Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 138

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,002 Member
    @UTMom81 Gorgeous photos! Sounds like a fabulous hike. I’m planning to get myself to southern Indiana this coming summer for some hilly hiking. It’s not the Smokeys, but we have some gorgeous areas of hills, deep gorges, and forest. You photos make me that much more ready to go!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,266 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    So here is my stomach vacuum discussion – So I started checking my waist measurement beginning of December (likely before as well, but did not log prior to then). I was down about 18 lbs from September and had already been planking daily for 2 months. My waist was that number I have been seeing off and on for years – 30”. Not awful, but thick compared to my bust and hips – ie if a bottom fit my hips I tended to muffin top. Last week, as I got under 130 lbs, I measured again, now at over 3 ½ months planking, and again my waist still is at 30”. I’ve been blaming menopause since that number is thicker than my younger days, but I started some searches on how to impact my waist….if possible. I came across the topic of stomach vaccums. I weird sucking-in behavior. I’ve done it some and not with any focus, but I have done them and for certainly less than a week. This morning for no logical reason, I used the Myo tape again to measure my waist. First measure was 29”. I thought I was reading it wrong or was doing something wrong. Then I set it the tape to 30” and yes indeed that was now loose around my waist, so I re-did the measurement and 29” appeared again. I think I will try adding these onto my daily exercises and see what comes of it.

Anyhow, I thought I would share. Has anyone else had experience with these?

Are you using any particular site for the stomach vaccums?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,803 Member
    @UTMom81 Beautiful scenery!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,803 Member
    @SModa61 Do you remember an infomercial for Body Flex? Greer Childers did deep breathing exercises which looked ridiculous but caused you to tense and hold different muscles. I bought the TAPES and used them for several months with great results. I loaned them to my daughter and never saw them again. I’m sure that in one of the moves with her first husband (then Navy) they were tossed. I wish I had it. Maybe on YouTube.
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,035 Member
    @CamandJarvis 17 hours was the turning point for me. That was the only time my stomach growled. I really wanted to eat but had a glass of water and distracted myself for a bit. It didn’t last more than 15-20 minutes, I would say. I didn’t feel hungry after that and even when I ate at 43, I could have kept going. My DH didn’t know I was fasting but we do eat dinner together and that was when I broke my fast.

I'm trying to get into a consistent 17hr fast (hello lots of unexpected changes in my day that ruin it) and then slowly move to 18hrs and beyond. I'm hoping for OMAD eventually. Some days I can fast 18hrs easy. Other days I struggle with hunger horribly. Talking the hunger lasts 10-20 minutes and fades but about 10 minutes later I'm back to fighting it. Especially difficult when I'm in the middle of a work meeting and I'm battling my body that JUST. WANTS. FOOD. NOW.
    Then there are the days I'm weak. Shaky, lightheaded, dizzy, etc. Those days I give in and eat and usually feel better. Sometimes that's at 12 hours fasting, sometimes closer to 16-17 hours. The other day (13hr fast), I stood up from the couch and actually collapse because I got so lightheaded I almost passed out. Went straight to the kitchen, grabbed food, and I was fine after a short bit.

Hoping now that holidays are over, 17hr fasts will be more common and I can adjust to those and move on to a longer one without issue. 17 is my sweet spot to see the most benefits (particularly bloating) so I'm hoping to get back to that regularly in the next week.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,854 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SModa61 Do you remember an infomercial for Body Flex? Greer Childers did deep breathing exercises which looked ridiculous but caused you to tense and hold different muscles. I bought the TAPES and used them for several months with great results. I loaned them to my daughter and never saw them again. I’m sure that in one of the moves with her first husband (then Navy) they were tossed. I wish I had it. Maybe on YouTube.

@quiltingjane I do not remember that infomercial, and I don't recognize the name Greer Childers. But I will certainly search on that info. Thank you

@musicsax I don't remember how I came across the topic, but I have watched a few youtube. No particular ones.