*eat less
    *move more
    *find the fun

Jillā¤ļø

Sounds like a plan to me. A good one!
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    Happy Belated National Golden Retriever Day!
    It was yesterday... Shh...donā€™t tell Roxie that I missed it!

laspkzdvz0yt.jpeg

Oh shoot I missed that too then...my Remi is a golden!!!!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Sigh... it's Monday... again.

qt334o1pqeeb.jpg

Height: 5'7" (or thereabouts)
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6

Challenges - Still an issue with too many sweets (specifically baklava this time) and not enough water. A visit to Urgent Care gave me potential diagnoses of either acid reflux or gastritis, but probably brought on by stress. And here I thought I was handling my life rather well. :s

Successes - A five mile run/walk on Saturday with my daughter, although the last mile and a half turned into a stroll. (When you run with me, you must be prepared to walk. :) ) Also a 20-mile bike ride yesterday. One of the advantages of living in Southern Arizona is winter. Unfortunately for us, winter lasts about a month and then it starts warming up. And actually, the weather people are saying that our highs in the mid to upper 70s are unseasonable. I agree, but then, I do not like the heat, but I can't afford to move. Other successes, albeit bittersweet, are that I have some clothes I like that I can no longer wear because they're too big. I was looking for photos (because I haven't been taking any) and I realized I apparently haven't let anybody take any pictures of me either. So, photo NSVs are apparently going to be non-existent. Ah well.)
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    Congratulations on your loss, Sei!

I know Iā€™ve been frustrated with myself lately...especially since I went off the rails on Super Bowl Sunday. I felt like I was hung over on Monday, and I didnā€™t even drink alcohol. I think I had carb overload!

I decided to change up my routine, since it only been around 5 degrees in the morning. Iā€™m doing uTube walking/dancing videos and itā€™s a real mood booster.

Monday, after SuperBowl, I hit the scales at 211.1... today I clocked in at 207.9. I think sometimes we need to change things up a bit to keep things moving in the right direction.

Happy Wednesday!

JillšŸŠ
  • seilidhe
    jm216 wrote: Ā»
    I think sometimes we need to change things up a bit to keep things moving in the right direction.

Amen to that, sister!
  • jm216
    This morningā€™s ā€œitā€™s too cold outsideā€ indoor workout. Loved it! Did some modifications to keep the knees happy. https://youtu.be/jOMNtKMNlvA
  • seilidhe
    Happy Year of the WHITE METAL OX!

iy0hjk2i7qd8.jpg

"Beginning on February 12, 2021, the Year of the White Metal Ox will cultivate calm and stability in our lives. According to Chinese Astrology, Ox years reward hard work, tenacity, and patience. Working toward ambitious goals like earning a diploma, building a business empire, starting a family, or achieving radiant health [emphasis is mine] are all possibilities over the next year. Contractual agreements -- including marriage -- are also strongly favored during in the Year of the Ox.

As with 2020, this phase of the Chinese calendar is ruled by the color white. Because white contains all the colors of the spectrum, it represents the potential to draw support from all different sources. Asking for help continues to be a great strategy this year, no matter how big or small the request is.

Like last year, 2021 is also governed by the metal element, emphasizing the need for precision and clear thinking. Specialized knowledge will be prized, making it a prosperous time for doctors, scientists, lawyers, and academics. Ignoring professional advice can be disastrous in metal-ruled years, so when in doubt, listen to the experts in 2021." (https://www.tarot.com/horoscopes/chinese-2021)
  • BeeBsH79
    BeeBsH79 Posts: 1 Member
    Late to the party, but I've started this year with this very goal in mind.
    Would love to join you all on the journey.

I've lost 13lbs so far this year, and 26cm off my measurements.
    I used to be a runner and really want to get back to being able to pound the pavements once again; currently demoted to the dreadmill as my knee cannot cope with my weight gain on anything harder.
    I wasn't the largest I have been back in December, but I was the heaviest, and my daughter has been copying my appalling eating habits, so I'm doing this for her too.

