What's the best diet or fitness advice you've ever heard?

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    You probably gained weight over a long period of time, so you should lose it the same way.
  • hulldon1
    hulldon1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Best ever advice? Losing weight is easy. Controlling the mind is the difficult bit.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What matters more is what you eat between New Years and Christmas, less between Christmas and New Years.
  • SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Stick with the ones who support you.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's the 'best' thing I've heard, but it's sort of turned into a morning mantra I say to myself...

How can you improve one small thing that is better than yesterday.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    "Eat your veggies, do your squats, wear red lipstick and don't let boys be mean to you."

LookHuman sells an assortment of shirts with that printed on it. I think I'm going to get one for myself as a reward for reaching a milestone.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    "Eat your veggies, do your squats, wear red lipstick and don't let boys be mean to you."

LookHuman sells an assortment of shirts with that printed on it. I think I'm going to get one for myself as a reward for reaching a milestone.

I have that tank (except is doesn’t have the lipstick part). Got it at Constantly Varied Gear.
  • ethelbonnie
    ethelbonnie Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I have that tank (except is doesn’t have the lipstick part). Got it at Constantly Varied Gear.

Hurrah, CVG!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    James Clear (in a book about building habits I believe) said "just show up". For me it means 2 things:
    1) often getting started is the hardest part, continuing is easy
    2) 5 minutes exercise or 1 meal tracked is better than nothing. Use it as a stepping stone.

I don't need to do it as much now, but on WW when I was trying to work out whether I was actually hungry or just emotionally eating or craving sugar/salt, I'd ask myself whether I would eat an apple. If the answer was no, I knew it was my mind so I'd try to redirect to something else and delay/avoid the snack.
  • summerkylarstar
    summerkylarstar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    “My body doesn’t control me I control my body.” This helps me make a whole slew of good decisions along with not living out of my emotions.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    A day where you eat a bunch of *kitten* foods because you need it can be just as important as the healthy week that follows. Personally my shift into better eating has changed majorly when I began to forgive myself for eating 3 empanadas, tres leches cake, and 3 beers on Super Bowl Sunday. :D
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nix143 wrote: »
    Eat like the person you want to be.

This is helping me so much. See Future Me rocks around in gym leggings all the time, is proud of her body and the work that has got her there. Future Me smashes her workouts and pushes herself. Future Me enjoys eating in moderation, counting her calories, fueling her workouts because that's what got her to her goals. Future Me has no need to smother her emotions by binge eating. She knows she can eat treats or special meals and it doesnt derail her.

I really dig Future Me, she's holding my hand through all this.

I just wanted to bring this one to the front of the thread in case anyone missed it. I think about this post a lot.
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Saw this in a comment from a different MFP forum, after a family member said they were lucky to have lost so much weight. I don't remember who the commentor was, because words tend sink deeper than names.

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
  • fitmomgoles
    fitmomgoles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight loss stems from what you eat not how much you exercise.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Someone on MFP just said this and it really was profound. “The easiest calories to burn are the ones you don’t put in your mouth.”
  • avtlove
    avtlove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I may have lost a lb or two in my day...😏

https://anchor.fm/jesse-o1/episodes/8-tips-to-help-you-overcome-cravings-and-temptations-eov7jd

Here's my latest episode on how exactly I did it 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    It's also available on YouTube and everywhere else you podcast Btw

Thanks for this, Jessi! I just listened to this podcast and it was quite insightful. I appreciate you!!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Determine
    Decide
    Do

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    My favorite: destination, determination, deliberation.