Replies

• shonasteele
    Options
    supersize me
    LOL! Nice!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    "Stephen King's IT" is still a bad one for me... I frigg'n hate clowns. I saw it when I was seven or eight as a result of an irresponsible baby-sitter... LoL "beep beep Richie!"

Yep. And The Shining freaked the hell out of me. I don't like scary movies, but I used to really like to read Stephen King's books...weird, huh.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Misery is a good movie and cant leave out The Shining
  • Max_452
    Options
    Texas Chainsaw Massacure & Paranormal Activity
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I rarely watch horror movies, but Anatomy (2000) was horrifying.

edit: I cried 3 minutes in 'Saw' and turned it off, so I'm clearly not a ''scary movie person.'' lol
  • starpi22
    Options
    Well it's official "Stephen King's IT" has been voted best to traumatize kids with :devil:
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The Strangers with Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. Literally, till this day, even me being 23, I covered my eyes watching 90% of the movie it was so scary- esp since it was based on a true story. I will never be able to watch it again! (Be careful with your nightmares, no lie, ha!)
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Well it's official "Stephen King's IT" has been voted best to traumatize kids with :devil:

I would have to agree but when I saw the Exorcist I was really young and I think that's why it scared me so bad.
  • nikki_1979
    Options
    I think it was called Witchboard and was from the 80's. They 'awaken' something with a Ouija board - scary bad :o(

Another thing that bothered me for years was an episode of X-Files, where some hillbillies had their mother (who had no legs) stashed on a wheely-board kind of thing under a bed. I was an adult when I saw it and I still spent years taking a flying leap to the bed after turning out the lights. :noway:

Ah, crap, thanks a lot - I'm on my way to bed... :sad:

That was one of the best X-files ever! The Toombs one where the guy slides through the vents to eat people's livers got to me. I still keep my vents pretty tightly closed!

Scariest movie I have ever seen hands down is on Netflix "The Death of a Ghost Hunter" If you can ignore the PATHETIC acting the story and the atmosphere are terrifying. I didn't sleep for literally two days then had to make myself rewatch it to try to unscare myself.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options

True, but it's doesn't only traumatize kids, it traumatizes adults. Whenever it's on TV, I still get freaked out by it lol
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options

True, but it's doesn't only traumatize kids, it traumatizes adults. Whenever it's on TV, I still get freaked out by it lol
    Have you seen the commercial for Blue Bunny Birthday Party ice cream? Starts out with a clown. Freaks me out every single time. I wish the first image was something else so that I could know to change the channel.
  • starpi22
    Options

I would have to agree but when I saw the Exorcist I was really young and I think that's why it scared me so bad.

I agree about the Exorcist, especially because it's based on something that happened to a young boy, so perhaps that paranormal stuff can happen to anyone!
  • starpi22
    Options

Have you seen the commercial for Blue Bunny Birthday Party ice cream? Starts out with a clown. Freaks me out every single time. I wish the first image was something else so that I could know to change the channel.

I know that commercial, but I don't remember the clown... Then again I do tend to black that kind of stuff out! lol
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Man I loved "It" Great movie!!
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The Changling with George C. Scott :frown:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Dark Water (Japanese version, the American one is good but way less scary)
  • starpi22
    Options
    Man I loved "It" Great movie!!

Evil clown man alert!!!
  • AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yup - the exorcist fo sho!! All time scariest movie for me! But I've watched it that mant times it doesn't scare me anymore...bummer dude! I love scary movies!
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory!!!!!!!!!!!! nightmares still!!!
  • elliecolorado
    Options
    Enemy of the State (scared the **** out of me)- scary because it is something that could happen!
    Paranormal Activity - regular scary movies don't scare me, but paranormal ones do.
    Cold Creek Manor - not 'horror' scary but it was intense