40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    I forgot to post yesterday’s workout.
    It was snow. Lots of it. Driveway/lot, stairs (more on those in a sec), and a front and back deck.
    So...my stairs iced up pretty good and I took the “express” way down this morning at about 2:30 am when I took a break from my game (still playing AC: Valhalla...like 160+ hours in). Don’t think I did any damage...just got that “what the HELL was that?” look from my dog. Didn’t even cuss. Cussed like Hell at that second Fenrir fight just before bouncing down the stairs...but not at the fall. Go figure.
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids,

The snow was pretty to look at. I'm over it now.

Leg day and varied squats.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 35/365
    Body: 15/120
    Heart: 1/12
    Mind: 5% complete

Broad back workout completed yesterday.

• gam3rguy
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • Whtzmyname
    Whtzmyname Posts: 1 Member
    42 and dieting since 4 Jan 2021. I have lost 6kg so far. I am hoping to lose 22kg more. I recently enrolled in University to do my masters degree so will be taking that on this year as well. I want to make this year count. 2020 was such a waste of a year for me .
  • jogo2200
    jogo2200 Posts: 20 Member
    41 and needing to sort myself out... Hoping this will give me that start tracking and spur me on. Think I'm on day 3 now. 100kg, at 5ft 10.. Is not great. Determined to get that down to around the 90 mark.... Problem I have is I work away, which I am for the next 6 weeks, meaning mainly hotel food, luckily there is a supermarket next door, and a gym in hotel. Out at work 12hrs from leaving to getting back in. That said no excuses. Surely I can make a decent dent in my weight in 6 weeks? To kick start everything.
  • gam3rguy
    Yesterday was snow shoveling...again and Pokémon community day hunt...in the snow!
    Today was Chest and Tris!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,898 Member
    3333 days I have been posting on mfp!

wjk3qb0p1v2w.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    LEGS! DONE!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,697 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 40/365
    Body: 16/120
    Heart: 1/12
    Mind: 5% complete

Deadlift workout completed.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm finally back in the gym! Trying to get my lifts back up...
    kkklk57bh0h7.jpg
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    New 40 year-old here! I lost 130lb back in 2017. It took me about a year. At my lowest weight I was 149. I settled in around 155-160, but since the pandemic hit my weight has crept up to 185 (ouch!) I'm finding it much harder to lose weight this time around. I go walking at least a mile every day. I got some workout bands for Christmas that I'm embarrassed to say haven't even been taken out of the packaging. I really need to get motivated.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    @JaxxieKat
    You've had a tremendous amount of success in the past, so you KNOW how to do this. I'd encourage you to think about how all of that success made you feel and try to incorporate that knowledge into some goals to help get you headed back in that direction.

Like you, I've lost a lot of weight in the past but have never been able to maintain that progress. For now, I am trying to maintain a consistent routine in making permanent changes that are sustainable.

Rather than looking at a large number of what I want to lose or setting a target weight that seems impossible, I focus on one pound at a time. It's a lot easier to regain focus when my goals are small, all while knowing that these small goals will lead to big things.

Best of luck in getting back in your groove!
  • gam3rguy
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Full body lifting Monday and Wednesday 🦵💪
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    I can walk faster now! It takes me almost half the time to walk the usual route. Now I have to hunt for more neighborhood streets to venture into!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,898 Member
    Looks pretty good DancingMoosie. Good for you!
  • gam3rguy
    Chest and Tris=Done!