The Many Faces (selfie thread)

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    @twitchandshout @Kashmir_314_ @CacoEther @lisamestiza2021

Some of the best Internet stranger friends I gots - I come here for the lulz you you ladies never let me down - stay golden ladies stay golden

I'm sorry for all the pain you've gone through. :( All you and anyone can do is keep getting up each morning, make it the best that you can, then do the same thing each tomorrow. Having kids helps keep you moving each step forward.
    Take care @cowsfan12. You're a special part of MFP. <3
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    What a fantastic thread! Around a month ago, I was suffering a lot of raw emotion and high anxiety levels as I had decided to stop drinking alcohol, I had a lot of raw emotion to deal with and nothing could have prepared me for it. Crippling anxiety, suicidal thoughts & feeling hopeless & helpless. I took this picture on Snapchat at the time, to basically take my mind off things & it really stuck out to me how 'happy' I appeared. So, not everyone who is suffering appears that way. So I always try to just be kind to everyone regardless of who they are / look like. You don't know what someone else is going through. Be kind. It's free. Anyone out there dealing with anxiety, depression or whatever it may be, you are not alone & things can / do get better & improve. (FWIW giving up the alcohol was hard at the beginning but really has helped me tremendously with my mental health 💖)
    68nyeuckrhj7.jpg

giving up the bottle is a great choice. i did for a year, *years ago i should add* and it changed me profoundly.you took a big step for the better. there used to be threads here for support for non drinkers - not sure if there still is.

i see peace and serenity in this pic. stay on the path Lady <3

Thank you 💜

I'm 100 days alcohol free today 😊 I don't think I told my story very well, but it's not usually something I would share so even taking part on the thread, and saying what I said was a massive deal for me.

And yes, there are several alcohol threads. I'm on Sober Squad on challenges.....and there is Less Alcohol on support & motivation 👍

So proud of you for taking that step ❤
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    f3n67bc2lyr1.png

When I was little it was called being "shy." I have always been "shy" or filled with anxiety in social situations. When I was 13, I was sexually assaulted, and my shyness/anxiety worsened, coupled with depression. This top photo is me in my teens, trying to be happy, filled with self-hate, shame, sadness, so crippled by social anxiety I could barely talk to anyone unless drunk. Nearly flunking out of high school while scoring off the charts on standardized tests. I've always loved swimming. When I was 21 I moved to Hawaii thinking I could never be depressed if I was swimming in the ocean every day. Whoops. Wrong.

o5uk4de7w3ae.jpg

This is me in 2012 on a trip to Istanbul. This was a particularly low point in terms of depression. There are waves: some periods are marked by working really hard to be happy and feeling good about myself; others are dark, deep, and seemingly inescapable. This photo was around the start of a six-year depression that still creeps back in. I came out of it a couple of years ago, but I'm slipping back in -- gaining weight, wanting to do nothing more than lie in bed all day, feeling overwhelmed by anxiety. Today is a particularly bad day. I am so anxious about so many things it's like a ball of confusion in my brain. I am filled with self-disgust. I am a loser: fat, old, stupid, boring, worthless, unaccomplished.

Every interaction with another person is interpreted as a negative judgment of me. My boyfriend is snowboarding with a friend today. I can't wait until he leaves so I can lie in bed for several hours watching TV or take a sleeping pill in the middle of the day.

Now I'm going to exercise, take a shower, and walk my dogs. Maybe I'll be productive. Maybe not. Work is slow right now and I've already done the minimum for today. I hate myself.

(Some of you might remember me as "I choose Lee McRoy" or "aChuisle_moChroi" )

these are the words I sometimes hear too 💔
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    f3n67bc2lyr1.png

When I was little it was called being "shy." I have always been "shy" or filled with anxiety in social situations. When I was 13, I was sexually assaulted, and my shyness/anxiety worsened, coupled with depression. This top photo is me in my teens, trying to be happy, filled with self-hate, shame, sadness, so crippled by social anxiety I could barely talk to anyone unless drunk. Nearly flunking out of high school while scoring off the charts on standardized tests. I've always loved swimming. When I was 21 I moved to Hawaii thinking I could never be depressed if I was swimming in the ocean every day. Whoops. Wrong.

o5uk4de7w3ae.jpg

This is me in 2012 on a trip to Istanbul. This was a particularly low point in terms of depression. There are waves: some periods are marked by working really hard to be happy and feeling good about myself; others are dark, deep, and seemingly inescapable. This photo was around the start of a six-year depression that still creeps back in. I came out of it a couple of years ago, but I'm slipping back in -- gaining weight, wanting to do nothing more than lie in bed all day, feeling overwhelmed by anxiety. Today is a particularly bad day. I am so anxious about so many things it's like a ball of confusion in my brain. I am filled with self-disgust. I am a loser: fat, old, stupid, boring, worthless, unaccomplished.