Current weight 204lbs, and although my goal is a size not a weight, I think 30lbs would do the trick.
  • jm216
    seilidhe wrote: Ā»
    Happy Year of the WHITE METAL OX!

iy0hjk2i7qd8.jpg

"Beginning on February 12, 2021, the Year of the White Metal Ox will cultivate calm and stability in our lives. According to Chinese Astrology, Ox years reward hard work, tenacity, and patience. Working toward ambitious goals like earning a diploma, building a business empire, starting a family, or achieving radiant health [emphasis is mine] are all possibilities over the next year. Contractual agreements -- including marriage -- are also strongly favored during in the Year of the Ox.

As with 2020, this phase of the Chinese calendar is ruled by the color white. Because white contains all the colors of the spectrum, it represents the potential to draw support from all different sources. Asking for help continues to be a great strategy this year, no matter how big or small the request is.

Like last year, 2021 is also governed by the metal element, emphasizing the need for precision and clear thinking. Specialized knowledge will be prized, making it a prosperous time for doctors, scientists, lawyers, and academics. Ignoring professional advice can be disastrous in metal-ruled years, so when in doubt, listen to the experts in 2021." (https://www.tarot.com/horoscopes/chinese-2021)

Thank you Sei! This is what we all need this year... calm and stability...and achieving radiant health. Happy New Year!šŸŽŠ
  • jm216
    BeeBsH79 wrote: Ā»
    Late to the party, but I've started this year with this very goal in mind.
    Would love to join you all on the journey.

I've lost 13lbs so far this year, and 26cm off my measurements.
    I used to be a runner and really want to get back to being able to pound the pavements once again; currently demoted to the dreadmill as my knee cannot cope with my weight gain on anything harder.
    I wasn't the largest I have been back in December, but I was the heaviest, and my daughter has been copying my appalling eating habits, so I'm doing this for her too.

Current weight 204lbs, and although my goal is a size not a weight, I think 30lbs would do the trick.

Welcome Bee!

Weā€™re glad youā€™re here.

Jillā¤ļø
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Good morning!
    2/14 - 165
    I'm back! Cast is finally off, so this is my first check-in for a few weeks. Happy to report I held to same weight and didn't regain, as I wasn't able to exercise for almost 3 weeks. I tried to watch calorie intake and keep the water going.

Ready to resume logging, measuring and meal planning to start on the next 5 pounds.
    Like the tortoise šŸ¢ slow and steady.
    Have a great week - Kathie
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5ā€™8ā€
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9

ā¤ļøHope you all had a nice Valentineā€™s Day!ā¤ļø
    My birthday is tomorrow, so I see cake in my future.... if only I could eat just salad and cake.

Jillā¤ļø
  • jm216
    Good morning!
    2/14 - 165
    I'm back! Cast is finally off, so this is my first check-in for a few weeks. Happy to report I held to same weight and didn't regain, as I wasn't able to exercise for almost 3 weeks. I tried to watch calorie intake and keep the water going.

Ready to resume logging, measuring and meal planning to start on the next 5 pounds.
    Like the tortoise šŸ¢ slow and steady.
    Have a great week - Kathie

Welcome back Kathie!!
  • seilidhe
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2

Today I'm going to subject y'all to a really self-indulgent whinge which I also hope will be a Gibbs-slap to myself. :pensive: So, read on at your own peril. :wink:

