WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I like any salad except those that are made with jello. Those are easy for me to pass up.

Yes me too! My mom used to make the Jello with shredded carrots. Uuck! Or the lettuce, a pear, with cottage cheese in the middle. With cheese on top. (Shivers)!
    Lol!
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    I like any salad except those that are made with jello. Those are easy for me to pass up.

Yes me too! My mom used to make the Jello with shredded carrots. Uuck! Or the lettuce, a pear, with cottage cheese in the middle. With cheese on top. (Shivers)!
    Lol!
    Rebecca

dad loved orange jello with grated carrots and crushed pineapple- he was the only one who liked it- mom made it for him every holiday. I mentioned that now she didn't have to but she said she was going to make it anyways.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Lol!
    Rebecca

dad loved orange jello with grated carrots and crushed pineapple- he was the only one who liked it- mom made it for him every holiday. I mentioned that now she didn't have to but she said she was going to make it anyways.

Totally agree Rebecca!

It reminds her of him so I can see why she makes it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Pip, oh I hate the post inspections! You want to yell to them, "you realize this place is cleaner than WE got it"?? Lee is the nit-picker when we walk thru the apt/ or house before we move in. He walks around and notices every little thing, and makes the management agent write it down.
    What are some of the new place perks that you didn't have in the old place? I actually love moving, changes, a chance to go thru stuff, organizing, decorating. Its just the actual physical moving that I hate. When we move from here, after son retires from Navy, we are having a moving company, and save our backs.😜
    Hugs Rebecca

Auntiebk- yup, very glad to b done.

This place has a way bigger kitchen. Pass through from the kitchen to the living room so you can see the tv. Has more bathrooms. A walk-in shower, 2 car garage, small front patio and a back patio. Has a screen door for the front door so we can leave it open if we want, those are some of the things this one has
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat much jello, but I love cottage cheese with fruit on the top. My mom served it frequently. Her dad made cottage cheese to sell to the public & I grew up with it. Mom put a little dollop of mayonnaise on top. I put fruit on mine, usually blueberries.
    ❤️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day

Walk w/Janie - 1hr 33min 9sec, 75ahr, 87mhr, 4.25mi= 397c
    Strava app = 530c
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I don’t eat much jello, but I love cottage cheese with fruit on the top. My mom served it frequently. Her dad made cottage cheese to sell to the public & I grew up with it. Mom put a little dollop of mayonnaise on top. I put fruit on mine, usually blueberries.
    ❤️

I don't like fruit on my cottage cheese but love it with tomatoes and garlic salt/pepper on it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,211 Member
    Options
    There is a brand of cottage cheese that is only sold in a few shops round here. Luckily one is around the corner! It is ten times better than any other cottage cheese. I eat it straight out of the container for my afternoon snack. I get really annoyed when they've sold out!

We had our sausage, sauerkraut and cabbage meal tonight. Heaven! Then we had the last two crême brulées that I made for Mother's Day. I used demerara sugar for the topping this time, which was much better. A F beer.

Girlfriends' Zoom tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear all about a projected move to Ireland, after a long, long stint in Australia and New Zealand, of my friend’s only son and his family. What a joy for her. She lives in Glasgow, so Ireland is just a hop away, compared to the Antipodes. She has been extraordinarily robust about going to see them, but she is 72 now and her husband, not the son's father, is 80. She has three grandchildren, two of whom, identical twins, are on the autistic spectrum. I'm sure it will be an enormous relief to have them nearer.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip, oh I hate the post inspections! You want to yell to them, "you realize this place is cleaner than WE got it"?? Lee is the nit-picker when we walk thru the apt/ or house before we move in. He walks around and notices every little thing, and makes the management agent write it down.
    What are some of the new place perks that you didn't have in the old place? I actually love moving, changes, a chance to go thru stuff, organizing, decorating. Its just the actual physical moving that I hate. When we move from here, after son retires from Navy, we are having a moving company, and save our backs.😜
    Hugs Rebecca

Auntiebk- yup, very glad to b done.

This place has a way bigger kitchen. Pass through from the kitchen to the living room so you can see the tv. Has more bathrooms. A walk-in shower, 2 car garage, small front patio and a back patio. Has a screen door for the front door so we can leave it open if we want, those are some of the things this one has

Lots o' perks!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Barbara – we had a 120lb sheepdog. Honestly, I think he would have licked a person to death! But one night when Vince was away, someone came to the door asking to use our phone in the middle of the night. I just held onto the dog. The minute they saw this big dog, they backed away. I agreed to call the police for them and he had no problem whatsoever with that.

We have those red ants. One time I happened to have some wasp killer in my hand so I sprayed it, figuring that it wouldn’t do anything. It killed them!

Have an eye doc appointment this afternoon.

Katla – so glad your hubby is doing better now. Have you ever gone to Wizard Island?

As far as a salad: I usually get the house salad hoping for romaine lettuce or even spinach (but that happens very rarely, sometimes I do get romaine tho). I usually ask them not to put any cheese or croutons, but I’ll eat them. No dressing.

Rebecca – I just learned that ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arranging. Interesting.

Pip – congrats on the walkthrough! What’s the “commentator show”?

Suebdew – there’s a series of articles in our local paper basically asking what’s changed in your life as a result of the coronavirus. While we never were big on going out to eat, the things that have changed are that we used to like going to the Green Room and Hickory Community Theater (local theaters), I now prefer to livestream the shows, mainly because I don’t have to wear that stupid mask. I haven’t gone to church in about a year, but now that I have the vaccine I’ll probably return. There’s two exercise classes that I don’t take, one of which I just do on my own, the other I haven’t been able to take. I got that parttime job. I guess that’s about it.

