March 2021 - Daily or Weekly check-in

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    F, 43, 5'3", Hypothyroid, CancerX2

03/18: 176.6 - I am not sure if I logged my food correctly yesterday, but if I did, I was over calories and had 2 no sugar bubbly drinks. We made baked chicken drumsticks and wings yesterday. Does anyone know how to accurately log this? Are the calorie counts/weights in MFP including the bones? Or am I supposed to weigh the bones that I did not eat and subtract that from the calorie counts/weights? It's a meal that the whole family enjoys, but the calories are so much higher than chicken breast!

I think you weigh the meat off the bone, there should be an item for "baked chicken leg meat" or similar that you can use.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    @jensam327
    Maybe just try pre-logging the entire day?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    F, 43, 5'3", Hypothyroid, CancerX2

03/18: 176.6 - I am not sure if I logged my food correctly yesterday, but if I did, I was over calories and had 2 no sugar bubbly drinks. We made baked chicken drumsticks and wings yesterday. Does anyone know how to accurately log this? Are the calorie counts/weights in MFP including the bones? Or am I supposed to weigh the bones that I did not eat and subtract that from the calorie counts/weights? It's a meal that the whole family enjoys, but the calories are so much higher than chicken breast!

I think you weigh the meat off the bone, there should be an item for "baked chicken leg meat" or similar that you can use.

I kind of disagree. I get my wings in frozen packs, and on the side it will say 3 wings = x-amount of calories.
    I also buy my ribs frozen (and flavoured) and it will say the calories for the pack also.
    These include the bones. Both are very fatty so high in calories.
    I suppose that it matters how it is cooked also, deep fried, baked etc.