quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bump
  • quiksylver296
    Bump
  • Soul_To_Squeeze
    Soul_To_Squeeze Posts: 29 Member
    Hi,

I wrote a post about how I can’t drop the last 2kg and before I posted it I found this post. I used the TDEE-20% calculator thats linked and it tells me I should be eating more. I was wondering what anyone thinks and if they can give advice please?

For reference I’m 5”7 (171cm) female 67kg (147lb) wanting to drop 2kg and then replace fat with lean mass

I’ve been stuck for a while in losing last 2kg. Probably since about November.

Currently eating around 1530 Calories but regularly going over the goal.

This calculator recommends I eat this much with these macros
    1946kcal
    P 148g
    C 210g
    F 58g

I’m currently eating this
    1530 kcal (although going over)
    And the standard macros MFP gives
    P 89g
    C 220g
    F 59g

It mentions weight/resistance training which I have been doing but don’t if I’m doing it correctly. I’ve been doing body weight and light dumbell (2kg, 4lbs) workouts with no real pattern. I also do cardio along side the body weight workouts. I exercise from home and have very limited space and equipment.

Should I be following some kind of workout plan and if so what like?

I read somewhere that recommends doing 3 days of resistance training and on those days eat at maintenance then on non training days eat a little under with not as many carbs on non training days?

Any opinions would be great. Thank you

• quiksylver296
    Hi,

I wrote a post about how I can’t drop the last 2kg and before I posted it I found this post. I used the TDEE-20% calculator thats linked and it tells me I should be eating more. I was wondering what anyone thinks and if they can give advice please?

For reference I’m 5”7 (171cm) female 67kg (147lb) wanting to drop 2kg and then replace fat with lean mass

1946kcal
    P 148g
    C 210g
    F 58g

P 89g
    C 220g
    F 59g

It mentions weight/resistance training which I have been doing but don’t if I’m doing it correctly. I’ve been doing body weight and light dumbell (2kg, 4lbs) workouts with no real pattern. I also do cardio along side the body weight workouts. I exercise from home and have very limited space and equipment.

I read somewhere that recommends doing 3 days of resistance training and on those days eat at maintenance then on non training days eat a little under with not as many carbs on non training days?

Do you use a food scale?
  • Soul_To_Squeeze
    I do, yes
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    Hi,

1946kcal
    P 148g
    C 210g
    F 58g

P 89g
    C 220g
    F 59g

You could use more resistance. If you don't want to clump up your space, consider getting a suspension trainer. No need to buy an expensive one like TRX. You can get them for under $50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYRss_6gSFU

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Soul_To_Squeeze

@ninerbuff I already have some dumbbells on the way, thanks for the idea though I’ll keep it in mind.

@richardgavel Thank you for the reply. I realise I must be consuming at maintenance because I’ve not really gained or dropped. As I find I’m not sticking to my goal I think I’ll try increasing it somewhere in between what it is now and what the calculator suggests and see what happens. Thanks
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    BUMP
  • tinalongworth
    tinalongworth Posts: 16 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You want to lose belly fat and have a nice flat toned mid section? We see that a lot on this site. Hell, that was my goal for my birthday last year. We all want to be able to take our shirt off at the pool or beach and look great, but how do we do it?

1. Slight calorie deficit. Eating 800 calories and killing yourself in the gym is not going to get you there any faster. You need to fuel your body appropriately. I suggest the TDEE-20% method. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ (If you have questions please feel free to ask them here). Make sure to weigh everything you eat! Guessing could put you well over your calories.

2. Strength training. If you want that toned mid section look you have to put some muscle there. If you just want a nice flat stomach muscle will still help it look tight. You can begin with Strong Lifts, a hypertrophy routine or a strength program from bodybuilding.com (free!). One that includes compound lifts like deadlift, squat, bench press and pull ups will help. Work on increasing the amount of weight you use. When the weight gets heavier you engage your core more and it builds the muscle.

3. Muscle insurance. There are a variety of studies done on the amount of protein the body needs. I like to think of higher protein as muscle insurance. My suggestion is about .8 grams to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass. Make sure to get fat in your diet to help joints and metabolic processes. Make sure to get carbs in your diet to fuel workouts.

4. Cardio. I like cardio once or twice a week for 30 minutes. It's good for the heart and lungs. It doesn't add much to the calorie burn for the week, but it helps even things out in case you haven't been completely accurate weighing food.

5. Patience! It is not going to happen overnight. If you stick with it you could lose around 1% body fat a month. We aren't going to be perfect all the time. Enjoy birthdays and holidays. It is life and things will happen. Don't stress, learn to love the process.

FINALLY: Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge. You can't dry a corner while the rest of it is still wet. You won't magically lose belly fat or thigh fat or any other fat. It will come off where it wants to. Keep working at it! It is possible!

Wow! Thanks for this. I will study this and try to take it to heart. Especially number 5. That's the toughest one. LOL
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    bump
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Bump--someone needs to see this thread.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Bump--someone needs to see this thread.

@snowflake954 was that directed at me?! :P
  • quiksylver296
    Bump
  • quiksylver296
    Bump
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Not everyone is made genetically to have a six pack or have a flat stomach no matter how much the workouts. Everyone can achieve a flat stomach once a level of extreme weight loss is achieved . But is it worth it if six packs appear while looking like a drug addicted person or someone with bulimia ? It is a lie that everyone can attain low levels of fat due to workouts or prescribed eating regimens. Genetics play a major role on this. I’m just keeping real because I felt for this myself!
  • ninerbuff
    Jezreel12 wrote: »
    Not everyone is made genetically to have a six pack or have a flat stomach no matter how much the workouts. Everyone can achieve a flat stomach once a level of extreme weight loss is achieved . But is it worth it if six packs appear while looking like a drug addicted person or someone with bulimia ? It is a lie that everyone can attain low levels of fat due to workouts or prescribed eating regimens. Genetics play a major role on this. I’m just keeping real because I felt for this myself!
    Disagree. Everyone can have a flat stomach if their bodyfat percentage is about 10%-15%. That's achievable. Genetics matter most on how muscle shape and frame looks. It's not a lie, it's finding out what program actually works for an individual. That may mean higher volume training for some, lower volume for others.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Disagree. Everyone can have a flat stomach if their bodyfat percentage is about 10%-15%. That's achievable. Genetics matter most on how muscle shape and frame looks. It's not a lie, it's finding out what program actually works for an individual. That may mean higher volume training for some, lower volume for others.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    Guess you felt so strongly on the subject you had to say it twice, eh? lol
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited September 2022

lol yep i look like a drug addicted person! lololol