Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ok people whats you thoughts on mfp meet ups...good idea or nah...on one hand could make a friend for life on the other could be a huge disappointment

I'm a regret nothing kind of person. Besides, many of you seem nothing but fun and/or pensive AF which are two things I'm down for in friends.

Caveat : my introversion is high so the meetup will be short or in a big group so as to dissipate the energy. I don't tarry in either situation unless, well, unless... 😌 nvm lol

ETA: I declare myself the Disagreer to @PlentyofProtein00's comment. I think you'd be hella fun in real life. And, I promise not to grab your goodies... I guess 🤷🏿‍♀️

😂and good morning to you. Im with you on the meet up...short and sweet...group meet up could be so daunting

***also I did do a meet up, we ended up good friends till he moved out of state.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ok people whats you thoughts on mfp meet ups...good idea or nah...on one hand could make a friend for life on the other could be a huge disappointment

I'm a regret nothing kind of person. Besides, many of you seem nothing but fun and/or pensive AF which are two things I'm down for in friends.

Caveat : my introversion is high so the meetup will be short or in a big group so as to dissipate the energy. I don't tarry in either situation unless, well, unless... 😌 nvm lol

ETA: I declare myself the Disagreer to @PlentyofProtein00's comment. I think you'd be hella fun in real life. And, I promise not to grab your goodies... I guess 🤷🏿‍♀️

😂and good morning to you. Im with you on the meet up...short and sweet...group meet up could be so daunting

***also I did do a meet up, we ended up good friends till he moved out of state.

I think I’m in a similar vein, with a few parameters. I’d want it to be big enough it wouldn’t get awkward (like more than 3 people) but still small enough that I could leave when I’m ready to (also an introvert) without killing the vibe (so like 6-10 people I guess). And something chill where you can still walk around or DO something. Like a picnic, food, some games if wanted, in a public space. (Public space means less chance of goodie grabs)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I always wanted to meet up with riderofwestern for a trail ride. We are sort of local and shared that interest.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    If you were going to plan a date for someone in your real life or one of your MFP friends and it had to cater to their specific preferences how well would you do?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    If you were going to plan a date for someone in your real life or one of your MFP friends and it had to cater to their specific preferences how well would you do?

Better than most of them would do if the roles were reversed. This is a constant source of frustration for me; it often feels like I pay more attention to the needs and likes of other people than they do to me.. and yes, this includes people who claim to "love" me.

It's led to a lifetime of expecting disappointment and not even trying anymore.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

I've never met anyone, but life tells me that very few things live up the expectation, so I'd say the chances for disappointment are pretty high.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

First things first: puts on tight jeans, leather jacket and fake tats (I have none)
    Covers self in peanutbuttery goodness and puts on iridescent socks and my engineer boots.

Approach hobbit hole and lure out with cheesecake. Turn on my quirky charm and invite you to go roller skating with me.

How am I doin? 🤔

You had me (and my dog) at “peanutbuttery goodness”.
  • twitchandshout
    Options

First things first: puts on tight jeans, leather jacket and fake tats (I have none)
    Covers self in peanutbuttery goodness and puts on iridescent socks and my engineer boots.

Approach hobbit hole and lure out with cheesecake. Turn on my quirky charm and invite you to go roller skating with me.

How am I doin? 🤔

This is good, but I want you to be comfortable. If the jeans pinch, leggings are fine.
  • twitchandshout
    edited February 2021
    Options
    tbh, there are very few people I feel like I know well enough to plan some thing they’d enjoy. Maybe I’m not paying enough attention or maybe people just don’t say what they like very clearly.

As for me, I feel like I am fairly outspoken about my preferences and if someone wants to please me it should be pretty easy to do.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options

As for me, I feel like I am fairly outspoken about my preferences and if someone wants to please me it should be pretty easy to do.

Why do you think I'm standing outside a hobbit hole in the freezing rain? 🌧️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I've never met anyone, but life tells me that very few things live up the expectation, so I'd say the chances for disappointment are pretty high.

I agree with this. Especially if its an online persona (sp). Maybe i won't be as funny or cute or sweet. Real life makes for real people.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    5ofseven wrote: »

Better than most of them would do if the roles were reversed. This is a constant source of frustration for me; it often feels like I pay more attention to the needs and likes of other people than they do to me.. and yes, this includes people who claim to "love" me.

It's led to a lifetime of expecting disappointment and not even trying anymore.

I'm the same. I finally came to realize that this was a me problem. Once I quit trying so hard, many of those relationships disintegrated, save a precious few which strengthened. The few were worth the loss of the many, and I feel more loved and appreciated rather than less.

Some people are simply users. I don't mean that with the negative connotation it implies. They are just busy trying to live life and succeed in some way, and when you come along having done something thoughtful for them, you're a convenience that they can accept, a shortcut. They take that convenience, give the minimum necessary to accept, and move on, leaving you behind. They're busy living their lives, often struggling to do so. It's not that what you did or who you are isn't important, or even that you aren't appreciated, it's that you aren't the most important thing of the moment.

Once I stopped being a conveyor of shortcuts (because hey, I'm thoughtful and observant and realized what I was), those people simply stopped being part of my life. They either didn't need what I was offering, or they had higher needs to address. They weren't bad, just struggling blindly, sometimes blind to me.

I can still be kind and thoughtful, but I do it from a place where I expect no reciprocation, and often for those that need assistance more deeply.

So I think im kind and sweet...but thoughtful is not my forte. Its kinda like knowing the right thing to say...I think of that thoughtful gift the day after valentines 😬
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I agree with this. Especially if its an online persona (sp). Maybe i won't be as funny or cute or sweet. Real life makes for real people.

Pretty sure once we got over our social anxiety and expectations, we’d enjoy each other’s company.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

For you...a hike in the woods...id bring a sachel and a camera. And we'd collect items...find the perfect spot to create a fairy garden/habit home and take pics of our creations
  • twitchandshout
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @Kashmir_314 I’d roller skate with you and admire your *kitten* and eyes eta: zeppelin in the car

@eatpolerepeat burger and corset shopping

@5ofseven I don’t know you well enough yet, but keep talking

@KosmosKitten can we go to a fancy yarn shop?

@PlentyofProtein00 Let’s hang out at your place and pet cats. I’ll cook us something and I’ll even wash the dishes.

@will_it_go_round_in_circles a bowl and the history channel. Ill wear a viking helmet.

@Motorsheen record shopping followed by Olive Garden
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    @Kashmir_314 I’d roller skate with you and admire your *kitten* and eyes eta: zeppelin in the car

@PlentyofProtein00 Let’s hang out at your place and pet cats. I’ll cook us something and I’ll even wash the dishes.

@will_it_go_round_in_circles a bowl and the history channel. Ill wear a viking helmet.

Aaaww you know me so well😁
  • twitchandshout
    Options

For you...a hike in the woods...id bring a sachel and a camera. And we'd collect items...find the perfect spot to create a fairy garden/habit home and take pics of our creations

😁😁😁😁😁😁 I’m so excited!
  • twitchandshout
    Options

I'm in!

I know you're talking about a burrito bowl for @will_it_go_round_in_circles 😏

Yup!
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options

:|