The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    yw30x9acomo6.jpg
    It's slow going, lose, gain, lose, gain but I am determined I will get there in the end do I will enjoy the rollercoaster ride.
  • annliz23
    JSLuke59 wrote: »
    59 here and I am looking to be in peak condition at 60!
    Doing some retirement planning for my health. My biggest struggle is the diet. I’ve lost 50 pounds. Then just before Thanksgiving I slacked off a little and gained 10 back so here I am looking to drop about 15 more pounds and then maintain. As far as exercise goes; I love to lift weights. I kind of become an addiction at this point. I am fortunate to have a small gym space in my home to do my 4:30am workouts.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to!

Sounds like you have a plan, good luck.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    yw30x9acomo6.jpg
    It's slow going, lose, gain, lose, gain but I am determined I will get there in the end do I will enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

I needed to see this today. Thanks! ❤️
  • We all in it to win it , Rewarding to each individual for making a difference within themselves.
  • NexAmore
    NexAmore Posts: 10 Member
    well another cold day here in WA state and did 2 hours worth on bike 4 x 30 minutes much better on me and my sore *kitten* just something after 30mins and its sore and hurts but i keep pressing on this painful journey hope all is well for you and yours :-)
  • quintinathome
    quintinathome Posts: 3 Member
    Just managed to do 25k this morning in 1hr and 15min and it was -2 degrees, I lost the feeling in my toes towards the end 🥶
  • DanoEvs
    DanoEvs Posts: 5 Member
    I never knew I was middle aged 😱 😂
  • annliz23
    uimcrbgw3cpk.jpg
    The years wont stop me!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    uimcrbgw3cpk.jpg
    The years wont stop me!
    Truth! I needed to read that this morning!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    @eric13296 - welcome!
    Good luck with your goal. I have a similar one that I need to get my azz in gear for.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    eric13296 wrote: »
    Nice to meet everyone. I'm 45 and just started C25k earlier this week. My goal is to run 5 miles before my birthday in May. Here we go!

Welcome! That is a great program and you’ll get there!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    eric13296 wrote: »
    Nice to meet everyone. I'm 45 and just started C25k earlier this week. My goal is to run 5 miles before my birthday in May. Here we go!

That's a very attainable goal. The really hard part is figuring out how to dress for the cold during these next few months. Good luck!
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Fantastic going @jwilliams9082 ! Preplanning and logging really is a game changer. Like you said, just the awareness is such a big thing.

Happy Monday everyone!

Absolutely baltic here in Ireland, car was frozen solid this morning. I'm in the office with a blower heater and a fleece on and I'm still freezing!

I got myself new trainers, asics and took them on a looong walk on Saturday. I noticed they were rubbing my heels a little so when I was near a shopping centre I bought some blister plasters so I could continue on. All went well, no pain. But right now I have the largest blisters on the backs of my heels ever. They are ginormous. And strangely enough, they don't hurt, but I still haven't pulled the plasters off :D
  • annliz23
    vtwel4igk701.jpg
    New week, new goals.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Fantastic going @jwilliams9082 ! Preplanning and logging really is a game changer. Like you said, just the awareness is such a big thing.

Happy Monday everyone!

Absolutely baltic here in Ireland, car was frozen solid this morning. I'm in the office with a blower heater and a fleece on and I'm still freezing!

I got myself new trainers, asics and took them on a looong walk on Saturday. I noticed they were rubbing my heels a little so when I was near a shopping centre I bought some blister plasters so I could continue on. All went well, no pain. But right now I have the largest blisters on the backs of my heels ever. They are ginormous. And strangely enough, they don't hurt, but I still haven't pulled the plasters off :D

“Absolutely baltic here....”😂

I swear I pick up the best words and phrases from you 😂💕

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Happy monday all, sorry i've been a bit...AWOL as of late, just can't get my *kitten* together it seems. Hoping this will be a better week and I can get back on track.