WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Barbara – we had a 120lb sheepdog. Honestly, I think he would have licked a person to death! But one night when Vince was away, someone came to the door asking to use our phone in the middle of the night. I just held onto the dog. The minute they saw this big dog, they backed away. I agreed to call the police for them and he had no problem whatsoever with that.

We have those red ants. One time I happened to have some wasp killer in my hand so I sprayed it, figuring that it wouldn’t do anything. It killed them!

Have an eye doc appointment this afternoon.

Katla – so glad your hubby is doing better now. Have you ever gone to Wizard Island?

As far as a salad: I usually get the house salad hoping for romaine lettuce or even spinach (but that happens very rarely, sometimes I do get romaine tho). I usually ask them not to put any cheese or croutons, but I’ll eat them. No dressing.

Rebecca – I just learned that ikebana is the Japanese art of flower arranging. Interesting.

Pip – congrats on the walkthrough! What’s the “commentator show”?

Suebdew – there’s a series of articles in our local paper basically asking what’s changed in your life as a result of the coronavirus. While we never were big on going out to eat, the things that have changed are that we used to like going to the Green Room and Hickory Community Theater (local theaters), I now prefer to livestream the shows, mainly because I don’t have to wear that stupid mask. I haven’t gone to church in about a year, but now that I have the vaccine I’ll probably return. There’s two exercise classes that I don’t take, one of which I just do on my own, the other I haven’t been able to take. I got that parttime job. I guess that’s about it.

M – that might be one of the questions you ask “how has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?”

I like fruit in jello. Don’t have it much, tho especially since I’m the only one who will eat it.

Michele NC

My step father used to do ikebana, and had about 40 bonsai trees that he tended.💖
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    M – that might be one of the questions you ask “how has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?”

Michele NC

All right, let's do it!

How has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?

Machka in Oz

I think I've said a number of these already but here goes ...

-- Generally speaking places are cleaner than they were. That's good.
    -- There is hand sanitiser everywhere. That's great!
    -- People keep their distance and don't touch me as much as they used to. That's wonderful!
    -- I've been able to get rubbing alcohol again. It's been about a decade since I could get ahold of it.
    -- Significantly less illness. Flus and colds are almost entirely gone! It's really nice to be healthy.
    -- We got Rhody on the first day of the shutdown - March 28, 2020!
    -- My husband isn't being pressured to work anymore.
    -- Little bit more ZOOM use. That's nice.

Otherwise ...

-- Work is the same. They are apparently discussing the possibility of people working from home more frequently, but of course, nothing has happened.
    -- I graduated uni so that's done, but it would have been the same.
    -- Groceries are the same. I've been ordering online and having them delivered since July 2018.
    -- Diet is the same.
    -- Exercise is the same.
    -- Sleep is the same - it was better during the shutdown months (March 28-July 31, 2020), but back to the same as before after.
    -- Unfortunately my commute is the same.
    -- My husband's situation is basically the same.
    -- Our travel restrictions are the same as they've been since March 22, 2018.
    -- I still can't visit my family and haven't been able to since 2017.

Can't think of anything else just now.

I did hope for more. I did not want to just return to "normal", the way things were.

I hoped for working from home and no commuting.
    I hoped for a surge in technological advancement.
    I hoped for a cure for the common cold and other medical achievements.
    I hoped for architectural changes to houses to promote things like handwashing, distancing and the attraction of staying home.

Maybe we'll get there yet!

Wishful Thinking ...
    53ddyl73ud1r.png
    kam3odzwjsoa.png
    c99jx69j28xx.png
    adk2nsdr8c8u.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Wednesday -- Work, of course.

7.5 km walking
    13 flights of 20 stairs!

And filing! Day 4 of filing!

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Busy morning. Did weekly shopping, then decontamination routine for groceries. Lovely walk out into the country, and having a breather before starting lunch.

We are in the process of seed planting and getting beds ready for planting out.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    :):) The landscaper came yesterday and gave us a quote for delivering and spreading bark on a wide space between us and the neighbor. I wanted to do this last spring but at the beginning of the pandemic we agreed to stay away from everyone so I got no bark delivered. This year we'll have the landscaper spread the bark in the big area and then leave us four yards of bark to spread around the rest of the yard.

:) The space between our house and next door was finally established when first the former neighbor put a rock line at the edge of what he thought was his yard and the manager of the park agreed that we could consider that the property line. I have wanted to clean up that area for awhile and now I can do it (or actually have it done). This is the area where we had the three maple trees planted in the fall.

