ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Ddsb11 wrote: »
    🤦🏼‍♀️ MFP told me so, those exact words. It was regarding a comment that I genuinely meant no harm or disrespect, like a scenario where you mispronounce something wrong your whole life and someone finally tells you the correct way. I wouldn’t consider that person a jerk for informing me. I even stated that I hope it helped. I felt pretty bad that MFP would make issue of it (no one else did) and then I felt, unsettled, like wow, I have contributed for 6 years, and in 400ish posts I have received roughly 2000 positive responses. I don’t really think I’m a jerk, do you? Makes you not want to contribute anymore, ya know? I love this community. I think the dialogue is fun, fascinating, and it’s even cool to debate from time to time. I hope I haven’t hurt any of you on a personal level, and if so I want to sincerely apologize. I’m gonna crawl in a hole now 😐.
    In all honesty if something some random internet person said about you on MFP is bothering you this much, maybe it is time to reasses things? It’s just a Internet forum....

Just my .002

No way dude! Random internet people I’m cool with. A forum I’ve supported for 6 years calling me a jerk, that was uncalled for. That being said, I agree one shouldn’t dwell.

Meh, MFP has been worse to me. Remember jail???

Wait what?! Did you correct grammar and spelling? What is this jail you speak of?

If you got too many warnings they would put bars on your profile and restrict posting...

Do they still do that? Or are the forums more tame now?

i haven't seen or heard of anyone going to jail on here in awhile. But I also don't always pay THAT close of attention. I was tossed in there once or twice.

Not for grammar though LOL

usually for ... well, my name is my name LMAO

Good to know the prison population has been thinned...
  • qhob_89
    qhob_89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    This horse is so beaten and dead it's impossible to tell if it's even a horse at this point, and yet I can't stop watching.

I can't decide if this thread is amusing or horrifying, but I'm leaning toward amusing.

Started as dead horse, but now it’s amusing...

It’s... IT’S... IT’S A PIÑATA!!! adv1mpzal420.jpeg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You'll get your share of it. I've had several members email me directly because they felt my truth was too harsh on some responses I made back in the day. I think the one that really got the most was one I made on pregnant women using the excuse "eating for 2" and allowing themselves to gain 80+lbs. The responses I got from that were pretty crazy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

but but but you were.... right? (runs and hides)

i was obese with both my pregnancies (the first one not as much) and only gained 20 with my first and 16 with my second.
  • amarkula
    amarkula Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is this considered a dirty jerk? Asking for a friend.
    Bloody discusting, yet I support your right to be jerk. :)
    When going for shock factor without connection to discussion, you really did leave your real point out.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's similar to 'Wheaton's Law', which I have always been okay with.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    qhob_89 wrote: »
    This horse is so beaten and dead it's impossible to tell if it's even a horse at this point, and yet I can't stop watching.

I can't decide if this thread is amusing or horrifying, but I'm leaning toward amusing.

It’s... IT’S... IT’S A PIÑATA!!! adv1mpzal420.jpeg

Hahahaha! Clever lady 😏
  • Ddsb11
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You'll get your share of it. I've had several members email me directly because they felt my truth was too harsh on some responses I made back in the day. I think the one that really got the most was one I made on pregnant women using the excuse "eating for 2" and allowing themselves to gain 80+lbs. The responses I got from that were pretty crazy.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Oh man, I can only imagine! But did you get an email 😈

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The Community Guidelines were just reworded with the "I won't be a jerk" language within the last few years.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I can't decide if this thread is amusing or horrifying, but I'm leaning toward amusing.[/quote

Definitely amusing...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options

Let me correct myself...

It's definitely amusing! I say my piece and bail, let everyone else throw out whatever it is that they need to and have a giggle over it!
  • Ddsb11
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You might want to take a look at the Guidelines #15 too....discussing moderation publicly...

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines

This is just a discussion at this point I think 😊 It was resolved in the first couple posts. Many of us have tried to make it at least somewhat humorous as it organically carries on. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they removed it though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No. But later I got banned for awhile for arguing on line with a guy who set up a fantasy football league on here, mostly with all new beginners, and when some trades were made I called collusion and he dismantled my team. From there it was a war of words.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

The Community Guidelines were just reworded with the "I won't be a jerk" language within the last few years.

Speaking of, you had this in bold when you posted the rules: attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English

Attacks! This didn’t happen. At all. So I guess they need to change it to, whether polite or not, don’t correct grammar. And they can probably take out the jerk part when someone isn’t trying to be a jerk. I respond really well to gifs, maybe replace it with something like that 🤓

Yes, also in that post I said:

"Also, the guidelines say "attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English" and I do believe you were coming from a place of CARING, not belittling."
  • Ddsb11
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No. But later I got banned for awhile for arguing on line with a guy who set up a fantasy football league on here, mostly with all new beginners, and when some trades were made I called collusion and he dismantled my team. From there it was a war of words.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Get. Him. Back. Here.
This discussion has been closed.