BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, Lynnie! You're intitled to some home sickness. Living in a hotel for 3 weeks can NOT be easy. :frown: :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm going home tomorrow eveing for the weekend thank goodness I might go crazy soon if not
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I have no time to read!! I am so tired, and using the computer makes my neck hurt.

I also have the trainer 2 nights a week and work has been hell!!

BUT I have a job, I am getting caught up (sorta) and I have been working out each day.

:flowerforyou: See you all on the flip side:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening everyone. No gym tonight. 8 days straight has me tired so I am taking a recovery day. That sounds like alot of coffee. Yikes! Lynne-Glad your getting to go home. I am constantly stuck in hotels. Two nights next week for example. ICK, Anyhoo. I hope all of you have a great night. Wish I had time to to read all the posts but I gotta get to bed!

Night all! :bigsmile:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Oi!, here's another one with too much work, too much tired to even be able to do a full read through ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

On the positive side ... I did Zumba tonight and had a great (but killer) time. And we did stretch for a good bit after (sorry, didn't time it!:ohwell: ) And dd Amanda's job interview went really well. She may not know anything for a while because they have to get approval to hire her since they "aren't hiring." So that is another prayer request if you think of it ... she could really use this job! I don't know how DSiL's class went tonight... will see them both tomorrow and find out, but THANK YOU to everybody who prayed & sent positive thoughts our way!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You guys you guys you guys you guys!
    I LOVE CAFFEINE!
    HI HI HI
    HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!
    BYE BYE BYE!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You guys you guys you guys you guys!
    I LOVE CAFFEINE!
    HI HI HI
    HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!
    BYE BYE BYE!

:noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Nicky- I hope your doctor is able to figure out the cause of your palpitations and help you fix them. And congrats on the weigh-in!

Bobbi- I had been playing around with the idea of the couch to 5K a while back...you've inspired me to stop thinking about it and start doing it! I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeannie- Boo on work!

Tresa- Good thoughts sent :bigsmile:

Sara- That is pretty awesome. You would make a bad-*kitten* instructor!

Andrew- Congrats on being the biggest loser this week!

Amanda- Welcome back, good to "see" you again.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

I just wanted to thank all of you for your comments yesterday. It's so nice to be able to share the good and bad of this journey with all of you because you get it. Sometimes, I get down on myself because it's taken so long (6 years) and because those last 4 are determined to hang on for dear life...but I am working on remembering where I came from 6 years ago and how much happier and healthier I am without lugging around the equivalent of a small pre-teen. Thank you for being my cheerleaders and that kick in the rear when I need it. Don't get me wrong, my family friends and BF are also amazing, but they don't always GET IT.

:heart: you all,
    Shuntae

Shuntae-I just want to send you hugs.......and tell you are a positive inspiration to me.

I weight 97 pounds when I was 21 years old! You have lost a skinny 21 year old!!!

You are are an awesome person who WILL keep all this weight off because you have done it over a long period of time with diet and exercise!!

You rock:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Marla, I would gladly switch places with you for a day! It's always nice to see life from another perspective. IF I was married I'd suggest a trading spouses scenario. HAHA.

My day in smilies! BECAUSE I AM SUPER HYPER!!!!

:yawn: 1219_tired_smiley_drinking_coffee.gif :happy: :yawn: :heart: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

OH EM GEEE!! I am cryin here!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey black team...just poppin in to say so long... leaving the site due to conflicting issues with several ppl here (ahh no not this thread..lol) but wanted you all to know I hope nothing but the very best for each of you on your journeys...:flowerforyou:

You've got quite an awesome group here Sam....good ppl ...:flowerforyou: :wink:

Love to all,
    FC:heart:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Nicky's day in smilies yesterday:

hyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gif
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Hey black team...just poppin in to say so long... leaving the site due to conflicting issues with several ppl here (ahh no not this thread..lol) but wanted you all to know I hope nothing but the very best for each of you on your journeys...:flowerforyou:

Love to all,

NOOOOO FC!!!!!
    993.gif

ON THEM! Stay please!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Nicky- I hope your doctor is able to figure out the cause of your palpitations and help you fix them. And congrats on the weigh-in!

Bobbi- I had been playing around with the idea of the couch to 5K a while back...you've inspired me to stop thinking about it and start doing it! I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeannie- Boo on work!

Tresa- Good thoughts sent :bigsmile:

Sara- That is pretty awesome. You would make a bad-*kitten* instructor!

Andrew- Congrats on being the biggest loser this week!

Amanda- Welcome back, good to "see" you again.

Hope everyone else is doing well too!

