JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, THurs
    1. log all food :) -- even though I went way over calorie wise .. but.. I logged it all.
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH drank 10 glasses of water ... trying to limit to just 1 diet coke. So I carry my water with me all the time.
    3. only 1 diet coke :)
    4. mindful eating :/ I did really good all day until ... tonite.... I ate 1 Yorkshire peppermint patty, and a individual container of orange sherbet. So I went over my calories ... but.. I logged it all, and I got tons of exercise in today, so I think I am still ok
    5. 5 fruits and veggies :)
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothes WHEN covid restrictions are lifted and we go see our son, to have more energy. :) My jeans fit very tight .. so this is easy reminder.
    7. go for a walk in the morning, since the afternoon is going to be very busy. :):):) Walked with a friend this morning .. she walks on the sidewalk, I walk on the street to social distance. We walk mostly on a trail though, so easy to do. We walked 8.25 miles this morning!!! My legs hurt, but in a good way. It was 32 degrees out, but the sun was out and no wind. Wonderful way to start my day! Then .. I worked in the yard another 2 hours! It was 47 out ... so cleaning up 4 of my 9 flower beds!
    8. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything. :):) Tonite after dinner I ate a peppermint patty, then grabbed one of those little individual orange sherbet containers. And that got my cravings going again. I almost grabbed a granola bar, and was looking to see what I could eat. Till I stopped. I am not hungry. I am just tired.
    So... I filled up my water bottle... and here I am posting goals for tomorrow. I am NOT going to eat anything more tonite. Weigh in is tomorrow

Days Water challenge met
    4 days

JFT, Friday, 2/26
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothes WHEN covid restrictions are lifted and we go see our son, to have more energy.
    7. go for a walk
    8. weigh in -- its friday. Weigh in no matter what, but remember... the scale is only a number
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    JFT, Fri 26 Feb

Health
    🥛Drink 2 litres of Water
    🍽️ Stay within Calories
    🚶🏻‍♀️Go for a Walk
    Home
    🧹 Hoover
    🚽 Clean the Bathroom
    🛒 Groceries
    Personal
    🛍️ Buy a new top/dress (don't remember the last time I did!)

Let's smash our goals today! 😁
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 25 Feb

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 👿4
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 26 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Thursday

Eat sensibly yes
    No snacking 2, oops
    A few gentle exercises yes
    Walk only 35 minutes, cut short as finally got call back from solicitor

I'm grateful that the weather was better yesterday, dry and even a bit sunny.

JFT Friday 26th

Eat sensibly
    collect medication
    Back exercises
    Admin
    Do something, anything, just keep busy

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: Answer Qs from WW. Grade essays. Email students about late work.
    3. Classes: GR comment responses. Video - Moms. Writing: Desperation. Chapter 1.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE RESEARCH ESSAYS. Publish blog post.
    5. Lunch: Oatmeal. Set up book group meeting for next Wednesday.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Run after school?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. LIVESTREAM 6 PM.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Another lovely walk this afternoon! Alas, it's supposed to rain all today.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Name: Susannah
    39 years old
    5'4”

SW: 315
    1st goal: 300
    2nd goal: 285
    3rd goal: 350
    4th goal: 200
    5th: goal 185
    Ultimate goal: 150

Word for the year 2021: patience

Today’s goals:

1. Eat when hungry. Stop eating when satisfied.
    2. It’s February in New England and it’s going to be nearly 50 degrees today! Enjoy it!! Get outside!
    3. Be patient with myself and trust the process.

Welcome!! What part of New England are you in? I live in Vermont and I'm SOOO looking forward to Spring!!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFT 2/26/21
    1) Log food for the day
    2) Drink 8 glasses of water (WATER CHALLENGE)
    3) NO Diet Coke
    4) Stop snacking by 8pm
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Thursday 2/25/2021

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Manage a few household items
    ✅Attend class virtually
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ✅Begin Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards :star:
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅Make Dinner (undecided currently)
    ❌Stay in the green on calories!!!!

Have an amazing day everyone!! 🌷

JFT Friday 2/26/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Manage a few household items
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Finish Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards :star:
    Chem 3308 Online HW.1 & HW.2
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    (Leftover Dinner Night!! - No cooking time 🤗 )
    Stay in the green on calories!!!! (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

I blew it yesterday with the caloric intake. My new plan, make some tea and take a break when anxiety and stress show up. Hopefully this will help with the emotional eating.

