Stressed and Getting Healthy! new group

Options

Replies

• CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This looks like a great thread for me. I'm usually stressed and have anxiety most of the time. I wish I could stop it but I don't know how. I have noticed that exercising has made me feel a lot better.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to vent or just talk about anything on your mind!
  • saeverman
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers!

I lost the three pounds that I had gained two weeks ago and a pound. YEAH! Hope everyone else had a good week!

Stephanie E
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was checking the threads looking for a place where people would understand me and I think I found it. I have had a very stress full life for a long time, but my daughter died in a car accident 5 years ago this month and the anxiety and depression since then have started to take over my life. I have gained 50lbs or more since then and i was overweight then. I have a very hard time talking about it and when it gets on my mind all I want to do is eat. I have lost 38lbs this year but now that the bad months are here im hoping to find the extra support to keep from gaining it back. If I don't loose any weight and just maintain till Feb I can relax enough to get back on it. My current weight is 232 lbs by goal weight is 130lbs so we can see I've still got a long way to go.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I'm stressed and tired all of the time. Some days it's really hard to get to the gym after work.

Shannon
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi! This looks like it might be a good place for me to post. I am a mother of four, three of which are teenagers, and I am 35. I started very young, and so did the stress in my life. I used to be on meds for anxiety after a panic attack which took me to the ER. However I am now with a terrific man who doesn't stress me out most of the time. However trying to get him and my kiddos and myself into one cohesive family unit, and dealing with the stresses of working a straight nights job can sometimes overwhelm me. I would say my biggest stress in my mind right now is that I will gain back what I've already lost. I actually went and made myself throw up after eating a piece of cake the other night because I felt soooo badly about the empty calories and couldn't stop stressing about it. I have never done anything like that before. I'm hoping I can lose my weight, learn to maintain it, and not get into extreme measures to try and stay skinny once I get there.
  • spim
    spim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a part of this group, have suffered from depression and social anxiety for a long time, so much so that now I'm 23, jobless, qualificationless, and besides my partner who lives with me and my mum, I don't have any friends. Will be nice to talk to some people who actually understand and don't just roll their eyes.

Here's a talking point, who knows about your anxiety, and how have they reacted? I know my mum has been incredibly supportive, but my dad is the kind of "roll eyes and tell you to get over it" type.

Anyone is welcome to add me for support and chats, since I'm on pretty much every day.

:)
  • Zombella
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newcomers! I am glad that you found us, we are all here to listen and give you support!

I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds.
  • spim
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newcomers! I am glad that you found us, we are all here to listen and give you support!

I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds.

Wow congrats on that! Weigh in day is tomorrow for me, so hoping for a loss, have lost 10lbs already but don't feel any lighter sadly.
  • Zombella
    Options
    Wow congrats on that! Weigh in day is tomorrow for me, so hoping for a loss, have lost 10lbs already but don't feel any lighter sadly.

Congrats on the 10lb loss! I know personally I didn't really notice any changes until I lost around 15.
  • spim
    Options
    Down 2lbs on weigh in day this week, been trying to do more exercise in the hope that I can keep losing!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I didn't understand that my issues revolved around anxiety till a few years ago. My family always just thought I was emotional, lazy, all those negative things. They never understood. Some may understand a little more now, I don't know. I know my brother was diagnosed with anxiety a couple years ago. My husband is very supportive about it. He also knows that I'm constantly working on it, and trying to overcome it. And he respects that.
    Would love to be a part of this group, have suffered from depression and social anxiety for a long time, so much so that now I'm 23, jobless, qualificationless, and besides my partner who lives with me and my mum, I don't have any friends. Will be nice to talk to some people who actually understand and don't just roll their eyes.

Here's a talking point, who knows about your anxiety, and how have they reacted? I know my mum has been incredibly supportive, but my dad is the kind of "roll eyes and tell you to get over it" type.

Anyone is welcome to add me for support and chats, since I'm on pretty much every day.

:)
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the losses guys! I gained a pound this last week. Guess I will have to readjust things with the schedule changing for the school year. I actually had a lot of cals burned not ate, was way behind on sleep, and lower on protein. I also like to eat several times a day, but if I get called in to work I can't do that. So I don't know. We'll see what happens next week.
  • barbarajean3
    Options
    THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT THE STRESS IS WHEN IT GETS BAD ENOUGH I DON'T WANT TO EAT, BUT I HAVE TO GO THRU THE EATTING A WHOLE CAKE STRES TO GET TO THE NO FOOD STRESS. TODAY IS A NO FOOD STRESS DAY.
  • Zombella
    Options
    I have been really slacking when it comes to my exercise lately, mostly because I feel like I don't have the time to do so. I am working really hard to try to control my anxiety but it is hard lately due to work. I am really trying hard to change my ways of thinking and give myself time do to things for myself.
  • barbarajean3
    Options
    I ate pizza and cake yesterday in honor of my daughters birthday. Those were her favs. Now I'm not only depressed but a little nauseous.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Having a pretty anxious day. Feels like everything is wrong and terrible but logically, nothing bad is happening.

Going to skip exercise and just mull around the house, slowly getting my list of stuff to do done. Hmmm :| hate this feeling
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Pulled like taffy, I'm in.
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me me me - I'm a huge stresshead!!
  • Butterfly3081
    Butterfly3081 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there's still room! I've suffered with anxiety since my horrible abusive marraige( I am now divorced thank goodness!) Anyhow I've been searching for a group of anxiety sufferers that I could identify with and feel at home with! This is a great idea! Thank you!