I just wanted to thank all of you for your comments yesterday. It's so nice to be able to share the good and bad of this journey with all of you because you get it. Sometimes, I get down on myself because it's taken so long (6 years) and because those last 4 are determined to hang on for dear life...but I am working on remembering where I came from 6 years ago and how much happier and healthier I am without lugging around the equivalent of a small pre-teen. Thank you for being my cheerleaders and that kick in the rear when I need it. Don't get me wrong, my family friends and BF are also amazing, but they don't always GET IT.

:heart: you all,
    Shuntae

Shuntae-I just want to send you hugs.......and tell you are a positive inspiration to me.

I weight 97 pounds when I was 21 years old! You have lost a skinny 21 year old!!!

You are are an awesome person who WILL keep all this weight off because you have done it over a long period of time with diet and exercise!!

You rock:drinker:

what a coincidence....I weighed 97 lbs at 11. :noway:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Nicky's day in smilies yesterday:

hyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gif

*ROFL* That's it exactly! I looked everywhere for a smiley like that!!!!!!
    So far today I bombed at the gym. I just didn't have any energy to lift weights or run or anything. I did manage to get 20 minutes of running in but it was HARD. Wow! No sleep + caffeine + super hyperness = No REAL energy.

Anyway! Here's to another day!

Take care ladies!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Love to all,

NOOOOO FC!!!!!
    993.gif

ON THEM! Stay please!

I agree Elizabeth.. I don't want to see you go - just stay and post with us..

ps, I do not have the cool emoticons that Lynnie gets (even on the road).

Nicky - you crack me up.. you caffeine convert.. too bad about the day after...:yawn: :yawn:

have a lovely day all..

janie
  • nickybr38
    Options
    OMG! I JUST READ BACK!
    FC IS LEAVING?
    NOOOOO
    STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!
    COME BACK.
    ARGH.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Let me get caught up on the last couple days.

Bobbi – Go you on the running! We had a nice 50 degree day yesterday here in western PA. We took a walk me pushing Harley in the stroller and Dave walking the dogs. It gives you hope that it will be spring once again.

Sam – I’m sorry work is such a pain for you.

Marla – LOL about not eating my baby. How have you been after eating so all that stuff? Were you food hung over? Your metabolism probably thought WTH are you doing to me?! :noway:

Amanda – Good job getting back to it. It’s very easy to lose your motivation, much harder to get it back. :flowerforyou:

Janie – How is it going without your coffee?

Nicky – At the doctor’s office they have a chart for kids to describe their level of pain using smiley faces from slight smile to looking miserable. That’s what I think of when I see your “day in smiles”. :laugh:

Poor Lynnie – I’m sorry you’re feeling homesick. Stop in and see your black teamers often, we’ll be your online home. :heart: P.S. Whine away.

Jeannie – Hi. Bye. :laugh:

Andrew – I GUESS you are entitled to a gym break after 8 straight days. (Slacker :laugh: )

FC – If you leave, we will miss our honorary member. Please consider ignoring the meanies and just hanging out with the nice people on MFP. :flowerforyou: :heart:

Yesterday I spent lots of time cleaning. We need the house clean before we leave for the weekend. Plus we had people over for dinner last night. I wish I'd worn my HRM because I know I was burning calories. At one point I was pushing the vaccuum with one hand and holding Harley on my hip with the other. I hate cleaning but I love the house being clean. I told Dave we should try to keep it clean. He said "Famous last words". We have trouble keeping the house from looking very lived in. :grumble:

Today I need to pack for the weekend. (We're going to Dave's friend in Baltimore tomorrow and then from there to Dave's sister's in VA for our niece's 3rd b-day party on Sunday.) I'm hoping to take my laptop because I am a MFP-addict and going almost 2 days without will make me look like

I would say "So I probably won't be on here much today" but I know that is just not true. :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Soooooo how is the stretching/cool down going?

Janie, In swimming just take another lap at a slow pace for a cool down.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Soooooo how is the stretching/cool down going?

Janie, In swimming just take another lap at a slow pace for a cool down.

Oh cool - I do that anyway..

Last night I actually had to stay in to stretch out because in the last length of my workout I cramped my right quadricept and my left hamstring at the exact same moment. Fortunately, my stroke is strong enough that I was able to get to the end of the pool dragging my (what had turned into) dead meat..

My cool down laps were with a pull buoy, because I seriously couldn't kick anymore. Then I stretched out in the pool and did a 50 yd breastroke - different kick helped and I got my legs back..

I thought I would be toast today, and am a little sore, but really feel pretty good...

I think I just overdid yesterday. I did a weight circuit at the gym for lunch then my 60 minute swimplan routine. Body went - "hold the phone!!!"

Taking today off, but planning some shred and walking tomorrow - should be 60 degrees and sunny - can't wait...

janie

ps, I love to stretch!!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone! I got a bit of a late start on today, had alot of grocery shopping to do first thing this morning...now I have a ton to go put away:grumble: I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone and I hope all are having fun stretching so far!:wink: Ok...gotta run...Take care everyone:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni