What's on your mind?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    A 2 out of 5-star review for Kristen Wiig's Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar (2021) which simply states...

"Austin Powers rip off"

...as if this was a bad thing. All it does that did was make me want to watch it even more!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Wondering if should go shovel some snow out of the driveway so there is at least a path to the house or wait and see if my nephew comes over today to do it. And wondering how mad husband is going to be if I attempt it. Or should I just let it melt and stay inside until it does.

Think I will have more coffee while I decide.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,086 Member
    Trying to think of a way I could get arrested so I could at least say I got cuffed for Valentines day 😬

😂

Paging hotcop for answers

@kinetixtrainer2

I think T knows she only needs to give me a wink and a grin. We can practice subject control and arrest techniques 😇
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I downloaded bumble for the bff feature and idk man. Why is everyone so FINE and successful? I mean, I guess those things shouldn’t matter but idk what I’m going to be doing trying to hang out with people who make so much more money than I do AND I get to be the fat one at the same time? Once again, shouldn’t matter. People say to surround yourself with successful people and you’ll be driven to succeed yourself. Maybe that’s what I’m missing???
    My ego is fragile I think.
    Now that I think about it, this ‘I’m not good enough or pretty enough for people to want to be friends with me’ has stunted me making friends since forever. I perhaps, could get over myself and not be intimidated by literally everyone.

Bumble has a bff feature?!

I don't really have an answer to the basic question, the experience of everyone being so successful is probably because a) people lie, and even when they don't, b) people only publish the best of themselves for public consumption. I'm not gonna pose as my real nose picking braggarty self up front, right?

Sometimes the nose just has to be picked. AMIRITE?

@yoshiboobs when I look at you I see a sweet and gorgeous lady. I have seen you on here a lot and think you seem so awesome, but my own insecurity prevents me from reaching out to others for fear of rejection. We are our own worst enemies.

These people are all putting on their prettiest faces... And often the ones who look like they've got it all together, end up being messed up nose pickers, like the rest of us. ❤️

I didn’t see this last night and 🥰. Ya I know it’s a ‘me and my own mind’ thing.
    Hey maybe they’ll let me crash their yacht when I try to drive it into a portal to the underworld and that could be a fun time? Whoopsie daisy! 🤪
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    edited February 2021
    I am moving this question to the question thread
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member

?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »

?

You need to go to the answer thread for answers
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Aside from the heavy stuff; I am wondering why I keep having recurrent migraines/headaches. I have them nearly 4 or 5 out of 7 days. Annoying enough to need medication, but not so bad as to have me attempt to sleep through them in a dark room.

This happened when I was younger and living in a different state. I went and had an MRI done and we found nothing abnormal. It was suggested it might be sinuses, but that they really didn't know, only that it was not neurological at that time.

My concern is that I wake up often with headaches (similar to how it feels when one is dehydrated and suffering from a hangover), but that I don't know what causes them and so far have not really found a solution. I can only keep taking migraine strength Tylenol for so long, ya' know?
  • SarahVeste
    SarahVeste Posts: 16 Member
    Everything really does happen for a reason...and there really is always light at the end of the tunnel. :)

• Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Just watched Fried Green Tomatoes and what a heartwarming lesbian romantic film! Ya, ya I guess they were just ‘good friends’ but 😏
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Gucci Guilty
  • twitchandshout
    I have discovered the trick to kitchen clean up cooperation.

The rule to rule the rules:

No matter what your assignment, no one leaves until everything is done.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Valentines's is the day when I watch movies where the loser gets the hot chick. Gives me hope :D

The last movie I watched, everyone died at the end.

Happy Valentines Day, Y'all !!
  • twitchandshout
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Valentines's is the day when I watch movies where the loser gets the hot chick. Gives me hope :D

The last movie I watched, everyone died at the end.

Happy Valentines Day, Y'all !!

That’s a Christmas movie, silly!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    Aside from the heavy stuff; I am wondering why I keep having recurrent migraines/headaches. I have them nearly 4 or 5 out of 7 days. Annoying enough to need medication, but not so bad as to have me attempt to sleep through them in a dark room.

This happened when I was younger and living in a different state. I went and had an MRI done and we found nothing abnormal. It was suggested it might be sinuses, but that they really didn't know, only that it was not neurological at that time.

My concern is that I wake up often with headaches (similar to how it feels when one is dehydrated and suffering from a hangover), but that I don't know what causes them and so far have not really found a solution. I can only keep taking migraine strength Tylenol for so long, ya' know?

Have you tried taking a 24hr allergy med a few days in a row? If it's sinuses or allergy related, that could help settle inflammation. If nothing changes, then nothing lost.
  • KosmosKitten

Have you tried taking a 24hr allergy med a few days in a row? If it's sinuses or allergy related, that could help settle inflammation. If nothing changes, then nothing lost.

Like Zyrtec or Claritin, I assume? No, but we have some.. I can always give it a go.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

In the 80s my doctor prescribed a medication for a migraine that had me on the sofa for a week.
    15min after I took it, migraine was gone.
    They sell the medication over the counter now.
    Percogesic, it’s by the pain relievers at the drug store.
    It’s only tylenol and some kind of antihistamine but it flat knocks my headaches out.
    It does make me sleepy.
    Just FYI 😊
    Hope you find relief.
  • KosmosKitten

In the 80s my doctor prescribed a medication for a migraine that had me on the sofa for a week.
    15min after I took it, migraine was gone.
    They sell the medication over the counter now.
    Percogesic, it’s by the pain relievers at the drug store.
    It’s only tylenol and some kind of antihistamine but it flat knocks my headaches out.
    It does make me sleepy.
    Just FYI 😊
    Hope you find relief.

I'll see if I can locate it. The migraine strength Tylenol does pretty good most of the time, but I don't want to become reliant on it. I'm always concerned that I'll develop a tolerance to certain OTC drugs.

I think last time, they prescribed me Zomig. It was weird, it dissolved on your tongue and tasted gross. Also, pretty sure it's a scheduled drug, so requires a lot of follow up appointments to keep getting scripts written for it.