Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Maypo; had it for at least 75% of my breakfasts.

with???????
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,783 Member Member Posts: 10,783 Member

with???????

I had to look it up too lol!
    0n6ek9nqyprg.png
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,092 Member Member Posts: 6,092 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

with???????

I had to look it up too lol!
    0n6ek9nqyprg.png

LOL I thought she meant MAYO
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,884 Member Member Posts: 3,884 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    My parents owned a "corner store" so I have had lots of childhood favorites. Not that I crave or eat these anymore. cmpnwplcqryl.jpg

You know, that's pretty well balanced. It has all 4 food groups. :)

iw51z3l1ijey.png
    this was mine

Oh yeah, this was a big childhood thing for us. I don't often remember really enjoying them, except for the dessert of course.
    glassyo wrote: »
    My parents owned a "corner store" so I have had lots of childhood favorites. Not that I crave or eat these anymore. cmpnwplcqryl.jpg

You know, that's pretty well balanced. It has all 4 food groups. :)

iw51z3l1ijey.png
    this was mine

Oh yeah, this was a big childhood thing for us. I don't often remember really enjoying them, except for the dessert of course.

I remember the macaroni was disgusting lol
    risub6lsxdhr.png
    this would be part of my lunch every day in middle school
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 8,060 Member Member Posts: 8,060 Member

with???????

Lol yeh, I should've shared a link. Mayo by itself for breakfast ick. :)

with???????

Lol yeh, I should've shared a link. Mayo by itself for breakfast ick. :)

haha!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,779 Member Member Posts: 1,779 Member
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,860 Member Member Posts: 6,860 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    b9eqhcmxeuvz.jpg
    flzrpiw4ow8g.jpeg

Purple huggies were my favorite!
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 6,201 Member Member Posts: 6,201 Member
    Copycat KFC dinner using the Chicago Tribune recipe for the 11 herbs and spices and the air fryer.
    sh9w08htzb3l.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,860 Member Member Posts: 6,860 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Copycat KFC dinner using the Chicago Tribune recipe for the 11 herbs and spices and the air fryer.
    sh9w08htzb3l.jpeg

That mac and cheese looks so good!
    sh9w08htzb3l.jpeg

i'll take the coleslaw!
    sh9w08htzb3l.jpeg

i'll take the coleslaw!

I bought dehydrated cheddar online and looked up the cheese to macaronni ratio on the Wikipedia entry for Kraft dinner. The coleslaw was great. I looked at a few copycat recipes online but settled on half a hispi, two small carrots, half an onion (the secret ingredient for that KFC taste) and half an apple that happened to be lying around and grated on the coarse plate of the food processor. Added a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of cider vinegar and enough ranch to coat.
    Rice krispie squares are cooling.
    sh9w08htzb3l.jpeg

i'll take the coleslaw!

I bought dehydrated cheddar online and looked up the cheese to macaronni ratio on the Wikipedia entry for Kraft dinner. The coleslaw was great. I looked at a few copycat recipes online but settled on half a hispi, two small carrots, half an onion (the secret ingredient for that KFC taste) and half an apple that happened to be lying around and grated on the coarse plate of the food processor. Added a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of cider vinegar and enough ranch to coat.

When I was a kid I would always use 1.5 packets of cheese. We always had boxes laying in the pantry with no cheese powder because of this LOL.
    l1qfnn0blfh3.png

for me it was:

d9rnlybm8h13.png
    l1qfnn0blfh3.png

for me it was:

d9rnlybm8h13.png

yes...I'm old 🤣