What’s a red flag for you?

Replies

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Jehovah’s Witness

If I witnessed Jehovah if probably tell everyone about it too.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Shiny fingernails
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    if she won't hold my hand during takeoff

If he won’t clap with me during landing

nope, you can't just waltz in here whenever you want. I will see you in Feb, goodbye!

You’re the worst
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

nope, you can't just waltz in here whenever you want. I will see you in Feb, goodbye!

You’re the worst

I was kidding, it’s all good. I mean it would lead me to believe that you might not be a woman of your word and have questionable integrity but it’s totally fine. Not a big deal at all tbh.
  • CacoEther

You’re the worst

I was kidding, it’s all good. I mean it would lead me to believe that you might not be a woman of your word and have questionable integrity but it’s totally fine. Not a big deal at all tbh.

That’s more like it-

Waitaminnit
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I tell my nieces to run away from any man who doesn't love and respect his mama, demonizes his exes or has school-aged children.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    what's wrong with school-aged children?
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    what's wrong with school-aged children?

I wanna know too as I have 2 school-age children and two more who will be there in the near future and does this apply to woman or only men? 🤨
  • CacoEther
    MsCzar wrote: »
    < donning flame proof suit >

IMO, a man with younger children would be a man who (excepting widower status) possesses poor mate-choosing skills at best, and/or has abandoned a woman and his young children at worst. My nieces are young - in their early 20's; so they are probably not life-experienced enough to deal with the dynamics of older children - or a man old enough to have them.

If I had nephews, I'd probably give them the same advice. If a woman doesn't love and respect her daddy, RUN!

Not saying there aren't ever exceptions. I know there always are; but that's the advice I'd give to better the odds.

< ducks for cover > :)

Leaves more great dads for the rest of us 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member

Absolutely! :)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member

IMO, a man with younger children would be a man who (excepting widower status) possesses poor mate-choosing skills at best, and/or has abandoned a woman and his young children at worst. My nieces are young - in their early 20's; so they are probably not life-experienced enough to deal with the dynamics of older children - or a man old enough to have them.

If I had nephews, I'd probably give them the same advice. If a woman doesn't love and respect her daddy, RUN!

Not saying there aren't ever exceptions. I know there always are; but that's the advice I'd give to better the odds.

True.
    They are in different stages in their lives.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member

I'd take a dad doing his best to coparent really well over other options any day.

But also... I'm hoping he doesn't want more kids or have kids younger than 10. My kids are older and I'm not looking to get half way decent at this phase (or middling because... teens) and move on to other joys/challenges, only to find myself staring that path down again. I may be experienced, but I'm going to be tired.
  • jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Is it a normal thing now for girls to tell their boyfriend they want a break or space for a while (1 month or longer) to think about things or do they really want to break up but just can't say it? My situation :/
  • vanityy99
    edited January 2021
    jruch23 wrote: »
    Is it a normal thing now for girls to tell their boyfriend they want a break or space for a while (1 month or longer) to think about things or do they really want to break up but just can't say it? My situation :/

We been saying that.

Asking for a break is the cruelest thing one can ask for from another person. Here you are weeks, months later being hopeful, and waiting, wasting your time.
  • jessienani
    jessienani Posts: 60 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »

We been saying that.

Asking for a break is the cruelest thing can one can ask for from another person. Here you are weeks, months later being hopeful, and waiting, wasting your time.

My ex recommended a break and then hooked up with another dude.. Lol I am no fan of breaks :(
  • vanityy99
    jessienani wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »

We been saying that.

Asking for a break is the cruelest thing can one can ask for from another person. Here you are weeks, months later being hopeful, and waiting, wasting your time.

My ex recommended a break and then hooked up with another dude.. Lol I am no fan of breaks :(

I’ve seen it happen so many times the person is usually interested and getting to know someone else.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member

Just want to clarify the timeline here...

She wants to get back together just before Valentine's Day?

Also, are you the same guy who went to church a few weeks ago and she avoided you the entire service?

She's not fit for you, my friend.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited January 2021

Is this the person you saw outside of a church and they ignored you Or was that something I read in a book(I'm being serious here cause I'm really not sure)? But if it is then I'd try to move forward and get on with your life. You deserve to it instead of waiting in limbo. IMO, anyone who says 'I need space' is trying to take the easy comfortable(for them) way out. Don't invest any more of your one life in this person.

ETA: Ah, ok, I see Malted Tea remembers the same post that I did so definitely let her go and go forward.