Not Hungry

Options

Replies

• HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you are 6'3 you are always going to attract women that want to feel small next to a big guy. I know because I'm a tall woman 5'11.

I hate it, even more so because everyone expects me to LIKE being seen this way. "Oh, you're being ridiculous, every guy wishes he were bigger." I feel so angry that other people here can lose a lot of weight and look different AND shut down the rude remarks they might get from people....but I'm going to get them forever and be expected to take them with a smile on my face. In the past, I even considered listing my height as six feet even on dating sites so I didn't attract women who wanted some big oaf.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    WTH is wrong with a guy who's 6'3", and bald????

I think it's ugly. Football players are big and bald. Professional wrestlers. Bikers. That's not who I am. It makes me feel horrible even if someone does find me attractive because it always confirms the things I hate about me..."yes, you are this big guy and everyone sees it and you can't get rid of it. And you'll be expected to remain silent at best about the remarks you receive, if not to smile and act like you enjoy being seen this way."

• HerNameIsMischief
    Options
    I'd like to suggest therapy.

My husband met me at my lowest weight.

He loves me 50 pounds heavier.

Yeah, and maybe if you had met him at your higher weight, he wouldn't have been attracted to you enough to want to get to know you/date you. Looks usually come first, especially now that most dating is done through websites or apps that allow people to "shop" through photos before reading profiles. And I don't blame people for it. Unless you get to know someone first (say through work or a club or something), looks are how people determine who they want to give a chance to, dating wise, myself included.

Dating while I look my worst is not a good idea. I'm going to attract far fewer women and often more desperate ones who'd prefer a slimmer guy but can't afford to be picky. And my negative views about my appearance will most likely ruin the relationship because I'm going to be unhappy if she makes remarks about my size and it's unfair to her to say "You're not allowed to find me physically attractive, or you have to at least be quiet about it."

Looks are not everything, but they are often the gateway to getting to know someone better and then deciding if they have more than just outer looks.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    One of my son's is your height. I'm 5'11 and when he comes up and gives me a bear hug, I just feel small and so good.

While I know it was meant as a compliment, when someone says something like that to me, it makes me feel awful.

And THIS is exactly your problem--you should feel wonderful, powerful, masculine,....... The question is --why not? You need to figure it out. Do you hug your Mom, or your Dad? Do you ever think they're waiting for the day? Maybe they don't say a word...just wait...for you. Think about it.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    Options
    And THIS is exactly your problem--you should feel wonderful, powerful, masculine,....... The question is --why not? You need to figure it out.

I want to be seen as average; I don't like people pointing out how "huge" I am. A lot of people here don't want to be seen as big and so they lose weight in part to try and kill those rude comments. (I'm reminded of an old gym ad showing a woman working out and the ad copy was "This is for my aunt who said I was 'just big boned.'") When they say they love feeling small next to me, I think they think they look better when standing next to me and since I'm just a big dumb guy, I'm supposed to be satisfied with that because guys aren't supposed to care how they look, at least not if (any) woman says they look good the way they are.

I know a lot of this is impossible and I'm struggling to reconcile the fact that I'm stuck this way no matter how hard I'm willing to work, and that even if I kill myself exercising and dieting, the rude remarks will likely still come. I'm hoping that maybe some meds will help lessen some of the anger. I'll never get to the point where I take pride in being a big guy, but I think I can get to the point where I'm not, at least in my darker moods, calling myself ugly and that nobody but the most desperate woman would want me. Neither one of those things is true. And while losing weight obviously is not going to change my height or build, perhaps when I lose enough, I can at least avoid some of the football player/bouncer remarks which are probably based on my weight at least as much as my height.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Idk why you think everyone is turned off from tall guys. I would find a 6'3 man very attractive. Love tall guys.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    Options
    Idk why you think everyone is turned off from tall guys. I would find a 6'3 man very attractive. Love tall guys.

I don't think they're turned off. Maybe if I was 6'5" or above, women would say that's just too much. But just because they like it doesn't mean I do, and I don't like the image that comes with it, esp. when combined with being bald.