Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Replies

• michelleal1990michelleal1990 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Today I'm planning a macdonalds lunch. It might sound counter intuitive as I'm trying to lose weight, but if it fits in your calorie goal, that's alright isn't it ?

You got that! Remember long term that a day off won't hurt, as long as you track and get back on the next day. To curb the fast food cravings we've been buying fancy TV dinners to have on hand. Don't feel like cooking? Well thankfully I have a 400cal enchilada in the freezer that I can make faster than going through the drive through.
  • michelleal1990michelleal1990 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    eminater wrote: »
    I'll weight in on Wednesdays. I am going to set ambitious goals [email protected]'s inspirational quotes. Since it's a 30 lbs challenge, I will make that my goal.

Good luck to everyone else on reaching your goals.

Dec 30th 211.0 lbs

Jan 6nd 211.6 lbs - I've had a enough NSVs this week not to worry about this "gain"
    Jan 13th 212.1 lbs - it seems I am going in the wrong direction? I think in the long term, the loss will

Are you weighing food? I find that I'm incredibly inaccurate at eyeballing and eat significantly more if I'm not making sure my tracking is accurate.

• FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    I'm feeling pretty yukky, like I'm getting a cold or something (most likely due to stopping vaping) throat & chest don't feel too great. Bit of a cough but this is related to the vaping. It's the reason I quit.

But it's been making me feel like munching chocolate to make myself feel better !

But I didn't! 😎
    Can I say, "No pain, no gain"? :smile:
    Here's a couple things you might try
    • Do a deep breathing exercise. Relax, breath deeply, slowly inhaling/exhaling, while focusing on nothing other than your breath.
    • Try sipping an herbal tea with lemon and honey.
    Don't give up. Your body will adapt, and then thank you for it.

I will give these a try, thank u.

That tea sounds lovely & soothing. I will pick up some lemons at the shops 👌
  • JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 854 Member Member Posts: 854 Member
    I like the 150 calorie Think! bars. My dietitian recommended these. Make sure you check the calories....some are more than 150.
  • trwhitney2627trwhitney2627 Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    I also like the Think! high protein bars but I'm careful to use them only on days when I do a lot of exercise (mostly cardio - hiking/walking) because the bars I use are 240 calories (20 grams of protein). Sometimes, I cut a bar in half.
  • frankwbrownfrankwbrown Member, Premium Posts: 1,661 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,661 Member
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Something that is really helping me right now... protein bars. I know there is some mixed feelings about these. In the past I have avoided them because of added sugar and not so natural ingredients. However, I’m changing my tune on this. I’ve been including one protein bar for my mid afternoon snack for many reasons:
    1. I struggle to get enough protein
    2. It helps curb my ‘eat everything in site between the end of the workday and dinner’ habit
    3. It is a little daily treat so I don’t feel deprived

So... are protein bars a part of your plan? If so, what’s your favourite kind?

I too struggle to get enough protein. So, I eat/drink protein shakes, beef (sweet and hot) jerky, and protein bars. I also make tuna patties and salmon patties.
    My favorite protein bars are Zone Perfect: a variety of them, but especially Chocolate Almond Raisin and Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk. I've tried other bars, but I find most to be too dense and paste-like.
  • lorrainequiche59lorrainequiche59 Member Posts: 862 Member Member Posts: 862 Member
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Something that is really helping me right now... protein bars. I know there is some mixed feelings about these. In the past I have avoided them because of added sugar and not so natural ingredients. However, I’m changing my tune on this. I’ve been including one protein bar for my mid afternoon snack for many reasons:
    1. I struggle to get enough protein
    2. It helps curb my ‘eat everything in site between the end of the workday and dinner’ habit
    3. It is a little daily treat so I don’t feel deprived

So... are protein bars a part of your plan? If so, what’s your favourite kind?

If you want a high protein snack with no added sugar a couple of boiled eggs do the trick....will carry you through to dinner no problem. 180 calories for 2 large eggs. Although if you want some sugar eggs won't work for you.