:) There are several homes in our neighborhood that have put up fences between houses. We are so grateful that our new neighbor is not like that and is instead happy about our new maple trees and will enjoy how clean and tidy and weed free the bark will be.

:) The bark won't be delivered until April 9 which is earlier than the bark I got in years past, so I am very excited.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,490 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: another barrowful of branches to the burn pile.
    Get to do: DDS, take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    17: Look around and spot 3 things you find unusual or pleasant:

Yesterday started well but after lunch it tanked. Instead of getting up and doing something, or even taking a nap then getting up and doing something, I plopped myself in front of the tube again. At least this time CI stayed (barely) CO.

Allie hooray for saying good bye to that vest! Bet you sleep lots better now.
    Margaret what you and Rebecca said about jello salads, :sick: what a way to contaminate perfectly good cottage cheese.
    Tina “…for the price of a small condo” oh yeah. Alas, neither Joe nor I are handy, but for the price of a small condo I’d want all the floors done, both bathrooms, kitchen, and a vacation rental for Joe, me and the dogs while the work was being done :laugh:
    Katla I’ve often wondered what future archeologists will make of those little blue bags and their contents, when they excavate our middens. Considered a doggie dooley at one time, but then there’s the water table…
    Lisa :love: the flowers and the Gramily snippets.
    Michele thank goodness for great big dogs ;)
    Tracey what you said about the co$t of bras.
    Machka :love: the evening walk pic and your wishful thinking about engineering and home design.
    Barbie I’m excited for your bark delivery too!

Time to prep for the DDS. Getting permanent bridge today. Hope to feel up to Farmers’ Market and Freddie’s after.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 16, weigh: 16; steps>5627=3146 vits=16, log=16, CI<CO=14, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=15 Shadow=15 mfp=16 outside=11 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=2 dance= clean 60 mins=1.25 packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 , 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=7 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Michele NC

All right, let's do it!

How has life changed for you as a result of the pandemic?

Machka in Oz

I might also ask this:

How have YOU changed as a result of the pandemic?

Your perspectives?

Your goals?

What is important to you?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Dropped tbe birthday girl off at school and went and got the pups, they are all tucked in on the bed while I watch tv
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    I went out for my run this morning early as the weather was beautiful, if chilly, and it was projected to rain in the afternoon. Eight people swimming and two paddleboarding. :o:#
    I've since caught up on the extra calorie burn. 900 altogether.
    Didn't sleep too well last night as my heart rate sped up from 3.30. Not galloping, but faster than in the daytime. Can't blame alcohol this time!
    As usual while I was running I listened to the BBC Sounds app, Soul Music. Wonderful. This time it was Streets of London and Winds of Change. Both made me cry tears of happiness.

The pandemic has enabled me to make good progress on my memoir and I've now completed the first draft. I also have made great progress in German and consolidated my French and Spanish. Other than that, nothing much has changed and I don't think I have changed. I really enjoyed the holiday from FOMO, but things are getting back to normal now. My DDIL is being filmed for videos for a new psychology app and advising large companies on Zoom. I am envious. Very.
    Oh well, I enjoyed the holiday!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have had bad side effects from the vaccine might like to read this article on BBC news. It explains a lot!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pip: Congratulations on being in your new home. It seems to be filled with good features and all set for your happiness. :heart:

Machka: Life has changed since the pandemic by shrinking my chances to visit with friends and go to the stable and yoga classes that I love. I feel locked down and locked in. Our favorite Thai restaurant closed its doors forever. DH and I have appointments for our second Pfizer vaccinations on March 30. Then I will begin to feel a little more freedom. This group of women has been a blessing. I’m grateful and protected from isolation by all of you. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: We live beside the Columbia River, protected by two levels of riprap rock walls. When we bought this place, we could see water stains inside the house and inside the fireplace. Moving here was a risk that we wanted to take. We’ve had high water twice since the move, but it never invaded the inside of our home since we bought here. We can see our boat from the house. Unfortunately, the boat doesn’t get the attention and use that it should due to DH’s health challenges. We are thinking about putting it on the market but have made no definite decisions. :ohwell:

March 30 we will get our second Pfizer vaccinations. I plan to celebrate, go to the gym, go to the stables and resume the activities that make me happy. I hope to be feeling better and for the headache that began with a fall in early January to be gone.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Heather - well done on the first draft!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Gee ,Tom just told me he goes in for hernia repair on Friday..will be home for 3 weeks..
    Told him if there is anything I can do to help,he has been great taking Alfie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)