March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 That's a nice thought, but it's really a play on Rambo.
    Nice :) and probably for the best that I won't be entertaining anyone with a trombone any time soon.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    Happy Birthday @kristymn!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    So here’s a monthly question promoted by @Tramboman and his non-trombone. What images do the various user names in this group inspire in your head.

I always assumed @quilteryoyo was one of those mad keen quilters, but apparently not so much...

With @polskagirl01 I think polka dancing rather than Polish person...

And I always read @noblsheep as Noble Sheep and picture a very dignified sheep!

+1 Noble Sheep

Also +1 @quilteryoyo - My grandmother used to make these fabric circle thingies she called "yo-yos", then would make wall hangings and pillows with them. I think there's a huge garbage bag of them somewhere waiting for me to turn them into a quilt. Turns out there are a few of us quilters in the group!

My username is tricky too, because I live in Poland and speak the language (hence the "polska" - Polish for Poland) but am an American (hence "girl" being in English). I don't think I've ever danced a polka, but it looks fun!

@ContraryMaryMary I wonder if you do a lot of gardening.

@katharmonic is surely musical in my mind.

@shanaber seems like some sort of teddy bear ("Shana Bear") 🐻

I don't know what a keo is, so @Avidkeo in my mind turns into Avid Kiwi (bird, or person)

And then there's @kgirlhart which reads like "heart" to me <3
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,646 Member
    noblsheep wrote: »
    So here’s a monthly question promoted by @Tramboman and his non-trombone. What images do the various user names in this group inspire in your head.

I always assumed @quilteryoyo was one of those mad keen quilters, but apparently not so much...

With @polska_girl I think polka dancing rather than Polish person...

And I always read @noblsheep as Noble Sheep and picture a very dignified sheep!

LOL. Sheep can be quite dignified when they're not... chewing. Or otherwise looking ridiculous. This what you had in mind?
    510gVucRbLL.jpg

Exactly!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Ran 2 miles last night after working late. It was almost dark, so I pushed hard to get it done quickly.

I love the commentary on everyone’s names, and the ideas I’ve had for everyone pretty much match up to what has been in my head. I wish now I’d come up with a more unique name.

Happy Birthday, @kirstymn!

2/50 miles
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,433 Member

I love the commentary on everyone’s names, and the ideas I’ve had for everyone pretty much match up to what has been in my head. I wish now I’d come up with a more unique name.

Happy Birthday, @kirstymn!

100% agree! I am just not that creative.

6 treadmill miles to start off March.

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary I used to quilt a lot. I really need to get back into it. Thanks for the push. :wink: I agree with you on @polskagirl01 and @noblsheep . Dancing and the queen sheep. @katharmonic - Kathy playing the harmonica @rheddmobile - I picture a red car @ContraryMaryMary - The garden nursery rhyme They may be more I think of later - when I see the names. LOL

Nice run @katharmonic ! The temperature dropped here all day too, but not that far! You never know what March is going to bring.

@rheddmobile I'm glad your hip is doing better. I don't think I would enjoy all of that mud. Hope you do well on your race day.

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2021
    3-1 7k slow
    3-2 7k easy

March Total: 14k
    March Goal: 150k

Sunny, low 20s F, and a light breeze from the northwest today. Saw a red winged blackbird and a song sparrow, but no worms...
    I don't know if we become our names, or if our names become us.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)