Fall is ON ITS WAY!! Lets share delish PUMPKIN treats!:D

Options

Replies

• stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    mmmm i'm going to try a pumpkin pie oatmeal mmmmm. just pureed pumpkin with pie spices and whole oat oatmeal and brown sugar..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • awyler
    Options
    YUMMIE!!!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump!!!!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever...I love pumpkin anything!!! Sweet or savory! Doesn't matter.
  • carneyk
    Options
    BUMP These all sound awesome! Just in time to do some pumpkin cooking this weekend! Yummmm!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes. I can't wait to try some out! I have several cans of pumpkin in the pantry already...our walmart stockes them all year round. : ) Plan on whipping one fo these recipes up over the weekend.

SO jealous! They STILL don't have it at my grocery store : ( I can feel fall in the air, but I can't make any of these delicious recipes!
  • rachelw16
    Options
    Bump! These are all making me sooo hungryyyy!
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump sounds scrumptious!
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump Yummo
  • Bachoy1973
    Options
    What great recipes! I can't wait to try them. I have tried these 2 recipes (pumpkin spice no bake cheesecake and pumpkin flan)
    and thought they were both yummy.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/pumpkin-spice-no-bake-cheesecake.html
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Pumpkin-Flan-Epicurious
  • kristenk0826
    Options
    Spiced cider:

apple cider
    Captian Morgan
    Orange ( or two )
    Cinamon sitx or ground cinnamon

Cooke cider over stove slowly
    Pour in a gang of Captian
    Add orange slice & cinnamon
    Heat slowly

Drink and warn yourself up till you have a nice little buzz :) I would also wear fuzzy socks and leggings while drinking this.

I'm loving the measurement "A gang of captain" lol. Sounds like my kinda recipe <3
  • wanderingwest
    Options
    Who knew there were so many pumpkin fans out there. Glad I am not alone and thanks for all the great ideas!
  • GreenPharmD
    GreenPharmD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My favorite pumpkin recipe, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, is definitely not friendly to my new healthy way of eating, unless I make a batch and give away 99% of it. :)

I LOVE Green Mountain's Pumpkin Spice Coffee, I'm anxiously awaiting it's re-release this month. Also love pumpkin bread and pumpkin pancakes/waffles. I just need to find a way to make them healthier than I used to make them.

MMMM..... That pumpkin spice coffee is the best!!!

Couldn't agree more!! YUM!!! Drinking some right now!
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser's Frosty Pumpkin Smoothie
    Ingredients:

1/2 cup pumpkin puree, fresh or canned
    1/2 cup fat free Greek-style yogurt
    1/2 cup fat free milk
    2 tablespoons agave nectar
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1?8 teaspoon ground ginger
    1?8 teaspoon ground cloves
    5 ice cubes
    Garnish: nutmeg

Instructions:
    Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into
    chilled glass and garnish with dollop of yogurt and sprinkle of
    nutmeg. (Makes 2 servings)

Per serving: 130 calories, 0 g fat, 45 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 22 g sugar
  • richellecc
    Options
    I have a pumpkin bread recipe of my mother's I have tweaked. I'll share if you guys want. Just let me know. Right now I'm eating lunch. But thanks for this great post. I love pumpkin. Maybe I'll start a yam post.

I'd love the recipe for the pumpkin bread; and YES! Please start a yam post; I love them and always love more recipes!! I've got a few I can share too...
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Fall is my favorite. I cannot wait for it to come! Thank you for all the yummy sounding recepies. :)
    I'm really wanting a pumpkin spice latte!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I am making the Skinnytaste pumpkin butter right now...and it is amazing!!! I recommend it to you all, Even a non-cook like myself is doing good making it!!
  • karebear111
    karebear111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have had this before and it is lovely- the risotto goes all yellow and creamy mmmmm You don't have to serve it in the pumpkin shells but I imagine it would look pretty cool!

Pumpkin and Ginger Risotto (v)
    A warm and comforting dish. Try to find fresh ginger as it has a sweeter flavour than dried. Wrapped in foil, it will keep for many weeks in the refrigerator.

* Serves 4
    * 1 serving 293kcal/7g Fat
    * Preparation Time 10 minutes
    * Cooking Time 25 minutes

Ingredients:

* 4 baby pumpkins or 1 large pumpkin, cut into quarters
    * 8 baby leeks, finely chopped
    * 2 garlic cloves, crushed
    * 1 x 2.5cm (1in) piece ginger, finely chopped
    * 225g (8oz) Arborio risotto rice
    * 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
    * 1/2 glass white wine
    * 2 tbsps Normandy low-fat fromage frais
    * 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
    * salt and freshly ground black pepper
    * a few Parmesan cheese shavings

Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
    2. Using a sharp knife, slice the tops off the pumpkins, scoop out the seeds and discard.
    3. Using a small vegetable knife, cut away some of the flesh from around the inside edge, chop and set aside.
    4. Season the pumpkin shells and place in a roasting tin with the tops. Roast for 20–25 minutes until just soft.
    5. Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan, dry-fry the leeks, garlic and ginger until soft. Add the rice and gradually stir in the stock and wine, allowing the rice to absorb it before adding more (this will take between 15 and 20 minutes).
    6. Once all the liquid has been added, stir in the pumpkin flesh, cover and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais and chives.
    7. Check the seasoning. Serve the risotto in the pumpkin shells and sprinkle with a few Parmesan cheese shavings.
  • meganrae_42
    meganrae_42 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mmmmm.... pumpkin!!!
    BUMP!!!!!!!! :)