What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Those chocolate cakes on the other thread just don't do anything for me.

Agreed. I still find it weird I can find something *too* chocolately. :)

Also the pics of pepperoni pizza. I get indigestion just looking at them.

(Straight up cheese or hawaiian pizza is ok by me tho.)

Cheese pizza is so bblah imo

Depends on which cheeses.

I admit, I prefer mine with lots of nice veggies, maybe some fresh basil . . . .

. . . but cheese-only is only blah if blah cheese, as is typical in the frozen ones, and common in the chains. Get some chevre, feta, good fresh mozz, or similar goodies in there in the proper distribution, with some really nice sauce, and it's pretty darned edible.

Oh, and: Detroit style? From the Hut? Uh-uh. Looks like they just re-labeled deep dish. More like this, if you ask me, sitting here in Michigan the way I am and all:

c50p79b0rs45.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    wood fired pizza is "the bomb"! :D
    mozzarella, fontina and provolone are good, maybe with a little sharp cheddar.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    hpgzhdt4sqaj.png
    I do not like ribs with a ton of sauce like this
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    I like a little meat with my sauce.
  • pancakerunner
    chicken tenders > nuggets
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    @Hamiltonfamily2018

I'll stop short of saying people who choose a diet of only bland veggies and chicken/fish are masochists, but... :smiley:
    I had shrimp curry (w/ water chestnuts, bell peppers, bamboo shoots, and broccoli) and rice for dinner, and I've made a delicious chicken white chili. Last week, to try out a new immersion blender, I made a chicken salad out of canned chicken breast from Costco, adding bell pepper, celery, and (for a kick) one habanero pepper.
    To each his own, but for me a diet is only possible if I find a balance between pure discipline and pure enjoyment.

P.S. @pancakerunner, give me those ribs any time! (well, not any time, but once in a while is fine) :D
  • @Hamiltonfamily2018

I'll stop short of saying people who choose a diet of only bland veggies and chicken/fish are masochists, but... :smiley:
    I had shrimp curry (w/ water chestnuts, bell peppers, bamboo shoots, and broccoli) and rice for dinner, and I've made a delicious chicken white chili. Last week, to try out a new immersion blender, I made a chicken salad out of canned chicken breast from Costco, adding bell pepper, celery, and (for a kick) one habanero pepper.
    To each his own, but for me a diet is only possible if I find a balance between pure discipline and pure enjoyment.

P.S. @pancakerunner, give me those ribs any time! (well, not any time, but once in a while is fine) :D

Right!?! Absolutely I love curry! I eat chicken regularly- I love veggies; don’t misunderstand- but FFF can people stop with a plate of egg whites and veggies for breakfast, and stop with nothing but plain fish and chicken on the side with a huge plate of veggies- sure sometimes that’s great! With the right seasoning of course : ) but for EVERY gosh darn meal GMAB. I’d love to follow up with these people 10 years later and see where their at? If this is truly someone’s jam, cool, go for it-
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I hate green peppers and golden raisins!
  • pancakerunner
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I hate green peppers and golden raisins!

I hate green peppers and only like golden raisins in warm dishes!
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    I'm a lazy vegetarian who likes and eats fake meat regularly.
  • pancakerunner
    In all honesty, most fast food items aren't any more unhealthy than what you'd get at any other restaurant... actually, more than likely higher-end places add MORE junk to their food or are more liberal with oils, etc.
  • pancakerunner
    I really do not like most fruits. with the exception of stone fruit and berries
  • pancakerunner
    6lajdtpr8kpk.png
    n79zykj8tezr.png

extreme cookies and desserts like this are an abomination
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    6lajdtpr8kpk.png
    n79zykj8tezr.png

I agree, I don't even think they look good. Too much going on. I would much rather have each thing individually.
  • pancakerunner
    6lajdtpr8kpk.png
    n79zykj8tezr.png

I agree, I don't even think they look good. Too much going on. I would much rather have each thing individually.

Same!
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    6lajdtpr8kpk.png
    n79zykj8tezr.png

I would 100% eat that cookie! The bottom one not so much.