WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    CSSJ--Sending hugs and prayers for your DGD and for you.

As for family, my dad was married 3 times for a total of 11 kids. Mom married a man that had custody of his 4. So a big group. Since our parents have passed we don't talk much. I try and call my one brother once in awhile. I have one brother that is only 10 months older then me as he is from the first marriage and we are the same age from March 2 to May 30. I have never met him, but talked on the phone a couple times. As for our kids we are a blended family and when they were young we could get them all together, not so much now so do the best we can. I send a lot of cards and stuff to grand kids and we text and facebook. Sure not the way I would like it, but just do the best we can.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Been busy the last couple days with haircut,pedicure,nice visit with DD. Yesterday was more to do & a short grocery trip. Every time I think I’m back to normal,realize nope....still a ways to go.Today is damp & cool. Perfect for staying home.

It’s ok tho.While I got the pedicure that wasn’t a pedicure,DH,moved laundry to dryer & cleaned floors thru out the house.He doesn’t mention it,just does what needs doing.

Have a sheet pan of veggies roasting now & will make a small meat loaf for our late lunch.Since surgery,one meal fills me up,so we’re mostly doing a late lunch as our main meal.Suits us both.I had lost 40 pds since hospital,gained 4 back.

Read about Sisters not being close,that is super sad.I was very close to both mine & one bro. Now just myself & one Sis left.We talk most days & she comes to visit from Minn every summer.A sister is a treasure,but all family is,so not good when they pull away.

Sorry I can’t find the add a picture directions .I do thank you for helping. Just call me Pat

Pat C Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I tracked breakfast and lunch. did 15 min on recumbent at over 115 HR, meditated 15 min, awesome was that i went for a little sit in very nearby tiny public park to start the day before 9 am (. when i got there there was a not so young guy clearly meditating in on park bench, sitting position, hands/arms released, eyes closed. i was gonna walk by to check but then he started to leave.Then i sat and took some notes for my date book for the month. as i was leaving- just a few minutes later- there was a younger guy also sitting meditating across the park, on a bench, this time, shoes off in semi-lotus position. i walked by also, he gave me a big smile. he must have felt the kindred spirit. i could only smile with eyes as i had a mask on. i have done lots of meditation, and occasionally have meditated in parks outside, but not much as it doesn't feel very comfortable (people can consider one strange, ostentatious). i have felt that changing in recent years. i would never have done that 30 years ago, but i have occasionally done that recently (in quiet place with few people, etc). Mindfulness being all the rage and having become very manystream, what was 30 years past considered almost sect-like (focusing on breath, body sensations, observing sensations and thoughts) is now run of the mill.

Did all so far except the 8h of writing and producing many pages. wish me luck. i need it! (luck or courage or will or inspiration or a guardian angel or help or something!)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Posting pictures:

1. Find a nice picture. You could google it and find something. You could spot a picture you like on Facebook. You could post your picture to an online album like Flickr or you could just have the picture saved on your computer.

dlaa0x9mv0eb.png

2. Right click on the picture, wherever it is. Select "copy image" or sometimes just "copy".

ketgel8gxcao.png

3. Come here and go to the box where you type. Right click in the box and click "paste". Wait. Count to 10. And then the link will appear!

bf5im7nz1vq2.png

Now, in case you read through these instructions and wondered how I got them ... I used a tool called Snipping Tool. It's another option you can play around with.

Machka in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    i often have my feet up.
    i think my circulation is so-so not sure why, so it's nice to have feet up often enough.
    i have never had a deep-sink-in chair, neither in my childhood home(s), nor in my adult homes.

We had this one easy chair at home as a kid that was well stuffed and good quality, solid, but quite firm and not with butt below knees.

