Yoga with Adriene fans

Replies

• skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Benji for the win!
    And great stuff. It really does yield great results.
  • ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi. Is anyone else starting the 30 day "Move" program? I just did Day 1 and am looking for others to keep me on track. (I'm a day behind because they aren't released by morning time in Europe).
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    I did just start Adriene's Move program this morning. However, I'm not the best one to keep you on track. It might take me 50+ days to complete this program. I don't always have 30 min in the morning to devote to yoga but I've done her Jan challenge the last few years and really enjoy them.

During the days when I have to go into the office to work, I usually do Yoga with Kassandra since she has many 10-15 min programs on You Tube.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I'm doing it.
  • 406MamaBear
    406MamaBear Posts: 47 Member
    I’m doing Move, too!
  • ellyseb1
    Great to hear from you all! I just did day 2. The planks were really tough since I haven't done them in a few months! Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow. What did you think?

ggeise14, it took me some extra days last year to finish too. The calendar was just published on her website and it looks like the sessions are a little shorter this year - none over 29 min, and some <20.
  • ggeise14
    Yes, I just printed the calendar today and noticed the shorter sessions. Maybe I get in an extra one or two on the weekends and keep up.

Good luck, everyone!
  • spiriteagle99
    I feel like I failed days 1 and 2. I seem to be less strong and less flexible than I was last year, or maybe this year's practice is a bit more difficult. Not a good start.
  • 406MamaBear
    Showing up at all isn’t a failure! You’re off to a great start! I enjoyed Day 3…did you?
  • spiriteagle99
    I was able to do all of day 3 without taking breaks, so yes, I did enjoy it.
  • ellyseb1
    Great! Day 3 done too. Legs are tired today after the warriors. I’m really out of practice but it feels good to get back into it.
  • hidemeupnorth
    hidemeupnorth Posts: 21 Member
    Day 4 was challenging but somehow it helped me work out a few things in my head. Like Why do I get so angry when we do not continuously flow? Oh .... that ache in my joints from the added weight, it is uncomfortable and my discomfort is showing itself in frustration and anger, I can work with that!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,447 Member
    I'm doing the Move program too! They release at 9pm my time (Australia) which is around the time that I usually exercise anyway (after I put my kiddo to bed) so it's kind of like having a class to go to! I have enjoyed the first 4 sessions, though I'm a little bit sore from all the core work. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow's shorter session for a bit of a break (maybe).
  • ellyseb1
    I have to admit that I skipped today. Went skiing and everything is just too tired and sore. Will try to catch up on the weekend!
  • 406MamaBear
    I liked today’s practice. How’s everyone else liking it so far?
  • spiriteagle99
    I got through the first 4 days, then hurt my back shoveling snow. I'll try again when the pain eases.
  • ellyseb1
    I'm still a day behind, but felt like 6 & 7 were a little too fast. I had trouble getting into the positions and she is already on the next one.

spiriteagle99, hope you feel better soon!
  • crock2016
    crock2016 Posts: 4 Member
    I am doing the January 30 day challenge. I am looking forward to Day 9 Curiosity today. I am very grateful a friend coaxed me into joining her on this journey to show up every day. It has been an excellent grounding practice.
  • ggeise14
    Completed day 5 today. Liking it so far!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I subscribed to the 30 day journey. I don't always get to do the entire video...and I skipped Friday, but I enjoy getting more yoga into my daily life.