Although I'm steadily losing weight, I find myself, even more steadily, losing the battle of the carbs. I get extremely resentful when I see my kids and friends enjoying the things I love to eat - pizza, bread, pasta, rice, pastries, chocolate .... :grumble: I can tolerate it for a while, but then I break. So, I indulge. Then I get stressed over indulging... or stressed over life s***... or whatever, and I indulge some more. Maybe I'll go for a run or a bike ride, and I "reward" myself by eating more. But... I didn't run this weekend, nor did I ride. I didn't eat much in the way of vegetables for the entire week, but there was bread, rice, pasta, cake, brownies, and chocolate. And not just little tastes of those forbidden substances, there were whole sandwiches or plates full and several dark chocolate Dove hearts. I have blood work in about two weeks and I'm a bit concerned my A1C will have jumped back into the diabetic range. Do I get my *kitten* back on track? No, I say "F*** it" and eat/drink something filled with carbs and not much else. So my challenge going forward is to get myself back in the right frame of mind and start believing in myself again. Nobody said this would be easy. Nobody said I wouldn't fall off the wagon. On the other hand, nobody said that I couldn't get right back on that wagon again. Maybe I should invest in the ingredients and equipment (new pots and pans would be a start - mine are horrible) that will enable me to try to make my own "safe" indulgences. Maybe I need to designate one of the very few cupboards in our very small kitchen to me alone so that I can have "my" food in there rather than having to see "the good stuff" every time I open the door. Most of all, I need to quit whining, put on my big girl panties, and just do what I need to do. But, man, I really miss the good stuff.
  • seilidhe
    "Do I get my *kitten* back on track?"

Hahahah! I'd seen "*kitten*" in other posts, but I thought the writer was the one who put it there. I didn't realize that MFP actually censors our posts. Ah well, y'all are adults, I'm sure you can guess what I actually put there. :)
  • jm216
    seilidhe wrote: Ā»
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =183.4
    1/25 =184.0
    2/1 = 182.5
    2/8 = 181.6
    2/15 = 179.2

Today I'm going to subject y'all to a really self-indulgent whinge which I also hope will be a Gibbs-slap to myself. :pensive: So, read on at your own peril. :wink:

Although I'm steadily losing weight, I find myself, even more steadily, losing the battle of the carbs. I get extremely resentful when I see my kids and friends enjoying the things I love to eat - pizza, bread, pasta, rice, pastries, chocolate .... :grumble: I can tolerate it for a while, but then I break. So, I indulge. Then I get stressed over indulging... or stressed over life s***... or whatever, and I indulge some more. Maybe I'll go for a run or a bike ride, and I "reward" myself by eating more. But... I didn't run this weekend, nor did I ride. I didn't eat much in the way of vegetables for the entire week, but there was bread, rice, pasta, cake, brownies, and chocolate. And not just little tastes of those forbidden substances, there were whole sandwiches or plates full and several dark chocolate Dove hearts. I have blood work in about two weeks and I'm a bit concerned my A1C will have jumped back into the diabetic range. Do I get my *kitten* back on track? No, I say "F*** it" and eat/drink something filled with carbs and not much else. So my challenge going forward is to get myself back in the right frame of mind and start believing in myself again. Nobody said this would be easy. Nobody said I wouldn't fall off the wagon. On the other hand, nobody said that I couldn't get right back on that wagon again. Maybe I should invest in the ingredients and equipment (new pots and pans would be a start - mine are horrible) that will enable me to try to make my own "safe" indulgences. Maybe I need to designate one of the very few cupboards in our very small kitchen to me alone so that I can have "my" food in there rather than having to see "the good stuff" every time I open the door. Most of all, I need to quit whining, put on my big girl panties, and just do what I need to do. But, man, I really miss the good stuff.

I agree! Carbs are my go to... I would literally die on a low carb diet. I feel ya!
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Seilidhe, I found I couldn't give up carbs either, so I try to look for options for favorite starch/carb foods. I found a bread by Schmidt called 647 bread. 6g net carb, 40 cal, 7g fiber per slice. I don't feel guilty making a sandwich with this! Also the Dave's Killer Breads are good, healthy grain style. I use cauli & sweet potato blend instead of potatoes, for pasta I'll use zucchini noodles. Tried pasta made from chickpeas, that was horrid, lol. I cook a lot from scratch, so I'm always making 2 versions of dinner.

I'm due for blood work in about 2 weeks too and worried about my a1c. This has kept me away from sugary treats, cupcakes... and absolutely no ice cream allowed in my house since I have no willpower there. Sometimes I have a few pretzel nuggets tho!