What's on your mind?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited January 2021
    On a side note... The first time I saved it, the filter changed *kitten* to *kitten*. But then after I edited it, it changed back to *kitten*.

Hmmmm *kitten*.

Eta... Bummer... It changes back to kitten when I refresh.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Well, everyone must be with their SOs,
    quite in here tonight.
    Reminds me of what I don’t have.
    Who needs that?
    Not me.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited January 2021
    ^^
    I'll share with you ;)

b7lbho00ifzt.jpg
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    5/7ths is a dumb fraction

This feels exceedingly personal, and it's not like I have redeeming features to make up for a janky username. :'(
  • Tigg_er
    edited January 2021
    @honeybee__12 And don't forget the

tulek5uh12hb.jpg
  • Tigg_er
    5ofseven wrote: »

This feels exceedingly personal, and it's not like I have redeeming features to make up for a janky username. :'(

LOl well its more then 1/2
  • 5ofseven
    Tigg_er wrote: »

LOl well its more then 1/2

MFP probably just rounds up to 7.5
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

tulek5uh12hb.jpg

Vodka, red vines and purdy guitar music,
    sounds so nice. ;)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited January 2021
    😀
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    I told my fat cousin the other day that the two of us should start an online movement to take down the bodybuilding competitions for failing to promote a diverse range of body types. I told her with mock outrage that if we entered a BB contest, we'd get laughed at and told we're Just Not Good Enough. Then I told her that the competition should be judged on who has the most body positivity and self-love.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member

I prefer black licorice.

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    today is Johnny Rotten's birthday

try to show some disrespect
    He’s a stand up guy
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

...I’m sorry

still a dumb fraction
  • 5ofseven

...I’m sorry

still a dumb fraction

I know you are but what am I

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

...I’m sorry

still a dumb fraction

I know you are but what am I

THERE’S NO GOOD RESPONSE TO THIS
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    These girls on YouTube make thrifting look like so much fun, I’d like to try it out one day but would I be taking things away from people who legitimately can’t afford to shop anywhere else🤔

https://youtu.be/3g2f6Qae_r0
    https://youtu.be/DjGC4PGlQtA

I follow that second girl, she has theee best personality. So cute

I’ve heard that thrift stores throw away tons (literally, the weight) of donated clothes weekly. They get waaay more than they can even sell. There’s definitely enough to go around 😁

Unfortunately much of what they receive has to go to the trash. We have a thrift store that survives entirely on donations and gives back in a huge way to the community; they posted pictures of some clothes that were received and it was very sad. Just a way for some people to throw stuff away without paying.

Then there are thrift stores that will take your stuff on consignment, add their profit so it does cost more but the quality is higher.

Back when yard sales happened more, that was one of the best places to go treasure hunting. :)

It's a lot of fun and always interesting to see what you can find, whether it's clothes or not.

This.

Some people use donation drop off as a means to just throw away things they don't want to wear, but aren't fit for others to wear, either.

Pretty much, if you donate broken objects or torn clothes, it goes in the trash and the poor employees at those places have to sift through your garbage that you were too lazy to just properly throw out.

However, sometimes people donate some really nice things simply because they are moving or it doesn't fit in their life anymore, and those things can and should be donated instead of thrown out, and I appreciate seeing that, especially since I live in a community that is known for buying and throwing out things when they move (I can't tell you how many amazing objects military members throw out when they move).

Myself, I both donate items and thrift them. I donate clothes that are in very wearable condition, but that I got too erm.. fat to fit into, or that don't fit my fashion aesthetic anymore. Or gently used toys, books and media the people in our home don't utilize anymore. I try to make sure the items I send are items I would want to see on thrift store shelves, if that makes sense.

It's really great when I go thrifting and see one of my items on a clothing rack or awaiting someone to take it home off the shelf.

Also, my espresso maker, some of my decor and our electric meat carver came from a thrift store. They all still work, despite buying them maybe a decade ago when we made substantially less as a couple? We've also found some really nice carving knives and kitchen utensils that we still utilize.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Imo QT has the best hot chocolate. I know, I know, a gas station? Yes. The mighty mocha 👌👌👌👌👌
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    if women sent unsolicited tit pics, would that help men realize how unwelcomed unsolicited d pics were?

Thoughts?

I mean, maybe it might be different if it were unsolicited "v" pics...

"Who keeps sending me Alien v Predator screen grabs?"