WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Ugh im awake but feeling punk.. I will end up taking an early morning nap,have laundry in wash and will take a shower in a bit..i did take my life vest off so i will be able to shower,it feels sooo good to have it off.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Oh KJ! We can't even meet up outdoors officially. :( Only a one to one walk. I am vaccinated and raring to see them. Our numbers here in Hove are low. I would be soooooo happy to have a garden visit, but we aren't allowed. We may try to arrange something at a distance soon. Even waving across the street! :#
    I hope you have a wonderful visit. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    p47x6d9hpzl1.jpeg
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I prefer texting. It gives my slow brain time to word things effectively, and I don't have to try to break into the conversation. Plus I can reread what else is said.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Done our Singing Zoom. Lots of songs today! Good fun.

Then I did 30 mins on the rower, watching Engrenages. Came down for a snack before the delivery arrives, still watching the programme in the kitchen. Wine man rings the bell with a delivery that DH ordered this morning. Post man rings the bell with Bea's present. Another delivery from Hermes of dried porcini. Eventually got the programme finished!
    Now just waiting for Waitrose.

I think I overdid the elliptical this morning as my gluteal tendon is playing up. Went a bit too fast, I think. Grrr!

Very tired after my poor sleep. :|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I like typing to friends on Messenger and email! I can't hear very well over the phone and even face to face at times. Some day I will get the needed hearing aids. LOL :s

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well I got out,it feels good.. had to send the holter monitor back to Drs office.. because it is a medical device I insured it..
    I had Dan go through the car wash as the car was filthy and wanted to get all the salt and grime off it.. I will be taking back my car monday... and will still have to drop Dan off.a couple.times a week...as it is afternoon hours..
    Did take a little snooze this morning and am sitting in my little den. Watching tv
    Going up to Susans tonight for hot dog and beans..
    Always love a good hot dog..
    Rita- so glad to hear about your job prospect..
    Waiting to hear about disability hope it works out,the surgeon was going to sign all the paperwork..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Allie if you do not get disability the first try try again. Our son had a disability lawyer. I know it took him more than one try. From what you have said I know you qualify it is just a question of when. It will happen.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well here I am at almost 1am and flipping and flopping and cant get comfortable to sleep,im going to have to invest in leg pillow, my DD has one and it keeps.your legs from touching one another,a quirk i guess I got after the surgery,i used to sleep in fetal position on either side and can sure fall asleep during the day,but nightime is a whole other story.. Oh well my own darn fault...here is hoping i can get a few hrs in before daylight

I have put a pillow between my knees for many years. I just use whatever pillow is around and not used. It aligns your hips.

Communication: I use different methods depending on the message I need to convey and who it is. I also consider if I'm in my car. Then, it's voice, but usually I don't make calls in the car. I just wait. Most of my family uses text and email. If it's a long message, I'll email. If it's short and sweet and I want it to be received a bit faster, but it's not critical, I'll text. If it's really important and I want some sort of confirmation and understanding, I'll call or do a face to face. However, I hate talking on the phone and avoid it when possible. I also hate Zoom. I feel like I am in a work meeting, so I don't do that either. I will do video calls with my nieces/nephews whenever they call, but a group Zoom...nope.

I love going out and talking over walks, coffee, beer, wine, and/or dinner too. Often, those are "girl" chats and I need to get something off my chest.

Bananas - I hope you didn't get an infection after your dental work. Feel better soon.

Kelly - I think the additional hand washing/cleanliness and masks also contribute a massive percentage of the lower flu cases this year, as well as fewer gatherings and touching.

Rita - I love the baby Yoda.

Cardio today. I am trying to add more in now, since my knee is getting better. I really want to heal so I can start running again.

The mister now has cold symptoms. The same scenario happened after his first COVID shot. 1. Sore arm. 2. Flu-like symptoms after 12 hours. 3. Fever, more flu. 4. Fine after 36 hours. A week later, cold symptoms.

Tina in CA
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Okie : good idea your dad had about getting a smaller gift for your brother! I just might do that!

Beth ! Prayers for you and your son. I'm so sorry that the horrendous debacle has continued and certainly HOPE that things are better for your son NOW. I'm glad you've made the decision to end the relationship with that group home and seek legal advice. That's absolutely awful! The puppy sure is adorable though. Is it me, or does he look like he's already grown a bit?

Rebecca : Love the picture! And the haircut! You have such a sweet, genuine smile! :smiley: I thought the joke was cute too!

Margaret : Yikes! I'm glad you caught that check fraud! I deposit a lot of checks virtually and then shred them immediately afterwards. The bank tells us to write VOID across them, but I shred them. These fraudsters are always thinking of new ways to rip people off - you have to stay on your toes!

Julie : I'd have to agree with ALL of your concerns as far as your dentist. My first red flag would be what he doesn't seem to want to be bothered to answer your questions. Hmm. I would be finding a new dentist if it was me.

