Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok, September Wk 1 weigh ins. I lost .3kg down to 65kg / 143.3, so not a lot, but I have been stressing out over finishing an essay all this weekend so I'm not terribly surprised.

OWLs:
    Just move: 5
    Eating: 7
    House Spirit: 3

House Points:
    165pts for exercise minutes
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    So I think I am going to give the 17 day Diet a try. My body responds really well to low carb (or should I say my body loves holding on to carbs). Just not sure how well I will do considering the amount of exercise I get (ok I don't exercise as much as I would like, but I do run every morning for a good 45 minutes, circuit train with Jillian 2-3 times a week, and walk in the evenings with the family) Day 1 tomorrow- I'll keep everyone posted.

Today's Stats:
    Food: 0 (went over on sugar- will do better starting tomorrow!)
    Exercise: +1 (yeah I actually didn't step on the scale this morning- wanted to, but wanted my OWL more!!!)
    Spirit- +1 (checking in now thank you very much)
    House Points (+35)

Weekly Stats:
    Owls 3; House Points 70
  • the_accountinator
    Options
    Hello Fellow Ravenclaws!

Checking in this week at 278.0 which is down 1.8 from last week :D I also tracked my OWLs for the first time in a while and I'm adding 3 OWLs for Exercise and 6 OWLs for Water. I'm also adding 35 house points toward our inter-house victory! I know it's not much but it's something and it's made me feel better about moving more.

This week's Food OWLs will definitely be a good goal for me. I have a MAJOR sweet-tooth and staying away from that sugar is always a battle.

Good luck to everyone and yay for all who have had a chance to get on Pottermore! Isn't if freakin' awesome?!?!?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I just read that DH2 will be released on DVD/Blu-ray in November! Just in time for my birthday!! :bigsmile:
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Ok, my first official weigh in! I joined midweek last week so can only put what I earned for four days but here goes. First of all I'm down 2.4 pounds which puts me at 150!!!!

Food-4 OWLs (I'm on the 17 Day Diet which really stresses getting at least your 64 oz in)
    Exercise-3 OWLs
    Spirit-4 OWLs
    House points-104

Can't wait to get in my first official full week this week. Staying off the scale will be a challenge for me lol.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws, I'm going to join you.

So this is our second week, counting from when? Last thursday (the 8th)?
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Before I report my stats for this week I just wanted to say that I love love love your Dr,Who ticker background craft338! Donna and number 10 may be my favorite doctor companion team :)

SO I was at 159.4 today so that is down .6 lb from last week. Not a big loss but at least it is in the right direction :)

Week 1:
    OWLs: total = 16
    Food- 6
    Exercise- 7
    Spirit- 3

House points: 531
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello! I had an awful night last night (way too many empty calories), but I'm just going to make sure the rest of the week is solid to make up for it. Not watching the scale to see how much damage I did will be the hardest part (ack). Unfortunately, I did not manage it today, nor did I stay under my sugar goal.

I only recently added that sugar column and whew, that's going to be tough for me. I never realized how far I was going over daily. Ouch.

Anyway, I have a really early morning tomorrow (taking a friend to and from the hospital for a surgery -- send some good vibes her way, please!), so I'll be trying to get some sleep tonight. I'm not usually in bed until around 4am, so this is going to be a challenge.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Daily Stats:
    Food: 0
    Exercise: 0
    Spirit: 1
    House Points: 20

Weekly Stats (week of 9/10 - 9/16):
    Exercise: 0
    Spirit: 2
    House Points: 20
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    Good evening Ravenclaws!

Today was a super boring day for me. I spent 8 hours in the library reading for classes and I'm still not done.

OWLS for yesterday
    Exercise: 1
    Spirit: 1
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Ravenclaws!! My weekly House point exercise total (last sun through this sat) is 333.

Also, I know this has nothing to do with our house, though it seems very fitting...GO RAVENS!!

Not a ravens fan, but I don't mind seeing the Steelers get crushed :devil:

Go Eagles! (The Ravenclaw mascot is an eagle! :wink: )
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Just wanted to pop in and weigh in before SUnday ends. I weighed in at 175 this morning....a one pound gain from last week. Not sure what's going on...I'm under my calories everyday and exercising, netting calories. Maybe it was the stress of anticipation for my race this morning...who knows. Hopefully this will be a better week.

