30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    One of my goals today is to figure out if my medicines are helping me keep the weight on: I am on hormone replacement - anyone take that? Any thoughts on weight loss while taking statins and hormone replacements?

I am on statins primarily for familial high cholesterol.
  • RunDMC2021
    RunDMC2021 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    rnc52012 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for dealing with my sweet tooth in a way that will not spiral into a full on binge?

Experiment. Everyone is different on whether to eliminate foods or try to eat them in moderation. For me, sweets lead to more sweets. For others, a small portion of what they want satisfies them. When I eat enough fibre and protein, and drink enough water sweet cravings are reduced so I try to focus my attention on what I need:

Drink! Water or tea ( I am not a water drinker so I have to guzzle it down like a toddler eating something broccoli)
    Go for a walk
    Eat a choc protein bar

• RubyRed427
    Options
    @RubyRed427 I can't visit my stepmom anymore because she keeps a large stash of Dove dark chocolate candies in her kitchen. Those are too good to resist.

Oh sure! Those are my favorites Dove dark chocolate- there were some in the teacher's lounge and I could not help myself.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Fabme1 wrote: »
    Checking in:

Lost 77% of my Challenge goal!

(18.5 lbs out of 24lbs)

Bravo!!!