How did you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I met him May 2007 when I started working with him. We were friends for six months, decided to shake the whole damn place up and started dating. Yep! We definitely shook the place up (that is a really long, insane story). Thanksgiving 2008, he proposed. New Year's Eve 2008, we got married!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    through an ex boyfriend of mine, that worked out well :)
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    We met when we were both stationed in Iceland. I was married, though, and my first impression of him wasn't good. We hung out with the same group of people and we flirted a lot, but that was the norm and I never thought anything of it at the time. He had a crush on me and never said anything (because he was certain that he'd never have a shot with a married woman 5 years his senior and his supervisor! :laugh: ), so we just went our separate ways simply as casual friends when the base closed...

Fast forward to about 2 months later. We both got stationed in AZ. I ran into him at the BX along with some other buddies from Iceland and kind of felt something... a spark maybe... My marriage was over and I made it known. We made it a point to get invited to the same parties and stuff and one night while bowling with a group of friends I got cocky and flipped him off for a comment he had made... his response: "no thanks, you're not my type" I WAS CRUSHED! :sad:

Next day I sent him a text message saying "so, I'm not your type?" Texting is the best... we texted each other over 500 msgs in 2 days and finally went out on a "date." That was July of 06... we're getting married this June. :love: And I am so in love.... :love:
  • FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    Actually he was/is my oldest brothers close friends! lol nothing like a little sister going out with your friends! :laugh: :blushing:
  • kym_lewis08
    kym_lewis08 Posts: 393
    Options
    bumping cuz i like to hear about it :blushing:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Met my soon to be husband...Mr. Britches online. A site called WesternMatch.com.....I was getting sick of dating superficial cali men, so I signed up to win a country boy preferably from the South.....We connected online on August 25th 2007, met in person first time 10/01/07 (10 glorious days) he moved in with me here 2 months earlier then planned on 11/22/07 coming from Texas (originally from N. Carolina). He asked my grandfather for permission to propose on 11/27/07.....proposed....I said yes....we are getting hitched in Las Vegas in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I had to jump in on this one! We are getting Married September 26, 2009!! :happy:

I met Jimmy at a Tractor Pull. I went there to be introduced to my gynocologist's cousin :laugh: but ended up meeting Jimmy first. We were inseperable from that exact moment!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Blind date. I was working in a daycare at the time and one of the parents asked if it would be ok to give my phone number to one of her co-workers. We have been married for 12 wonderful years!:smile::happy:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    What a good idea. I met my husband, a police officer, when he arrested my first husband. We were young and it was bad judgement of character on my part-we didn't last very long. About 5 years later, the police officer left a business card saying, "call me" on my windshield because I had an unlisted phone number. What a wonderful man full of integrity and definately a 360 from my first husband! We've been married for 13 years! I love a man in uniform!:drinker:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    10th grade. We're both Goth but we didn't have the same group of friends...I'd occasionally see him in the hall ways and I thought 'that guy is totally hot'. St. Valentines Day rolled around and our school puts out match reports of about 5 people per grade who has the same interests as you. We were each others top match. We met in the caf that day (it was a rare thing for me to be in there...I'd go to the library during lunch because I had a culinary class during lunch and could eat in there) and the rest is history. We've been togeather for 9 years. Dated for 4 and married for 5. Got married very young...19 and 21 but that's fine with me. :happy: :love:
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    CUTE! I totally forgot I made this thread!
  • silverharmony
    silverharmony Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i love the story of meeting my hubby :-D

so i had a girlfriend call and say she was going to Dead Can Dance (awesome medieval/goth-ish type group) and she was seeing which friends wanted to go. i said absolutely, as did 2 other friends. one of them i knew, the other i had never met before. so i went to her place first, then we went to get her friend larry. he was at the time living with his parents, so we picked him up there. we pretty much hit it off right away. lots of flirting on the way down to the show, cuddling DURING the show and inseperable on the way back. i dropped him off, and prayed he would call me the next day to go out...which he did!!