My communication preferences in order of preference:
    Text
    Social media
    Email
    Phone
    Face-to-face

I have also put a pillow between my knees when I sleep for over a year now. I just use two standard pillows, one goes between my knees and the other one I drape my arm over. I'm a side sleeper so when I roll over to the other side, I have 2 more pillows on that side as well! DH wears a CPAP and has a lot of difficulty sleeping (both falling asleep and STAYING asleep) so we have separate bedrooms. I rarely have trouble sleeping. :smiley:

Well have a good day/evening/night all! I'm finally caught up again on this thread.... and am off to get ready to go to work my 2nd job. I have 4 massages to give tonight! Whew! :#

:heart: Teresa in OH
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice words regarding haircut and smile.💖. For so long I have made fun of myself, and so I am trying to be mindful these days and accept compliments.
    Last night I reheated some of husbands bathwater, (well I added more hot water), I know some of y'all would imagine me hauling water back up on to tha stove! Allie, you "Little House on the Prairie" lover💕. Sorry you are not sleeping well.😕. No fun. I woke up to bath hair, kinda look like my hair got electrocuted! So I hopped into the shower for a sec and rewet it, then afterwards I put some "Dippitydo" sort of gunk thru my hair. I look like a dancer dude from "West Side Story", but whatever.
    Its a cold and blustery day here on the island!
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    What is my preferred method of communication? First would be text. I forget to check my personal email very often and I have so much trouble hearing on the phone. I used to love writing and getting letters in the mail. 2 of my friends that we wrote to each at least once a month have passed away and the other is my friend that had the stroke and is not able to write or even understand. I do miss the letters. I try and write little notes to my grand children at different times and I have a couple that send me letters and I love it. I do have a friend that we usually talk on the phone once a day. Short and just updates on our day.

Allie-I wouldn't worry so much about when or how much you sleep. Sleep when you are tired and be awake when you can't sleep. Your body is healing and lets you know when you need to rest. As you get stronger and healthy your body will a just and get back to a normal sleep schedule.

KJ--I just have a question, do you wear the mask in home while the children are there?

Not a lot of news here. Trying to figure things out at work and keep them from downsizing my department to nothing. I need to work for at least 4 more years and I do not like the idea of job hunting. I have been here 34 years and not sure how to start over. I did look at some job postings on line yesterday. No excited.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well I have found that Dan took me over to the UPS store and I sent the monitor back to Dr,again I insured it since it is a medical device..
    I am watching Highway to Heaven and going back and forth between that and the Waltons..
    Love these shows..
    But i am in the Den and not sleeping which is a good thing..
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Debbie, this is not Lisa's recipe, but it is good, easy and fast. Just use equal parts of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. A cup of yogurt and a cup of flour makes 4 regular sized bagels. I make them into a bagel shape by poking a hole in the middle with my finger and shaping the dough. You can also do it by making a long tube and connecting it to make it look like a bagel. Brush with egg wash and bake. It takes about 15 minutes I think in the oven at 375. I have made them in the oven and in the air fryer. they are delicious either way. I like Everything Bagel seasoning on mine. I also prefer full fat yogurt, but you can use low fat. I wouldn't trust no-fat, but it might work. I don't know. I have heard of people using flavored Greek yogurt like blueberry or strawberry to make the bagels, but I have only used the plain. I also bet vanilla would be good if you added some cinnamon to the mixture. Calories will depend on the type of yogurt you use, but mine come in at right around 150. Not bad for a huge bagel and the protein count is pretty good. You can google this - it's usually called something like two ingredient yogurt bread or something similar. My daughter has used it for pizza dough with success. The first time I tried it, I just mixed it up with a fork, but I made some this week and used the Kitchen Aid with the bread hook. That worked better with less mess when I shaped the bagels on a mat with extra flour.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Debbie, this is not Lisa's recipe, but it is good, easy and fast. Just use equal parts of self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. A cup of yogurt and a cup of flour makes 4 regular sized bagels. I make them into a bagel shape by poking a hole in the middle with my finger and shaping the dough. You can also do it by making a long tube and connecting it to make it look like a bagel. Brush with egg wash and bake. It takes about 15 minutes I think in the oven at 375. I have made them in the oven and in the air fryer. they are delicious either way. I like Everything Bagel seasoning on mine. I also prefer full fat yogurt, but you can use low fat. I wouldn't trust no-fat, but it might work. I don't know. I have heard of people using flavored Greek yogurt like blueberry or strawberry to make the bagels, but I have only used the plain. I also bet vanilla would be good if you added some cinnamon to the mixture. Calories will depend on the type of yogurt you use, but mine come in at right around 150. Not bad for a huge bagel and the protein count is pretty good. You can google this - it's usually called something like two ingredient yogurt bread or something similar. My daughter has used it for pizza dough with success. The first time I tried it, I just mixed it up with a fork, but I made some this week and used the Kitchen Aid with the bread hook. That worked better with less mess when I shaped the bagels on a mat with extra flour.

Thank you!
    I have seen this recipe but never tired it- perfect time to try it. I also just picked up some of the "everything bagel" seasoning
    I will try these tomorrow
    Debbie
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hmmm - the two-ingredient is the one I totally botched and created hockey pucks. Glad to know it works for someone!