The dumb(est) reasons someone disliked you

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    No one dislikes me. I am a *kitten* delight!
    (Dislikes coming in 3...2...)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    One time somebody said I talk too much. Which is insane. And I don’t even know why somebody would think that. Ever. I mean, really.
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    One time somebody said I talk too much. Which is insane. And I don’t even know why somebody would think that. Ever. I mean, really.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaatt I find that hard to believe ;)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    No one dislikes me. I am a *kitten* delight!
    (Dislikes coming in 3...2...)

I see no disagrees yet. Must be wrong!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Because I...existed, I guess? Had the audacity to have a boyfriend while fat?

Junior year of college, roommate had a friend from high school come visit. OK, that's fine. I'm in the room because, uh, I also live there, and I'm trying to make polite conversation and she just finds a way to shut down every comment I make. We're talking about pets, I mention my dad has parrots, she says "I hate birds." That kind of thing. I did a semester abroad and while I was away she attempted to steal my then-boyfriend (now husband, so, you can guess how that worked out for her), started a bunch of nasty rumors about who and what I did while abroad, and got me kicked out of roommate's wedding party. I literally don't know what I said or did wrong to make her hate me so much.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Junior year of college, roommate had a friend from high school come visit. OK, that's fine. I'm in the room because, uh, I also live there, and I'm trying to make polite conversation and she just finds a way to shut down every comment I make. We're talking about pets, I mention my dad has parrots, she says "I hate birds." That kind of thing. I did a semester abroad and while I was away she attempted to steal my then-boyfriend (now husband, so, you can guess how that worked out for her), started a bunch of nasty rumors about who and what I did while abroad, and got me kicked out of roommate's wedding party. I literally don't know what I said or did wrong to make her hate me so much.

Wow. That's totally random nasty
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

Wow...thank the stars that wasn't your actual friend. If she did that to you and you weren't even her friend what kind of crap does she do behind her friends back...can't wrap my mind at how someone can be so conniving.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Because I am ambitious. I kid you not. They didn't like that I had goals. I am editing to elaborate on this - they were ex in-laws and they absolutely hated that I wanted a career simply because I am a woman.

Another because I didn't text back fast enough. Unless we are in love or you are bringing me food please wait 3-5 business days geez ✋

• CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Someone in high school decided to hate me and tried to bully me...because I was a big guy. A lot bigger than him. I ignored it for as long as I could, but it finally got to me. So I threw him across the room and told him to go pick on someone his own size. That was the end.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    because I kissed him first
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    CaramonM wrote: »
    Someone in high school decided to hate me and tried to bully me...because I was a big guy. A lot bigger than him. I ignored it for as long as I could, but it finally got to me. So I threw him across the room and told him to go pick on someone his own size. That was the end.

Big guys are often targets because if you beat them, you look cool, but if you lose, you can just claim they were picking on you and people will believe it because the big guy is always the bully who needs a comeuppance. And if it's a woman, people will think it's funny and cute to watch her scream at and/or hit the big guy.
  • CaramonM
    CaramonM Posts: 263 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    CaramonM wrote: »

Big guys are often targets because if you beat them, you look cool, but if you lose, you can just claim they were picking on you and people will believe it because the big guy is always the bully who needs a comeuppance. And if it's a woman, people will think it's funny and cute to watch her scream at and/or hit the big guy.

I don't know how he decided I would be a good person to bully. I mean, like why pick someone big...I was known for being very nice, and had had no interactions with this guy except back when we were much younger kids. And none of it was negative. I guess he thought I would just take it forever...I understand in retrospect that he was going through a tough time at home, and that probably lead to his behavior. But everyone has a breaking point and can't be bullied forever, especially if they can exercise an option not to be bullied.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The one difference is that as a woman, if you talk about your size, people take you seriously. If you're a guy who hates being big/tall, you're laughed at and seen as crazy or stupid. Even my family think it's ridiculous for me to resent the rude comments I get from people about my size, about how I look like a football player and whatnot.

Most of the women I've dated (okay, "never dated" was an exaggeration, but I've never had a LTR by choice) were bigger and I hated that they noticed/liked my size. Hearing "Wow, finally I get to be the small one!" hurt. I still remember carrying my 6'1", 200 (?) lb girlfriend into my place and she said she always wanted someone to be able to do that and was glad I was BIG enough to do it, which made me feel bad even though I wisely kept my mouth shut. I hate the idea that someone would see me and think "he's my type" because of my size.