really honest, when I go off the rails, I don't usually close my diary as I don't really want to draw attention to it in my Newsfeed. When I have a very good healthy day I smugly showcase this by closing off the diary :p

Lol lol lol!!!!!!
    Same 😂❤️
  • mommahurt
    mommahurt Posts: 9 Member
    I just joined mfp . I am 46, need friends. How do I join?
  • forestfreek
    mommahurt wrote: »
    I just joined mfp . I am 46, need friends. How do I join?

Hi there and welcome😊
    What are you looking to join? If you’re talking about this particular group, you just did by commenting 💕💕
    Happy to have you here.
  • forestfreek
    bundoora71 wrote: »
    hi just turned 49 feel free add me

Welcome😊
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    59 here and I am looking to be in peak condition at 60!
    Doing some retirement planning for my health. My biggest struggle is the diet. I’ve lost 50 pounds. Then just before Thanksgiving I slacked off a little and gained 10 back so here I am looking to drop about 15 more pounds and then maintain. As far as exercise goes; I love to lift weights. I kind of become an addiction at this point. I am fortunate to have a small gym space in my home to do my 4:30am workouts.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to!
  • Hey everyone, It seem like the older we get the harder it is to have that energy to push ourselves...I'm only 31 , 2017-2018 I was working out but due to work I started to fade away from the gym and now I'm here ready to get back 💪
  • TeeMartin2021
    TeeMartin2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there!! Add me!!
  • NexAmore
    NexAmore Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hi all 49 here add me if you like just starting on this journey
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Hello! I am not new to MFP, but I have not been as active on MFP as I was in the past. I just turned 45. I finally got back into the habit of exercise consistently. I would love the support of more MFP friends!