She is mostly packed
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie :flowerforyou:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Our adult children have been vaccinated. We have one jab down and one to go—March 30. I look forward to it. I want my old life back!!!!! I realize that many things may be different than before. I look forward to resuming yoga classes and spending time at the stable. I have confidence that we can create a "New Normal" that includes favorite pastimes and valued friends, but it may take a bit of time to get there. Keeping my fingers crossed for sooner rather than later. :heart:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies,
    Got my new ac/ heater unit put in,whisper quiet ,should be good for a good long time..and had a new filter put in larger unit in living room.
    Had a lovely dinner with the ladies and have to get up early to take son to work..
    Pip- love Bette 2 ,what a nice little camper..
    Watching Jeopardy and playing circle words on my phone
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Worked so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a spinning workout.

Pip – lovely quilt

Tracey – loved the woman celebrating her birthday

Supposed to go to this lady’s in South Carolina to pick up this one bisque (for ceramics) that I was looking at. It’s already increased in price by $5. Afterwards, it is supposed to be warm so guess what we’re going to do?

Barbie – happy birthday

I honestly don’t understand it completely. At work today again they asked me to answer the phone. I needed to transfer the call, but I had no idea how to even start to transfer with that phone. I’ve also noticed that when I go there later in the day, many times there doesn’t seem to be someone doing my job. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn’t. And usually the person “doing the job” is just standing inside offering a mask to people and making sure there are a few carts in the store. Are they priming me for doing something else? I don’t understand. I’m at one end of the store and the phone is at the other end. There is no way I’d hear the phone ringing.

Lisa – getting the shot has been about the only time I’ve ever been grateful to be older and about the one and only time I was willing to admit my age.

Denise doesn’t even know that we’ve been vaccinated. I’ve asked her if she has, but so far no answer

I think this weekend I’ll make amaretto fudge (or at least try to) for Vince. He likes amaretto, I don’t

Got a note that the activity heads in Newcomers should look to open their activities. Now I have to find a place to hold Rummikub. We were a small group to start with and I suspect we'll be even smaller. Maybe nonexistent. Not that I would mind if there were no more Rummikub. I got used to not having to coordinate it. We'd still keep the bowling even tho only about 1/2 as many people are joining now. Vince sent a memo to the members back in Feb saying that after they get the shot, if they'd like they can join us for the rest of the season. We got ONE response from a person who said they'd wait until after the summer. Not one of the people who used to bowl acknowledged the memo.

Michele NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    I see where Food Lion posted on Facebook that they're hiring. They advertised for help in "DSD and BackUp Scan". Does anyone know what that is???

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I see where Food Lion posted on Facebook that they're hiring. They advertised for help in "DSD and BackUp Scan". Does anyone know what that is???

Michele NC

Google ...

"The primary responsibility of the DSD receiving clerk is the accurate checking in of, and then entry into the direct store delivery (DSD) computer all store DSD vendor deliveries; as well as the maintenance and organization of the warehouse receiving area of the grocery store."
    https://jobs.bashas.com/job/12476116/dsd-receiving-clerk-backup-scan-clerk-scottsdale-az/
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    Not including the vaccine that a few of you got ...

What is at least one highlight of March 2021?

You can add to this if there's another highlight in the next few days. :)

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛😴🌜
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk to store- 28min, =148c
    Other- 2hrs 41min 2sec, pack organize camper, go to store= 749c

Total cal 897

She’s called Bette for short
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Carol - I enjoyed Disturb’s version of Sound of Silence as well.

Heather - what a lovely little girl you were.

Machka - this shouldn’t be a hard question to answer, but it is.

What is at least one highlight of March 2021?
    Tomorrow night we are bringing our Grands for a sleepover. It will be the first one since last August.
    We FaceTimed them tonight to tell them, their excitement made me tear up.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    happy birthday Barbie!!!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Highlight Virtual Art in Bloom!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,242 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Like Tracey, my highlight has been seeing the grandchildren at the weekend. It's only been for around an hour, it's meant getting up early to avoid crowds, and we haven't been able to hug, or touch, but it's been wonderful. Truly wonderful.
    Strictly, we were not sticking exactly to government guidelines, but we used our judgement.
    Tomorrow morning we will be doing it again for DDIL'S birthday, (which is today).
    On Monday, which is still March, the whole country is allowed to meet in groups of four adults in a garden! We hope to walk over to my son's house and sit in the garden. :D The Italian university student who now collects the children from school a few days a week might be there. She is learning German at uni. I hope to practise a few words of German with her. I haven't spoken German to a real person in years. :laugh: Another highlight was finishing with the Duolingo course and starting another.

My other HUGE highlight was getting the first draft of my memoir completed. My website is nearly ready and will go live by the end of March. I have opened my LAPTOP! I'm in there, fiddling with the formatting. :o:)
    These things are great, big, highlights to me, because they involve conquering deep fears and even phobias. This March has seen a change in my ability to embrace my fears. I am ready to use my word for the year now, FRUITFUL. There seems to have been a big shift in my consciousness this month.
    Thank you Machka for helping me to reflect on all that. I feel a greater sense of freedom.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx