Lost 166lbs and going strong (pic)

BeUncommon
BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
I have lost 166 lbs (11stone, 12lbs) The road has been very difficult and sometimes very painful but I have kept my momentum up to carry on. It is not over and still have quite a way to go but I will get there. It has been a very long time since I have seen myself even at the size I currently am. I came to a crossroad when my Dad died where I made a very important decision, that was to either die as well or to be very strong (like him) and change my life. Awhile back I read a quote online and it stopped me dead in my tracks because it applied to me perfectly.
"Sometimes the most painful endings, can also lead to the most beautiful beginnings"
That says it all right there. The most painful thing I have ever had to deal with in life, had given me the strength to change my own.
For anyone wondering how I am achieving my weight loss it is good old fashion calorie counting. I am counting calories in my sleep...lol Nothing goes in my mouth that I don't know the calories for 🙂 Exercise as well, I walk 3.5 to 4 miles a day. I am walking bone on bone with my right knee as I need a replacement so those miles are extremely painful.. but hey, I am my fathers daughter!! I can achieve anything.
Doing all this during lockdown has made it even harder but I tell you, I cannot wait for those stores to open so I can get myself a new pair of trainers 🙂

I don't normally like to talk about my weight or anything but If I can inspire one person to keep going then I'm good :)

fpawu8r73483.jpg

Replies

• lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Congratulations your doing great
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    You are amazing!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Very nice! So far, so good. Wishing you all the best with your future goals.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    that is great you did the positive thing after your Dad died, so many go the other way. Congratulations!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    That's amazing, I've barely started my journey but I have a similar amount of weight to lose. Thank you for posting, it is very inspring!
  • MrsAcyprus2015
    MrsAcyprus2015 Posts: 35 Member
    What an achievement! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself. Good luck with the rest of your journey
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Your story is inspiring. I am so sorry for the loss of your father but happy that you are honoring his memory through your weight loss. I am just starting my journey and have a lot of weight to lose and I also have to push through the pain when exercising since I also have a bad knee and need my hips replaced. BUT...I am determined!

Best of luck on your continued journey and thank you for sharing your story.
  • abracadabra9933
    abracadabra9933 Posts: 8 Member
    Fantastic! What a difference! I love your story of finding a new beginning from a sad end. Your determination is inspiring.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    My sympathy on your loss. Never easy to lose those we love. I'm happy that you have found your way to a healthier lifestyle, that too isn't easy. What you have achieved thus far is amazing! With your mindset you will have no problem reaching your goal. I'm sure your dad is looking down at you and smiling :-)
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad - and KUDOS to you in making an amazing transformation. You are stronger & more beautiful than ever! Here's to continued good health and happiness for you.
  • jilliow
    jilliow Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you for sharing your story! I know it will help others who have faced similar challenges. I wish you success on your continued journey.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    What an achievement! You are doing great!
  • jrh_this_better_work
    jrh_this_better_work Posts: 92 Member
    What strength of character you are showing by finding the beautiful beginning. Well done and all the best as you continue!
  • karmen65
    karmen65 Posts: 4 Member
    WOW!!! What a beautiful beginning you are creating for yourself. Thank you for sharing. This has inspired me so much ... and I NEED that inspiration in a really big way!!! Day 4 for me ... and I have a LONG road ahead of me.
  • cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • roadtrippen4fun
    roadtrippen4fun Posts: 4 Member
    Absolutely fantastic! Your hard work is exactly what MFP is all about! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    What an amazing story and congrats on your fantastic accomplishments. What you are creating for yourself is the greatest gift and will surely motivate and inspire many. Have a great weekend.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    You are inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!