We had this weird kids's rule between us (decided by kids not parents) that whoever was sitting in that chair got to decide what channel we watched. So of course sometimes that meant trying to get the other to get up or waiting for them to have to go to pee, or get a snack. very weird and funny.

my brother liked star trek reruns and me i remember liking kimba the white lion cartoon, ha, ha, ha!
    and i think my brother maybe liked "speed racer" cartoon.

since my brother was 4 years older, he was more tricky with getting to sit in the TV chair, and so i surely watched more star trek reruns than kimba the white lion. it's definitely better to choose but star trek has become a classic and kimba, not so! i have never watched a star trek movie though! (and only 1 star wars 1 time- the 1st) maybe that's why! LOL

my dad was super into science fiction movies and books back then too. kind of quirky back then. i didn't know of anyone else who was so into them. he would read any science fiction he could get his hands on that came to the local suburban library back then in the 60s and 70s and early 80s...LOL, and go see the same local suburban movie a few times.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    I do have to sit with at least my left leg up because of circulation issues in that one.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Well i got up and dressed and did my walk.
    My 91 yr old neighbor doing well after getting shot too..
    Some say it takes 24-36 hrs to kick in,but even so with me on the prednisone in me i dont know if ill sleep at all during the day.. but hey at least here is hoping i sleep better at night..
    Watching cooking shows now
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    I always have my legs up. Can't stand having them hanging down. I spend most of my time lying on the sofa, or lying in bed. I work on the bed. I hate standing even more. :#

A back expert on the TV the other day said, it's not what position you are sitting in that matters, it's how long you stay there. So keep changing position and get up and walk about.

Had a nice Zoom with my girlfriends. The last of our mothers is 94 today. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vaccination report—We had our second Pfizer jabs yesterday, and I woke up this morning with a nasty headache. I took tylenol and am having coffee now. The coffee seems to be helping more than the tylenol. On my way home yesterday I stopped at the local ice-cream shop. The ice-cream was wonderful! B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We had our second CoVid vaccinations today. We took Pfizer Vaccine at Walgreens. Second dose seemed easier and I am happy to be vaccinated and done. <3

I found the same thing- had less side effects from the second than I did with the first- was expecting a lot worse but didn't happen- thankfully. I had Pfizer too.

Debbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your second vaccination Katla. <3 In the UK we have to wait 12 weeks between doses. :'( We haven't got a date for ours, but we are expecting one in about 4 weeks time.
    Our numbers are dropping fast and no one is dying locally. Very few in ICU.
    I can't wait for my second as, after 5 days, it will mean I can go indoors with my loved ones. The government is saying mid May.

I'm feeling more optimistic about my ability to edit my memoir. It still looks far too long, but I am enjoying the process.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    It's a long dreary rainy day here.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    We will be getting that later Annie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. So far today, tho, I have over 8,000 steps. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

I asked one of the managers if my job has changed since it seems they’re having me do different things in addition to the carts. Today she asked me to go on a register. I really don’t have a problem with that, not that I really want to do it, tho. I couldn’t remember my old password so I couldn’t change it. Evidently, you have to change it something like every 30 days. Anyway, she was saying that the store manager and corporate are going to have a zoom meeting tomorrow. She seemed pretty sure that I would be fired. I honestly think what should be done is give me other things to do in addition to the carts like getting them from the parking lot, loading groceries into customer’s carts, that sort of thing. Well, I guess we shall see. If they want to cut costs (and I understand that), I would think what they should do is cut hours. Have people only work 4 hours or maybe 5. Instead of someone working 7 or 8. But who am I????

Rained today. Fortunately, it wasn’t real cold. It would rain heavily, then let up. Tomorrow is not supposed to be rain but is supposed to be colder (oh joy)

CSSJ - prayers

For me, there was even less pain in my arm with the second vaccine than with the first. Now Vince was just the opposite. Go figure!

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Someone asked.....We live in mid Ohio. My orchids were grown inside & given to a friend when I was no longer interested in them.
    Pat C Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m happy to have two vaccinations done for each of us. They were a couple of weeks apart. I hope that is all that is needed. We will see. :star: I’ve had a bit of headache today. :ohwell:

Katla