Every interaction with another person is interpreted as a negative judgment of me. My boyfriend is snowboarding with a friend today. I can't wait until he leaves so I can lie in bed for several hours watching TV or take a sleeping pill in the middle of the day.

Now I'm going to exercise, take a shower, and walk my dogs. Maybe I'll be productive. Maybe not. Work is slow right now and I've already done the minimum for today. I hate myself.

Big hugs 🤗❤
  • JDiMascola
    JDiMascola Posts: 48 Member
    f3n67bc2lyr1.png

o5uk4de7w3ae.jpg

Sending you love and hugs! I deal with that ball of confusion sometimes too. Even just writing this comment!

You are definitely not worthless! You are beautiful!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    JDiMascola wrote: »
    f3n67bc2lyr1.png

o5uk4de7w3ae.jpg

Sending you love and hugs! I deal with that ball of confusion sometimes too. Even just writing this comment!

You are definitely not worthless! You are beautiful!!

<3
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I'm glad I actually came into chit chat today to find this thread. Searching for a pic to post proved to be exhausting and fruitless, as I can't stand to see any pics of myself right now. I used to be heavily active on here 3-6 years ago starting shortly after my divorce and I used this place to help heal me and boost my broken self esteem. Some of yall remember my sarcastic, joking, flirty, posts and selfies (Banana selfie, anyone?? :D ). Some may not know/give AF who I am. I've pretty much disappeared because I've sunken into an old home of mine, a home of crippling depression and anxiety. I've tried and tried to "snap out of it". I'm at a point now of utter numbness. Just don't have feelings or energy to care about anything really other than going to work my 2 jobs, and try not to be a crap single mom. I'm the fattest I've ever been, dealing with health issues along with other every day life obstacles. Part of me is lonely for a mate, but I honestly don't feel I have anything leftover to offer anyone else. I'm stuck. Like in quick sand. I used to put on the happy face, and now I don't even have the energy for that.
    I love yall. Even if I haven't been here in forever. I'm proud of all who have shared. We aren't alone, even when we desperately feel like it. Much love. <3
    Here's a pic of my girl Barbara, because she can actually make me effortlessly happy.

cdbotc3wuge4.jpg

I started coming round shortly before you stopped coming around as much - be live you was avocado_a5s back then cause avocado the good kinda fat amirite?? Fwiw I always enjoyed your wit and sarcasm - keep plugging away my friend - chit will get better - and you know if you ain’t got to use that AK gotta say it was a good day 🤷‍♂️
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I'm glad I actually came into chit chat today to find this thread. Searching for a pic to post proved to be exhausting and fruitless, as I can't stand to see any pics of myself right now. I used to be heavily active on here 3-6 years ago starting shortly after my divorce and I used this place to help heal me and boost my broken self esteem. Some of yall remember my sarcastic, joking, flirty, posts and selfies (Banana selfie, anyone?? :D ). Some may not know/give AF who I am. I've pretty much disappeared because I've sunken into an old home of mine, a home of crippling depression and anxiety. I've tried and tried to "snap out of it". I'm at a point now of utter numbness. Just don't have feelings or energy to care about anything really other than going to work my 2 jobs, and try not to be a crap single mom. I'm the fattest I've ever been, dealing with health issues along with other every day life obstacles. Part of me is lonely for a mate, but I honestly don't feel I have anything leftover to offer anyone else. I'm stuck. Like in quick sand. I used to put on the happy face, and now I don't even have the energy for that.
    I love yall. Even if I haven't been here in forever. I'm proud of all who have shared. We aren't alone, even when we desperately feel like it. Much love. <3
    Here's a pic of my girl Barbara, because she can actually make me effortlessly happy.

cdbotc3wuge4.jpg

I remember you and glad to see you back! I haven’t left the app but have left the forums until just recently, so I can relate. You are beautiful and just being here is one step closer to getting back some control and pull yourself out of the quicksand.... ❤️🙏🏻 Sending thoughts and prayers