P90X starting Monday Aug 15

Options

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was actually quite surprised by how many I could do, I think I did 25 the first time, when I usually do 15 to 20 in the pushups, though alternating the sides helped.
    I also found that these require different muscle, and you do not slow down, one is ok and then the next one you cannot even move your chest up
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Last night was Kenpo and guess who was finally able during the warmup to straighten the leg and grab the toe?!? ME! I could even hold on to the toe as I lowered my leg to the side. Big accomplishment for this very inflexible girl! I love Tony Horton. :)
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Last night was Kenpo and guess who was finally able during the warmup to straighten the leg and grab the toe?!? ME! I could even hold on to the toe as I lowered my leg to the side. Big accomplishment for this very inflexible girl! I love Tony Horton. :)

Seriously good work Lisa. So glad your seeing progress.

Keep on enjoying...:smile:
  • lisa451999
    Options
    Thanks Bayles! I hope everyone is enjoying P90X as much as I am.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    I do!
    Second round of Core finished this week, Yoga tomorrow, not sure if I will do MC2 or regular, they are both amazing IMO.

and then week 4 will be over :)
  • bayles1
    Options
    Day 1 of the second recovery stage ,week 8 commenced for me today.

Yoga X completed. Will look to fit in a hike later in the day.
  • Alderaic
    Options
    recovery over, today is rest day, I will likely do one of the short yoga sessions I found on the web, then go for a walk/bicycle with my daughters, or something like that, tomorrow is the start of Phase 2 :)
  • bayles1
    Options
    Kenpo X completed today,plus a good session in the gym this morning.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Caught up today by rowing 6859 meters, Legs and Back X, Kenpo X, and Ab Ripper X...
  • Alderaic
    Options
    I'm amazed to see that you are still alive after all that! enjoy a generous meal to fuel all the muscles you broke today ! :D
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For all of your achievements from being able to hold your toes, increasing maxes, feeling amazing after a workout to just pressing play, Congratulations! I had more than one today but the one i am most shocked at is holding the crane for 10 seconds! All this time during the yoga sessions I haven't been able to get into position to hold it!
    'm proud of myself and I'm proud of us all!

Ps what are you using to clean your matts?
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    For all of your achievements from being able to hold your toes, increasing maxes, feeling amazing after a workout to just pressing play, Congratulations! I had more than one today but the one i am most shocked at is holding the crane for 10 seconds! All this time during the yoga sessions I haven't been able to get into position to hold it!

• kiki_ac
    Options

• kiki_ac
    Options

• Alderaic
    Options
    soap water on sponge, else the water gets inside the mat and it takes two days to dry.
    But honestly I am quite disgusted by my mat, and I think I'm going to use them as consumable, i.e. wash it once a week and throw after three months.

Cardio X done, think about doing some more yoga today, not sure which one, I may do something quite small today... I'll see what I can find
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    Hi all. Seems like you’re all doing brilliantly – awesome work everyone!

Holiday and birthday celebrations over, I’m now back on track. Chest, shoulders, triceps done, threw a short session of cardio in also.
  • bayles1
    Options

Fantastic achievement,with the crane there. You have every right to be proud.... :smile:

Core Synergisitics completed for today. Going to rest up today and go for a good hike tomorrow along with the X Stretch.
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Options
    Was going to take a rest day but decided to do some rowing -6939 meters
  • DeterminedToBeHealthy
    Options
    rowerc2 – awesome rowing!

kiki_ac – how to clean mats? anti-bac wash (diluted with water) wipe with kitchen towel. Don't use loads of water.

And well done on the crane!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I started on September 5 - a bit late, but I'd like to lurk if I may :)