WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    We once exploded a coffee pot in a holiday apartment in Italy. Oh my! We kept finding grounds for the rest of the holiday. It was all over the ceiling and behind the stove! :#

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My sister recommended that I listen to Disturbed singing The Sound of Silence this morning on Youtube and I must say that he has a wonderful voice! :)

Carol in GA

The mister LOVES that version of Sound of Silence, so it is played often and loudly here. I like it too. I even like Disturbed now, but my ears had to get used to most of their other songs.

Pip-Love the trailer. Why Bette 2.0? Isn't she deserving of her own name? The quilt is fantastic. I wish I had skills to make such a thing. I end up using my old t-shirts as car washing rags or hair coloring cover ups. It would be nice to preserve the memory of the events.

I think I figured out my knee problem, patellofemoral pain syndrome. It's apparently quite common for runners and especially women. Lots of exercises should take care of it, but apparently I will have to do them forever. Small price to pay to keep my own knees. Now, just need to heal my thumb so I can kayak again.

Hope you all have a great day/evening/night!

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    We once exploded a coffee pot in a holiday apartment in Italy. Oh my! We kept finding grounds for the rest of the holiday. It was all over the ceiling and behind the stove! :#

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yep, those grounds fly far. I haven't found any on our ceiling yet, but I am sure I just haven't look closely enough.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Well i took a hoof with the walker around the building.. and got a call from Social security with a few more.questions.. the lady was very nice and she said the way she has been working there has been a pretty quick turn around.. so here is hoping..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Young Heather was a beauty back then, and grown up Heather is a beauty now. :star:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Awww Heather what a cutie.. then and now
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Here is the pooper feature
    mxg6qcsp1ilh.jpeg
    kt3gslvbdlxb.jpeg
    wlo4wcqve4z8.jpeg
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Barbie. 🎈🎉🎁 Keep on keeping on. We love you.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Today was my meet my new to me doctor appointment. My lab results were back, and everything is in normal range. My cholesterol is a wee bit high, but my good cholesterol is high too, so it all works out. She said for my age I am healthy. Its nice to not get remanded for being an obese person. I can truly state I am a healthy obese person, and not be just doing a song and dance about it. Would I like to not be carrying this extra weight around? Sure, but I am not going to stress about it, resort to extreme measures and restrict my food intake. That is a classic yoyo, and I ain't gonna be one.
    So I have a referral for a colonoscopy that I will check about in a week on the online Tricare site. I made an appointment for a mammogram for 4-01 just up the street, nice. Thought a boob squeeze on April fools day was apt!
    Also got a tetanus with a whooping cough booster shot today.

Gal came and picked up the pile. I paid her $75 for a 45 minute job. She also has to pay the dump fee at the plant nursery that accepts yard waste. Anything under $100 was cool with me, plus I want good standing with her. I will keep her name for future needs.

Resting now with a cuppa. Nice to have that appt behind me.
    Hugs ladies!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbie Happy birthday sweet friend!!!!!
    6vr3v5zo3xrr.jpg
    Macaroon cake just for you!
    Low calorie too! Most digital ones are yay!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Barbie.... hope this birthday and the next year are filled with good times and good health.

Betsy In NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ri0hygneqw3q.jpeg
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My sister recommended that I listen to Disturbed singing The Sound of Silence this morning on Youtube and I must say that he has a wonderful voice! :)

Carol in GA

The mister LOVES that version of Sound of Silence, so it is played often and loudly here. I like it too. I even like Disturbed now, but my ears had to get used to most of their other songs.

Pip-Love the trailer. Why Bette 2.0? Isn't she deserving of her own name? The quilt is fantastic. I wish I had skills to make such a thing. I end up using my old t-shirts as car washing rags or hair coloring cover ups. It would be nice to preserve the memory of the events.

I think I figured out my knee problem, patellofemoral pain syndrome. It's apparently quite common for runners and especially women. Lots of exercises should take care of it, but apparently I will have to do them forever. Small price to pay to keep my own knees. Now, just need to heal my thumb so I can kayak again.

Hope you all have a great day/evening/night!

Tina in CA

We had an airstream and her name was Bette (Kirby’s moms name)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    pj9ge37qrnb7.jpeg
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Lets see, the Italian aria for medium range soprano
    -"Voi Che Sapete " from The Marriage of Figaro
    -"Rend'il Sereno Al Ciglio " from Handel's opera Costume
    - "Dimmi Amor" an Italian cantata. (That one is sketchy Italian for me)

These are arias I sang in 1980/81 so the fact that my brain still retains them is a miracle!😋😁
    If you want me to sing them to you, I can on Messenger! Lol!

💖Rebecca

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Wow, thank you all for the Happy Birthday wishes. This is one of those milestone birthdays. I remember when my mother had this birthday, she had been lying about her age for decades and had told people that she wasn't having any more birthdays so when this birthday came, everyone ignored it and she got sad and angry. I am grateful to still be alive, walking, dancing, speaking in complete sentences, taking care of important things.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

P.S. I couldn't run a chain saw for 45 minutes or even 5.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY- Hope you are having a great day!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara— I envy your ability to sing. Song brings joy to the singer and the audience. I can’t carry a tune in a bucket. I can enjoy listening to the songs. :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Got my second shot this morning- I am going to take it easy the rest of the day, hope little side effects tomorrow.
    Did a few errands with husband(grocery shopping is so much much nicer during the week-very little crowds.)-Took my car in and they have agreed to replace the windshield-there is a factory defect in it- like looking through marbled glass- not so much that you can't see but that it makes reading road signs and just seeing clearly impossible. We didn't notice it at first. My husband finally took it in.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Ahh... Just got notice I have an appointment through the VA for the Moderna vaccine next week on 4/1, and will get the second dose four weeks later, around 29 April. I have seldom looked forward to being perforated more than I do right now.