March 2021 - Daily or Weekly check-in

Options

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    March starting weight: 187
    March goal: 184, but really my weekly goal is for the high spikes to be lower, and the lows to drop lower

3/1 - 187.0 8min run w/ walk
    3/2 - 187.0 9min run w/ walk. Adding 1min run daily is working well; took off Saturday as a 'rest' day. Excited to hit the 1 mile mark this week!
    3/3 - 186.4 massage, 10min run w/ walk, and zumba tonight!
    3/4 - 185.2 yesterday I just ran 9min instead of the planned 10min...getting old and forgot the plan, but today I'm doing 11min to stay on schedule.
    3/5 - 185.0 yesterday I did a full 12min run instead of the planned 11, so yay, a solid mile! No run planned for today. Gotta hang on to my motivation and big girl panties and make good choices this weekend.
    3/6 - 183.0 what????? 13min run w/ walk is done, making quiche for dinner tonight (cheddar, smoked sausage, mushrooms, evap milk instead of cream) Happy weekend!!
    3/7 - 184.6 a rebound as expected. Still, I count this week as a success. Last night's quiche was too yummy...ate too much, and had wine. Last month I noticed a bump after wine, definitely need to watch to see if this is a pattern related to wine. Daily weigh-ins are interesting, helps me figure out how my body reacts to different things. Today's plan is 14min run w/ walk, get the dogs out for a walk, taxes for us and my mom. Hamburger (no bun) with a salad for me tonight, w/ bun and tater tots for my menfolk.

3/8 - 186.4 sigh. sigh. Slightly below last Monday though. I really wish my scale was consistent but it reflects my choices so there you go. 15min run w/ walk, laundry, and work today; hope to get the dogs out too.
    3/9 - 185.2 fluid retention and I are old frenemies. 16min run w/ walk, didn't get the dogs out yesterday so will do so today. Dinner is leftover quiche.
    3/10 - 185.2 disappointing, I thought I'd see a little movement today. No run/walk today but will make it to zumba tonight. Still haven't gotten the dogs out despite temps in the low 60s.
    3/11 - 184.4 I did manage my 17min run yesterday, along with zumba. Today may be a rest day but I may manage the 18min run anyway.
    3/12 - 183.4 sure looks like I just repeated last week. My plan for this weekend is to plan extra exercise, like finally getting the dogs outside for a walk, and to prelog my food (even for a restaurant). I have to figure out how not to undo all my hard work every weekend. I did my run yesterday (yay me!) so today is 19min.
    3/13 - 184.0 No exercise yesterday. Today was a 90min walk, leg cramps dictated no run today.
    3/14 - 184.8 wine last night and gluten, so surprised it's less than a pound jump. Had a hot bath last night, and my legs feel much better; am going to sit in hot water several times this week and hope to get my legs stretched out and not-so-tight. Today ran 20min + 23min walk (an episode of Hell's Kitchen). Dinner is baked salmon and shrimp, cauliflower.

3/15 - 186.0 ah, there's the rest of the gluten spike from 3/13. Although it's lower than last Monday so I'm not going to complain (much). Running 21min today with my walk. Onward and downward. Mexican rice, egg, and avocado for dinner.
    3/16 - 186.6 ???? Maybe the rice? 22min run with walk; dinner chicken leg quarter & cauliflower.
    πŸ€ 3/17 - 187.2 grrr...fighting to remember that I'm a girl, and girls have issues... Dinner is salmon & broccoli, zumba tonight. No run today, fighting with extremely tight calves. Spent time researching calf issues last night, typically seen in runners, due to over-use. Well hmmm, that's probably me. Did a couple half's last year which resulted in the calf issue so I took a few months off. Getting back into it and guess what resurfaced. So I'm going to spend some time on the stretches and see what happens. I think I'm going to stick with 20min runs for a few days too instead of adding minutes. I've got to fix my legs.
    3/18 -
    3/19 -
    3/20 -
    3/21 -

Wine tracking:
    3/7, 183.0 - wine = 3/8, 184.6
    3/13, 184.0 - wine+gluten = 3/14, 184.8 (not a fair data point as I had wine + gluten, and I'm really just trying to see how I react to wine)
    3.14, 184.8 - wine = 3/15 186.0 (still not a fair data point as I'm sure this jump is the rest of the gluten spike)