M – that might be one of the questions you ask “how has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?”

I like fruit in jello. Don’t have it much, tho especially since I’m the only one who will eat it.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I received my 2 sports bralettes with adjustable and detachable straps so they can be used traditional or the cross-back style. The cross-back style is my favorite for support and best posture. The only problem was on full length the straps were still way tight and cause my shoulder impingement problem to flare up with nice little grooves.

After rubbing and putting my flaxseed heating pad on my shoulders all morning, after my workout, I tossed both of them in the thrift store donation box. No returns due to covid and me cutting off the tags. While I was out walking wearing my new women's trail running cap that fits perfectly, I was struck by genius. Why couldn't I detach the adjustable strap from one and add it to the other?

All I had to do was cut the rings on one bra and then attach the removed straps to the other bra straps and adjust them down to perfection. Now two unusable bras become one useable and will be great for workout and my walks due to them being more compressive than my daily bras.

yobte23etl8k.jpg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Pip - I don’t understand how rentals get away with what they do on those inspections. I’ve done everything including patch and paint and still not been able to get all of my deposit back.
    Here though, renters have the right to accompany the inspection.

Barbara - I would think just calling them to advise wouldn’t tax them. They at least are aware there could potentially be a problem. We grew up in the country and had strange things happen a lot. We always reported it at least.

Tina - thanks for the cent sign tips.

Allie - I’m so happy for you that you get to take the vest off.

Strangers in the night. When I was expecting our youngest my husband drove truck so I was alone a lot. One night in the middle of the night there was a knock on my door, it was my Godchildren’s Mom. One of the children were sick and she needed to take her to the hospital so she needed me to watch my Godson. (Her husband was on an exercise in the army). Anyway, the next night when there was a knock I didn’t think much of it and went and opened the door without really being careful. There was a drunk man on the other side. He had lived in the house we were renting a couple years previous and thought he was home. He realized his mistake when I opened the door and he asked me if I could call a cab for him. My cousin owned the cab company so when I told her what was going on she sent her husband right away. I was very fortunate he was a happy drunk and have never opened a door without being cautious again.

Fayetta - I don’t know if they ever make a comfortable bra no matter what they advertise. For the prices of them they should be like air.

I have had two productive days at work and need to have 3 more this week. It’s non-stop on the computer all day to get anything done. I find it tiring.

I am going to watch The Voice and then probably take a bath.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: I agree with Rebecca, that bridge is a beauty! :star:

Heather: I inherited my mother’s blonde coloring. The shape of my face leans toward my dad’s family. :smiley: DH’s low blood sugar episodes can be scary. The one this morning worked out okay. Thank goodness! :bigsmile:

Pat in OH: I hope you feel better soon and the nurse is a big help. :flowerforyou:

Tracey: Thanks for your good wishes. DH is doing okay now. :smiley:

Rebecca: This was a familiar situation with DH’s health. He had a low blood sugar episode and were able to manage it without calling the paramedics this time. YAY! I count that as a gift. :heart:

Allie: It seems that you are doing the right things for your health. Your doctor is happy with you! YAY!! :star:

Margaret: I don’t care for jello salad either. :noway:

Pip: Your new home is lovely! I hope you and Kirby will enjoy living there. :bigsmile:

Michelle: I went to Crater Lake with my parents when I was in high school. We took a trail down to the water’s edge and had a boat ride around Wizard Island in the lake. Going back up the trail to the rim, my mom had serious trouble breathing. She didn’t need a paramedic, but it came close. I have mixed memories. The lake was beautiful & the guides on the boat were knowledgeable. Mom’s breathing was more than a little bit scary. She and my dad were both chain smokers and neither breathed well. Riding in a car with them was not pleasant. :noway: :ohwell:

Faetta: It is nice to see your post! :flowerforyou:

Today is beautiful day. The sky is blue and so is the river. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Barbara – we had a 120lb sheepdog. Honestly, I think he would have licked a person to death! But one night when Vince was away, someone came to the door asking to use our phone in the middle of the night. I just held onto the dog. The minute they saw this big dog, they backed away. I agreed to call the police for them and he had no problem whatsoever with that.

We have those red ants. One time I happened to have some wasp killer in my hand so I sprayed it, figuring that it wouldn’t do anything. It killed them!

Have an eye doc appointment this afternoon.

Katla – so glad your hubby is doing better now. Have you ever gone to Wizard Island?

As far as a salad: I usually get the house salad hoping for romaine lettuce or even spinach (but that happens very rarely, sometimes I do get romaine tho). I usually ask them not to put any cheese or croutons, but I’ll eat them. No dressing.

Rebecca – I just learned that ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arranging. Interesting.

Pip – congrats on the walkthrough! What’s the “commentator show”?

Suebdew – there’s a series of articles in our local paper basically asking what’s changed in your life as a result of the coronavirus. While we never were big on going out to eat, the things that have changed are that we used to like going to the Green Room and Hickory Community Theater (local theaters), I now prefer to livestream the shows, mainly because I don’t have to wear that stupid mask. I haven’t gone to church in about a year, but now that I have the vaccine I’ll probably return. There’s two exercise classes that I don’t take, one of which I just do on my own, the other I haven’t been able to take. I got that parttime job. I guess that’s about it.

M – that might be one of the questions you ask “how has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?”

I like fruit in jello. Don’t have it much, tho especially since I’m the only one who will eat it.

Michele NC

They will mail me a copy of their comments
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Michele NC

All right, let's do it!

How has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3