The weekend is upon us!! Happy Friday Y'all!! 🤠👍

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Thurs Feb 25
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Fri Feb 26
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

Very busy day at work today if I want to get it all done before the weekend. I'll have to catch up tonight.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,263 Member
    Still here, mostly lurking. It has been nice here the last 2 days, so I was able to get outside for some exercise. Took a half day Wednesday with the hubs and we walked about 4 miles on a trail then had lunch. It was a good day. Yesterday I worked from home and got a lot of things around the house done. It feels good to be mostly caught up on things. Today started with resolve that quickly faded when faced with peer pressure and doughnuts... Oh well, I had a protein bar for lunch to try to balance a bit.

JFT Friday
    - Weigh -in :( Forgot I had planned to start doing this again...
    - Protein shake for breakfast :( Doughnut
    - Light Lunch :smiley:
    - Work on GLU :smiley:
    - Finish up Calibrations for Jennifer :smiley:
    - Leave work early
    - Pick up V from swim
    - Dinner with family
    - Bed after the news

Have a great day y'all!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 2/25 R
    1) Move hourly :) 13/14 & 14k
    2) Walk dog in afternoon after hubby leaves for work :mrgreen: 3.86 miles (had to reroute due to snow on one small connecting road)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :) Better than lately. Net cals -94 & 14c
    4) 2nd to last day of work from home: draft AJNH report / keep up w/ emails / PRO s/s comments = 3/3
    5) Wash towels / boil eggs / make root veg beef stew / declutter 15 min. / at least one more chore a little pooped from late afternoon dog walk = 4/5
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog during day) :mrgreen: 6/6

JFT 2/26 F
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog (afternoon)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Last day of working at home: AJNH report draft / Facebook Live 12:00 / PRO s/s comments / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status s/s
    5) Wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / at least one other chore
    6) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

Even though yesterday's wind chill was just below freezing, the sun was shining and roads were almost completely clear of ice & snow. Took advantage of one of my last work from home days to walk dog at 4 p.m. & home before sunset. @jeschepp You are so right, such a mood booster! I'll have to change things back up when my dept. starts working in the office every day again.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    One of my favorite reminders

yaf6l4nnhob5.jpg
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day on Thursday

For Thursday, another new day. Standalone opportunity.

-I'm grateful for my family and the many friends in my life. Today it's a peer in a sister company that I've known for 15 years. We share insights and best practices of working for the same PE firm but more importantly he and I share the same adolescent's sense of humor. His timing of a test or email always seems to come in when I'm frustrated.
    -1900 calories: 1924 Consciously went over but didn't get out of control
    -Work out for 90 minutes. The flexibility of work from home isn't going to be here for much longer: 55 minutes including a shortened 16 minute, .85 mile walk. Got cold.
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development: Healthy Habits: Daily habits to improve life and health. Meghan LIvingston. Familiar ground with things like water, sleep and finding exercise that you enjoy. Big takeaway for me is that what works is individualized.
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Nope
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties. Fix the window blind so we can sit at the banquette for dinner: Done and done
    -Eat diner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope but stayed close to my commitment
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon. Either do this or try something new. Going to move on. Apparently this isn't important to me.

For Friday, new day.

-I'm grateful for the many improvements that technology has brought into my life. Today it's the adidas app that tracks my outdoor walks. For decades I enjoyed tracking my running/walking progress but had to outline the mileage in my car and use a stop watch left in the garage to track time. The app makes everything seamless, keeps my history and even gives me maps of where I walked. Sooooo much easier.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 40 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 13 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:

[/quote]

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    If I make it to the end of the day without binging on junk food, I think I'll give myself a medal. I've had the worst day. My daughter is teething and she's screaming bloody murder. My head is bursting. She won't nap because of it so I've had no break from it all day. I'm so ready for bed. 😟 Food has always been my comfort, so on days like today I just want to resort to eating to numb how I'm feeling. It's so hard to break old habits...

Hey have you tried dentinox? You can buy it from the supermarket I'm sure or pharmacy. Or even the bonjela teething gel?
    Ash used to rub the girls gums for them (washed hands first of course lol)

It's so hard to know they're in pain with it too! I hope it eases for her. You can get teething toys too and some of them go in the freezer so it's cooling too when they chew it (I'm sure you probably know about it all)
    But I always used dentinox gel and it definitely eased it for my girls and im sure it's one you can apply endlessly. (but check the leaflet first)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Birthday girl for all the honorary aunts!
    e3kvgvch50yt.jpg