we went out dancing the next night at a place i used to go to constantly...not a SINGLE friend of mine there didnt know him...everyone wanted to know how he was, and how glad they were to see him out and about (he is a recovering alcoholic and disappeared from his social circles for 2 years prior to my meeting him, which is why he was living with his folks)...i swear he couldnt have PAID people to talk him up to me the way my friends did. i still am not sure how it is we hadnt met before we did except that we were meant to be together and needed to wait til we were both in a good place to make it work

that weekend i found out my kid was in the same day care as his cousins...that makes me laugh the most...my son had actually BEEN at his sister's house once before i met him...

i said i never wanted to get married again...i said i wasnt big into lots of kissing...he made me a liar on both counts and he loves reminding me of that :-D

course we werent smart and i ended up pregnant after 2 months of knowing him (right after i had him move in actually)...turns out he had already gotten the diamond from his mother :-D we did wait til after the baby to get married and did a lovely small wedding in the middle of a blizzard...we figure we can weather ANYTHING now...

~H
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    SilverHarmony,

That's freakin' awesome!
  • MarteeBee
    MarteeBee Posts: 14
    Options
    match.com.....online! It was awesome and we've been married 4 years.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yahoo 360. I thought he was handsome and out of my leauge. He had just finished dating another girl from CO, and neither could move and leave family. She got us together. He was my very first boyfriend, and pretty much first (and last) everything. :heart: :smooched:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I was working at a sub shop Boston Subworks and he worked in the place behind us Jeff's Backyard. I would see this really cute guy but never thought anything of it. I had worked at Boston's for almost a year and Brian walked in. I was really sick that day and he started telling me about some home remedies that had worked on his sons. I day dreamed about him for months and finally got up the nerve to give him my number! He didn't call me for 2 months. We went on our first date to Diversions because he didn't believe that I could whoop him at Tetris! I whooped him alright! I was 19 at the time and he was 31. Needless to say I kept him a secret from my protective family and then ended up pregnant about 8 months after we went on our first date. We've been together almost 3 years and my family still can't except the fact that i'm happy without them making every decision for me. Funny thing is I'm the only one in a relationship and with a child out of my 4 older siblings! We have our ups and downs but he :heart: 's me more than I ever imagined anyone could!
  • darthkatalyst
    Options
    plentyoffish.com :laugh:

we met online christmas night 2008, met in person new years day 2009 when i decided to drive down to his base (almost 100mi away), became inseparable, engaged in january, got pregnant & miscarried and then he deployed in May. currently he's in afghanistan and we're getting married/moving in together/try starting a family again during his 2 week leave when he comes home :D

i cant wait to be his mrs.!!!! :heart:

its so amazing to hear all these stories :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    OMG, you won't believe this one, but I was a Barmaid, and He was the DJ Back in the early 80's. How is that for a cliche' We have been married 26 years last January and together 29 years this July 11.
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 14 and he was 17 at a halloween party a friend of mine had. We started talking and that was it. We dated for about 3 monthes and broke up. Then 4 years later I was working at a video store and The same friend that had thrown the halloween party came in and saw I was working there, the next thing I know two days later him and our friend showed up "looking for something to rent". We went out to dinner and wondered around the mall that night. Two weeks later he proposed and we have been together since. That was over 13 years ago. I think we were just destined to be together.:heart:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the kinda guy who has no game and fully admits it. I sorta knew him from work and he invited me out with him and some friends to a club. The whole idea of that night was to get him "some" (did I mention all his friends that night were women minus one..lol)
    One of his friends mentioned me as an option and I bursted out laughing uncontrollably at the idea in front of him and all his friends. He was a just a little embarassed and that ended the idea of that. A few months later we started hanging out on a regular basis, then one night started cuddling on the couch. I realized how good I felt in his arms and haven't left since... 2 years later still happy.