Ezekiel Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Shop-Rite has some store-brand dupes for Ezekiel bread in the freezer section that are a couple of dollars cheaper ($4.79 a loaf vs. $6.50-ish for Ezekiel bread -- and yes, food is expensive in my area LOL). That's what I use. I eat it because it has a low glycemic index.

I thought this type of sprouted bread was a little weird at first, but I quickly got used to it and now I actually prefer it taste and texture-wise over "regular" bread. I like that it's really dense and not too sweet. The most annoying thing about it is that the slices sometimes stick together in the freezer, and I don't like having to put it in the fridge to thaw out because then you have to eat it within 7 days since it has no preservatives.

I've never tried Dave's Killer Bread but I'm not sure it's accurate to say it's comparable to Ezekiel-type bread, since it's not made the same way. It also has a lot of added sugar (up to 5g per slice), which is why I've never tried it.

I pry a week's or so worth of slices off with a knife and defrost in the frig.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff and eat a piece daily. I love how it has sprouted grains and no sugar! I have a piece of it daily with almond butter and it keeps me full and does not spike my blood sugar.