What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    kt459buottq6.jpeg

Fried chicken biscuit with pimento cheese and bacon for breakfast... I have about 500 calories left to work with for today but sometimes you gotta live a little :D

@LazyBlondeChef I love Jovial pasta; it’s pretty much my favorite gluten free dried noodle. Just about any of the rice based ones are a safe bet!
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Christmas yule log and meringue mushrooms:
    fcsf0qa1soco.jpg
    68qoyslljb0n.jpg
    kzc3m3a5swvq.jpg

Those mushrooms!!!!! (the log looks amazing too but the mushrooms are so darling!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @missperfectpitch - those must have been so much fun to make! Nice work👩‍🍳
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    @MinTheKitCat and @PAPYRUS3 - Thanks! Yes, one side benefit of working from home indefinitely is that there's a lot of free time for some complicated/lengthy baking and cooking projects these days!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Cassoulet. A ~6 hour project, worth it to make once, but this was probably something that I'd try making once and just order in restaurants.

I guess you must have made your own duck confit as well as stewing the cassoulet if was a 6 hour project. I made it only once too, but at least it was huge batch that we put 6 portions in the freezer. For anyone wanting to tackle making the duck confit, use the sous vide wand if you have one and a big ziplock bag. Less mess and doesn't require as much duck fat.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Cassoulet. A ~6 hour project, worth it to make once, but this was probably something that I'd try making once and just order in restaurants.

I guess you must have made your own duck confit as well as stewing the cassoulet if was a 6 hour project. I made it only once too, but at least it was huge batch that we put 6 portions in the freezer. For anyone wanting to tackle making the duck confit, use the sous vide wand if you have one and a big ziplock bag. Less mess and doesn't require as much duck fat.

Actually no, I just used a fresh duck leg using Serious Eats' recipe for cassoulet - https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/10/traditional-french-cassoulet-recipe.html. The total cooking time in the oven is about 5-6 hours to develop a nice crust. Mine didn't yield a huge amount, but I didn't mind as each serving ended up around 700 calories!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @senalay788 what are those tubes with your kale? The dish looks good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Lunch: leftover mashed potatoes, prosciutto and tangerines .... very simple

Dinner: Baked chicken legs and cubed butternut squash in a coating of toasted sesame oil, freshly grated ginger and lime Kaffir powder. Ugh ... chicken doesn't look very appetizing with no browning but it tasted good. Slaw mix sautéed in toasted sesame oil and added ginger. Squash was nicely caramelized.

qtr7z8low8nu.jpg

crgk202v4vuz.jpg

Wow your meals are definitely delicious, but I can't imagine eating such small portions and feeling satisfied!! I would eat both of those plates plus another for dinner, lol.