GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I've been on the hunt for nicer 2.5s for a while. I've hardly seen any in stock online and a few enterprising individuals locally are trying to sell some on FB marketplace for a huge markup.

Rogue does have these micro plates in stock but they're predictably pricey for what they are. Goes all the way down to 0.5 lb though.
    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-add-on-change-plate-pair
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I've been on the hunt for nicer 2.5s for a while. I've hardly seen any in stock online and a few enterprising individuals locally are trying to sell some on FB marketplace for a huge markup.

Rogue does have these micro plates in stock but they're predictably pricey for what they are. Goes all the way down to 0.5 lb though.
    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-add-on-change-plate-pair

Crazy enough... Our Walmart has weight plates in stock and they're around $1.30 a pound! It's the cheapest around and awesome! But... They only go down to 2.5lb

I'm going to go on a creative hunt at my local hardware store... See what kinds of washers or plates I can find that will work. 😁. I'll keep you posted!
  • steveko89
    Options
    Here are some bespoke Rogue calibrated fractional plates too... jeez
    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-calibrated-lb-steel-plates?prod_id=38869&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt6Wok-_a7wIVjZV3Ch2TuwZKEAEYASADEgJoAfD_BwE

I have a set of CAP iron 2.5s but recently bought a new cerakote barbell and worry the imperfections on the holes on the cap plates will tear up the cerakote on the sleeves. Last January I scored a used set of Rogue competition training plates, a Rogue 2.0 barbell, DB-15 loadable handles and really nice rubber-coated 10s and 5s from a dude getting rid of his homegym for like 1/2 retail (oh how I miss pre-covid used pricing).
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    As for the form, you lend a little bit too far to the back at the top, making your back curve, aka cranking the weight.
    How is your stance?

A good way to fix this, is stand with 1 feet in front of the other, preferable your weaker leg in front, if you want to make it easy, or stronger leg in front to make it a little harder.

If that doesn't work, my coach always told me to lower the weight untill i got it right, better lower weight with good form, rather than high weight with bad form.

Also, for this particular exercise, you do not need to extend your arms fully at the bottem, you can have a little bend in the elbow. Because now at the start, your elbos push back, behind your back as well, making the ROM kinda useless.
    Your elbows should not be moving back and forward, this indicates you are doing too heavy, which can lead to injuries in the long run

Do you have microplates Sandy? If not, i suggest getting them. It's a game changer for sure

My stance is just feet shoulder width apart, so I'll try your recommendation. I have 2.5s so I can drop the weight down by 5 and focus on the changes you recommend. I'll also work on keeping my arms tight to my sides and minimizing the movement. :)

Thank you so much for this feedback, it's much appreciated! :smiley:

eta... I tend to have a pretty pronounced lower back curve too, so I'll try to focus on tilting the pelvis, tucking my butt in, and reducing that curve. :-P

You might wanna invest in microplates if the lowest is 2.5 (lbs or kg?)
    My lowest is 0,125 kg i can add (so 0,25 kg on bar), and that was such a game changer for me

Instead of adding 2,5 kg everytime and then hit a plateau, or break it, but next week it was too heavy again, and thus struggling to make any real progress (load/deload a lot)
    I now can add 0,25 kg on a bar, and progress for 10 weeks, instead of struggling for 10 weeks.
    It has progressed my bench press from 27,5 kg (yep i am weak) up to 50 kg in 5 months time
    While i was struggling so much to get my 5x5 on +30kg for almost 4 months

And tilting the pelvis could definatly help with the back part

You are welcome, always willing to advice where i can, even though i am not your fit and bulky guy, doesn't mean i am clueless 😉

Miine are in lbs... so my smallest plates are 2.5lbs. I have been watching for 1.25s but havent seen any local and really think it's BS how much they're charging for weight online. I keep hoping that prices will drop a bit... soon! lol

The lowest I’ve seen are also 2.5 in lbs

tklfi289kiq0.png

Thanks for the leg work on this.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I checked online... Rogue Canada has a listing for a pair of 1.25lb plates, but it's out of stock. Price = $39.00 PLUS shipping.

😵🥴
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I checked online... Rogue Canada has a listing for a pair of 1.25lb plates, but it's out of stock. Price = $39.00 PLUS shipping.

😵🥴

Could you repurpose old-school barbell collars? Not the clamp kind but rather the old school, screw kind - something like these
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F2063%2F2201%2Fproducts%2FCFF-CromeOlympic-CollarsR_1024x1024.jpg%3Fv%3D1571709395&f=1&nofb=1
    I wonder what the weight on each of those is and whether could find those on FB for sale or the like. I'd bet they weight around a lb.
  • steveko89
    Options
    Rogue has the rubber-coated change plates back in stock, no 1.25s though.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-lb-change-plates
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    en5jiv6qiauy.gif
    szp04rrdarb0.gif
    sp3vscoejioq.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I have serious muscle definition envy. I would say quad envy, but the calves, triceps, and pretty much every muscle has it. Lol

Killing it, C.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    I have serious muscle definition envy. I would say quad envy, but the calves, triceps, and pretty much every muscle has it. Lol

Killing it, C.

Thank you ☺️
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options

Killing it, C.

Right?!!!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    4hp43mjdddd8.jpg
    Lifting today felt pretty good. I might be brave enough to increase my squats Monday!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    4hp43mjdddd8.jpg
    Lifting today felt pretty good. I might be brave enough to increase my squats Monday!

Is that your body weight at the top of your workout?

Do you do your good mornings standing or seated?
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yes, it's my body weight. It was an uptick today. I do OHP and good mornings standing. I didn't even know you could do good mornings sitting...it's a hip hinge 🤷‍♀️
  • kinetixtrainer2
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4hp43mjdddd8.jpg

Is that your body weight at the top of your workout?

Do you do your good mornings standing or seated?

You have great strength.

https://youtu.be/cJWYiUkiWrE

It’s been awhile but I enjoy seated good mornings.