144 house points for today
    1 OWL for the water
    1 OWL for posting and
    ! OWL for exercise challenge.

I'll have to go back to tally up weekly totals of all. I'll report back in the morning with those.

Good night all and god bless!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws, I'm going to join you.

So this is our second week, counting from when? Last thursday (the 8th)?

Second week counting from when you weigh it. Weigh-ins are any time Friday -Monday each week - choose whatever day works best for you but no later than Monday. Start counting your points on the day you weigh in.

Welcome to Ravenclaw!!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ravenclaw's I have had a great day today and got a lot of walking in today. Hope that everyone has a great week. :)

Monday 12/9/11 1 OWL Exercise OWL Food/Water – No 1 OWL Post House Points - 120
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hi, Sorry this was late, I already posted my loss
    For my points
    House points for excerise minutes = 539
    The water challenge is =7 OWLS

Thanks
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw!! I took a couple of days off, so got a bike ride in this morning before it gets too hot. :D Then its off to study...

We are still waiting for weigh-ins from:
    cherubcrnp
    kellllog
    nonni54
    Samiwhereareyou
    Sarac715
    tigersmoondiva

We need OWLs for:
    cherubcrnp
    kellllog
    nonni54
    Samiwhereareyou
    Sarac715
    tigersmoondiva
    TrissieYounglove

And, we need House Points (exercise minutes) for:
    liz11599
    minniebee
    TrissieYounglove
    binariiangel
    cherubcrnp
    kellllog
    nonni54
    Samiwhereareyou
    Sarac715
    tigersmoondiva

And we never got starting weights for these students last week. If they don't weigh in this week, I will remove their names from our list until they want to join in again.
    deviations
    marymax2994
    NikkiMustang77
    sunstonefire
    xDSaraxD

I'll post the house results tonight. Hope I don't have to put anyone in detention! :laugh:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good Morning fellow Ravenclaws!!!!!! How is every today? This Ravenclaw is doing alright- especially considering my littlest one caught some kind of cold last night and was up ALL NIGHT LONG- like seriously I got 3 hours of sleep total and not all together in a chunk, but I am so damn proud of myself for getting up at 5 and running anyway- and I felt great out there today!

Today's Totals:
    Food- +1 (I went over with natural sugar but didn't have ANY added sugar today so yeah!!!!)
    Exercise- +1 (I really wanted to step on that damn scale this morning but I fought the urge)
    Spirit: +1 (here I am!)

Weekly Totals:
    Owls: 6 House Points: 138
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I survived my marathon deck staining this weekend. Whew! that was alot of work. It was warm this weekend, but the high was 87 on Saturday, and not as hot as forecast for Sunday. Plus, I was working on the North side of my house, so I never was in direct sun. It did break the record for consecutive days of sun for September (8) and eight consecutive days above 80. Now you know why anyone from the PNW is so pale skinned and that slugs thrive.

*Progress towards week of 9/11 OWLS -9/12 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +1
    Food (sugar) - +1 If I understand the rules, my biggest sugar offender is raisins, and that doesn't count against me.
    Exercise (Don't look at scale) - +1 - not counting official weigh in. This is HARD!

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 230
    Week 9/11 to date total = 60
    9/12 exercise minutes - 30 min walking
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say good morning Ravenclaw! Did my first day of C25K today, which I enjoyed. I think my body needs a rest from the exercise tomorrow though. Been doing a lot of running and I usually try to have one "chill" day a week. Unfortunately I had to step on a scale today even though I weighed in yesterday.....had to do Monday weigh in for my Hubba Hubba for the Holidays challenge. But....I will not set another toe on a scale until my next Sunday Ravenclaw weigh in. Yay!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ravenclaws! Slept late today and missed breakfast. Oh well. Starting my first day of C25K today, so we'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @azsuzi, I didn't have any exercise points (no extra exercise at least...) but a question for the rest of the house: Since getting to school I've been walking/riding my bike to class everywhere and I am still set as a "sedentary" lifestyle. Do you think I should change it to "lightly active?"

@bethany, GOOD LUCK!

Hi Ravenclaw! Checking in today just to say hi! My roommate has had a cold since school began three weeks ago, and I think it finally got to me. I'm going to try and get some extra sleep today to make up for it!